Alldeafer from Australia

Phillips

Lets ride horses!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you okay??

I saw the television of news. Australian have the severe flood.

Hope nothing serious! :(

Hi Phillips,
Yeah, we're fine. The flood is restricted to the NorthEast of Australia. Although, I just thought of an old Ader called Matilda, she lives up there around Brisbane, I think. So I hope she's safe now.

I thought you and JClarke both lived further south. Though I do have some friends in QLD. They are within driving distance of the floods but are not in immediate danger from what they have told me. It's getting worse from what I hear on the news.

I'm in Thailand, but my son is in Queensland but not in the affected area, but pretty close none the least. I have been on the phone with him the past few days.

Glad that you are all ok. :hug:

That is what I am worry about JClarke. Did he mention that he is from Brisbane, Australia? Is that area from the province, Queenland? I do worry about some Australians that are probably got caught in the flood. They are still have flood there today. It is not over yet.

I know JClarke has been posting a lot of FB, so that tells me he is okay.

That is what I am worry about JClarke. Did he mention that he is from Brisbane, Australia? Is that area from the province, Queenland? I do worry about some Australians that are probably got caught in the flood. They are still have flood there today. It is not over yet.

Jake is Canberra.

Jake is Canberra.

So he is okay that he is not from province, Queenland. I would be very happy if he is okay and so are the other Australians too. We are having a lot of disasters here in Canada and United States, even in Hawaii like snowstorm? Very weird. :hmm:

So he is okay that he is not from province, Queenland. I would be very happy if he is okay and so are the other Australians too. We are having a lot of disasters here in Canada and United States, even in Hawaii like snowstorm? Very weird. :hmm:

Yes... Top of Hawaii's mountain had 4 inches snow!! :shock:

One of the dead people from this flooding is a Deaf woman. :( That is what I was told by my friend who grew up in Brisbane today.

Sad. I hope there are no more fatalities.

Are you okay??

I saw the television of news. Australian have the severe flood.

Hope nothing serious! :(

SG and I are fine as we both lives over the other side of Australia. In fact, we are very dry and needing rain. We wish we could have some of their water here as we have a water restriction and we are only allow to water the lawn/garden once a week. Last week, we had bushfires and some houses got burnt down. it has been deliberately lit.

Yes, its a very sad news over there (Qld) but they have so many volunteers turn up from everywhere to help clean up. I wish I could help but I am far away from there.

SG and I are fine as we both lives over the other side of Australia. In fact, we are very dry and needing rain. We wish we could have some of their water here as we have a water restriction and we are only allow to water the lawn/garden once a week. Last week, we had bushfires and some houses got burnt down. it has been deliberately lit.

Yes, its a very sad news over there (Qld) but they have so many volunteers turn up from everywhere to help clean up. I wish I could help but I am far away from there.

The Queensland government has set up a donation site online as well as giving a list of locations where you can place your donation. I have a link to the site on my FB profile page.

The Queensland government has set up a donation site online as well as giving a list of locations where you can place your donation. I have a link to the site on my FB profile page.

Yes I am already aware of the donation by the Qld Government few days ago. Some of the shops here has set up the tin cans for the flood relief donation. :)

Never been a Queenslander myself.
I am from Canberra, which is the national capital of Australia.
and it is 14 hours drive south from Brisbane.
I am here and am fine.

Yep I agree Koala, we do need rain badly in Western Australia. It is very dry here.

I have been watching the news on TV about Queensland floods for last few days... it does look awful there.

Been watching the Australia Channel here.

Everyone in Queensland is now going back to their lives again, back to work, and to help with the clean-up. Sadly there has been a total of 20 deaths resulting from the floods and another 14 reported missing and with every day passing, fear for those lives are rising. Those who lost their homes are at government shelters.

The Deaf communication services in Queensland are now back on. Brisbane the capital of Queensland is now getting back into action again with many now returning to work.

The food industry is greatly affected and food prices have gone up because Queensland is the main fresh produce supplier to the rest of the States and Terrorities of Australia.

Back