ALLTEL Wireless will be offering special rate plan for deaf/HH.

RichardDeaf

Reaction score
Found this this morning.

New Hearing Impaired Rate Plan Available - 8/10 (08/06/07)

Effective Friday, August 10, 2007, Alltel will make a new rate plan available to Customers with hearing impairments.

The Hearing Impaired Rate Plan (Billing Code - Q7AB) gives Customers unlimited messaging (text, picture, and video) and unlimited internet usage for $29.99 per month, but does not include package voice minutes (zero package voice minutes). This plan is available to hearing impaired Customers only.

The Hearing Impaired Rate Plan includes the following free features:
· All Axcess Pass - (AAPD)
· Axcess Minutes - (AMLV)

Additional Plan Details

Plan doesn't include package voice minutes (zero package voice minutes)
Customers will have the ability to make voice calls at a rate of $.40 per minute
Reps can find this plan under Axcess Mobilelink plans in UNITY and under High Speed Axcess plans in eWave.

Available in all markets except the divested Southern Minnesota market (site 557)
Available with any MMS (Multi-media Messaging Service) and web capable handset, with the exception of BlackBerry and smartphone devices

In order to protect our Customers' privacy, if a Customer states they are hearing impaired, reps should take their word for it and not try to verify if they are actually impaired

View the Disabled Customer Policy located on the Policy/Process/Procedure page in Einstein for more information on the Hearing Impaired Rate Plan.

So then what is the rate for blackberry or smartphone plans? Aren't those the ones that are supposed to be the ones with keyboards?

That is exactly what I was wondering too when I read this off from the company intranet website...

Only non-smartphone phone with qwerty keyboard that I could find that ALLTEL is selling is Kyocera Strobe K612B. But no EVDO built in which is faster than 1X internet.

So then what is the rate for blackberry or smartphone plans? Aren't those the ones that are supposed to be the ones with keyboards?

Alltel is still old tech and way outdated but they may have the best coverage with all those old towers all over USA. It will be a long time before we start seeing Alltel with higher speed datas.

Alltel is still old tech? Ever heard of Alltel's My Circle?

Anyway, I like the plan for the hearing impaired. I'm with my mom's plan/contract and that I have a Pocket PC PPC6700 Phone.

I could pay about $12 for about 30 minutes per month since I don't make voice calls that much. I'd rather use text messaging/Internet most of the time if I'll be using my Pocket PC Phone due to my hearing impairement.

Alltel is still old tech? Ever heard of Alltel's My Circle?

Anyway, I like the plan for the hearing impaired. I'm with my mom's plan/contract and that I have a Pocket PC PPC6700 Phone.

I could pay about $12 for about 30 minutes per month since I don't make voice calls that much. I'd rather use text messaging/Internet most of the time if I'll be using my Pocket PC Phone due to my hearing impairement.

My Circle is all about voice features .. I don't see any comparsion between carriers on data features since deaf commuities greatly depend on data service rather than voice so it still old tech when it come to data service or they would be bragging about their data service over the other carrier's data services.

That is exactly what I was wondering too when I read this off from the company intranet website...

Only non-smartphone phone with qwerty keyboard that I could find that ALLTEL is selling is Kyocera Strobe K612B. But no EVDO built in which is faster than 1X internet.

I have this phone and like it but then again I am not deaf so my needs are differant

You are incorrect about our network is outdated - we have invested over billions of dollars upgrading company's network in last few years. Only thing I complain about is "lack" of *GOOD* selection ALLTEL phones they offers.

We have EVDO in many markets now plus we have roaming agreement with Sprint for EVDO service which make it available for customer to have high speed internet nationwide.

I use EVDO service everyday and I typically get about 800 to 900 kbps with peak of over 1.1mbps.. I think that pretty damn good DSL-like speed for mobile internet.

I expect ALLTEL to upgrade to Rev A EVDO (allows higher rates for both upload and downloads) in the near future. With Rev A EVDO, you would be able to VRS at ease with EVDO router (ie. KR-1 router).

Richard

Alltel is still old tech and way outdated but they may have the best coverage with all those old towers all over USA. It will be a long time before we start seeing Alltel with higher speed datas.

Look at my banner.. my favorite racer Ryan Newman #12 driving for Alltel. Go Newman!

I am surprised about Alltel offer this features for hearing impaired. Nice and I will check it out @ Alltel store here.

I believe Alltel already had the special program for the deaf/hard-of-hearing for some time now.

I would of have given Alltel a try, but the closest coverage to me is about 70 miles away (I currently reside in Atlanta's far western suburbs.)

There has been rumours floating that Alltel was considering to buy out T-Mobile (USA) but both companies had discounted the rumours. Who knows?

I would like to know what phones with full keyboards are available with this plan?

Right now Alltel has only one phone with a full keyboard
that you don't have to buy extra service along with you
plan.

Both the Motorola Q and Blackberry have extra fees attached

If you are deaf and sign up for that plan you were talking
about are those fees dropped?

RichardDeaf....I have some questions too. I visited two Alltel stores today in Lincoln, NE and really didn't get any type of help at all regarding this plan. They were not interested in finding out anything about this plan at all. One just said, "that plan expired...our contracts are expiring and changing all the time." The other store just said, "I've worked here for 16 years and never heard of such a thing." Very helpful peolple:confused:

My daughter called the Customer Svc number and they gave us another number to call on Monday...so...fingers crossed.

Do we need to order via phone?

Sorry for long delay, I didnt get email on new message on this thread.. Did you tell them to look up the billing code Q7AB? I haven't tried this as I get free service from work.

RichardDeaf....I have some questions too. I visited two Alltel stores today in Lincoln, NE and really didn't get any type of help at all regarding this plan. They were not interested in finding out anything about this plan at all. One just said, "that plan expired...our contracts are expiring and changing all the time." The other store just said, "I've worked here for 16 years and never heard of such a thing." Very helpful peolple:confused:

My daughter called the Customer Svc number and they gave us another number to call on Monday...so...fingers crossed.

Do we need to order via phone?

I believe Alltel already had the special program for the deaf/hard-of-hearing for some time now.

I would of have given Alltel a try, but the closest coverage to me is about 70 miles away (I currently reside in Atlanta's far western suburbs.)

There has been rumours floating that Alltel was considering to buy out T-Mobile (USA) but both companies had discounted the rumours. Who knows?

ALLTEL, VERIZON , and SPRINT is CDMA cell network. T-Mobile and AT&T Mobility (formerly Cingular) are GSM cellular network.. 2 different on cell network... I am using Sprint CDMA 1xEVDO Sierra Wireless U595 USB modem and T-Mobile Blackberry 8100g Pearl Black..

ALLTEL, VERIZON and SPRINT has 1xEVDO ( up to 3mbp) and 1xRTT can up to 130kbp download.... AT&T Mobility has 3G fastest Internet selected availablity in the cities and EDGE can up to 130kbp and GPRS up to 60kbp... T-mobile does not have 3G high speed Internet Tmobile has GPRS and EDGE Internet.

Back