almost 2 years post activation - still CI moments!

neecy

Reaction score
I had a wonderful CI moment the other day. I still tend to keep the CC on when I watch TV - for the simple fact that sometimes people are hard to understand, music/noises in the shows/movies tend to be louder than the character's voices, and also environmental sounds (people talking etc) around me sometimes is distracting as well.

My Dad and I were watching TV together, and he switched the TV to a documentary on glaciers, and it wasn't CC, but I was able to understand the entire program!!! Usually I watch the news without CC (our local newsreporter speaks VERY clearly,) and some shows on Discover channel, but the rest I tend to keep CC on. It was so cool!

I also had a neat moment a couple weeks ago when one of my high-school best friends tracked me down online, and I called her up on the phone and we chatted for over an hour. I had never heard her voice before (we met after I went deaf,) and it took about 2 minutes to get used to it, then after that no problem at all! I'm loving it.

Good for you :)

I wish I could enjoy listening to TV or people like you do :( . Even if I wear hearing aids they don't help much with understanding without lip reading.. My loss have recently progressed to profound area so I have been (technically) oral deaf . I think CI could be a way for me in the near future ,as well .

Beautiful experience....

Allways nice to hear this.... getting an idea what my daughter can hear...

Keep them coming..
(You should put it on your blog... time to update that..)

That's so awesome! My turn on date is coming NEAR!!! So I am nervous and excited in mixed ways. HEE!

So I am glad you really enjoyed the program and understood a entire show! YAY! I rather with CC though! My habits. :) But AT least I can try without.

My loss have recently progressed to profound area so I have been (technically) oral deaf . I think CI could be a way for me in the near future ,as well .
Gotta admit, I think the CI is awesome for progressive losses.............From what I recall about 20% of hoh kids will eventually go deaf. Small but significent..........
Oh, and neecy it doesn't surprise me that you're having CI moments. ....I've been wearing hearing aids since I was three, and I still have HA moments!

Happy that the CI is working for u. :)

Wow!! :eek: I'm impressed! I can see that you were so excited to hear the speakers on the TV without closed caption, I know I would be excited too if that ever happened to me. Thanks for sharing your cochlear implant story here with us. :thumb:

I'm happy for you that you are happy...

Thank you for share your positive story here with us.

Back