Am I the only Brit/Scot on here?!?!

xxtigger_ukxx

Reaction score
Hi all!!

Okay, I'm new (duh!) and really want to use this site to be up-to-date on opinions on new technologies available for Deaf/deaf people. I am a primary/learning support teacher and am currently training to be a ToD. I used to work in a school for pupils with severe learning difficulties and dual-sensory impairment. I hold BSL Level 1, currently working towards Level 2.

Always looking for like-minded people to chat to, whether Deaf/deaf/hearing, doesn't matter to me!!

Manda x

Hi all!!

Okay, I'm new (duh!) and really want to use this site to be up-to-date on opinions on new technologies available for Deaf/deaf people. I am a primary/learning support teacher and am currently training to be a ToD. I used to work in a school for pupils with severe learning difficulties and dual-sensory impairment. I hold BSL Level 1, currently working towards Level 2.

Always looking for like-minded people to chat to, whether Deaf/deaf/hearing, doesn't matter to me!!

Manda x

No you are not. And I thought Scotland was tiny. ;)

Don't you know all the deaf people there?

Hi! Lol no, afraid I don't! I know a fair few though!! Including the famous Gerry Hughes!

Where in Scotland are you?

x

Hi! Lol no, afraid I don't! I know a fair few though!! Including the famous Gerry Hughes!

Where in Scotland are you?

x

I am not! I am in Iowa in the central US, but I actually know a couple of deaf people in Scotland.
The deaf world is small.

Oh I would LOVE to visit Iowa! Where there are you? If you don't mind me asking!

I wonder if you know the same people I do - that would be bizarre!

x

Oh I would LOVE to visit Iowa! Where there are you? If you don't mind me asking!

I wonder if you know the same people I do - that would be bizarre!

x

I live in the Des Moines metro area, which is the capital of Iowa, and kind of south central location in our state.

I think the people I know are probably quite a bit older than your age group. :)

Wow - it's Des Moines I want to go to. Although my reasoning might be a bit stupid/immature - one of my favourite bands hail from there!! Lol!

All the Deaf people I know are older than me too lol.

What do you do for a living/thrills, if you don't mind me asking?

x

xxtigger- This is a hell of a coincidence. You two look like someone I met last Spring, do you know a Juliette Blackburn?

Wirelessly posted

Hi! I'm Australian, but I am part Scot, my grandfather was a Scot. Welcome. There are a number from the U.K here on AllDeaf.

Last edited:
Someone called RoseRodent is from Scotland UK. Maybe have a look at her posts. :)

Hi folks! Thanks you for all your lovely messages!! I shall definitely look RoseRodent up!!

Hi Sean B, I'm afraid I don't, but not sure about my mate Jenni (the blonde!). Where was it you bumped in her/my doppelganger?

xx

Hi folks! Thanks you for all your lovely messages!! I shall definitely look RoseRodent up!!

Hi Sean B, I'm afraid I don't, but not sure about my mate Jenni (the blonde!). Where was it you bumped in her/my doppelganger?

xx

Sorry Mandy. I met her in Seattle, Washington
.(Anderson Island), now she's with a friend (Katelyn) in London, sent me a pic that looks like the one you posted. It's been two months since last contact, saw your pic and for a moment thought she tracked me on AllDeaf. She's not deaf, and no ties to Scotland. Anyway, hope you enjoy your time on this site and welcome aboard! :)

Below is the pic I was talking about. ;)

Attachments

• 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 16
i am english,londoner born and bred live in suffolk now,not sure what occuring in scotland but if you enquire at the city lit they have stuff going on

Wow - it's Des Moines I want to go to. Although my reasoning might be a bit stupid/immature - one of my favourite bands hail from there!! Lol!

All the Deaf people I know are older than me too lol.

What do you do for a living/thrills, if you don't mind me asking?

x

So you like SlipKnot! That is probably the only band I know about, but they are pretty famous here.

And I got sick so am retired early, and my thrills come lately from riding my power scooter around the neighborhood. :)

My father is half Scottish and Irish and my mother is half British and Japanese. So no your not the only one.

Bottesini - I'm sorry to hear that. My father also does not work due to ill health. It's a lot more hard going than people imagine!! But yes, I love Slipknot, have done for a long time!! Hehe :)

MarkfromNJ - that is SOME mix! I love it!

xx

Bottesini - I'm sorry to hear that. My father also does not work due to ill health. It's a lot more hard going than people imagine!! But yes, I love Slipknot, have done for a long time!! Hehe :)

MarkfromNJ - that is SOME mix! I love it!

xx

Indeed it is a very interesting mix. I have always been curious what nationality stuck out when people first noticed me.

Hey xxtigger_ukxx, it is nice to know that you are British and Scottish. I am such a mutt. have a combination of English, Irish, Welsh, Scottish, French, German, and a bit of native indian... I am mostly English...

Back