Alert System!!

horselover61

Reaction score
I was watching tv last nite and then the annoying noise came on that horrible buzzzzzzzzzzz and making announcement about emergency system in my area. I didnt understand what it was said. I was so annoyed about that either on tv or radio. I told my son that how the hell can a deaf person understand what is going on in case of emergency. It should have a CC on tv so we the deaf can prepare in an envent of the emergency. That really pissed me off.

Is there a way to alert deaf people about emergency system?

usually a news broadcast follows the alert system and lettering scrolls on the bottem if it was in an event of a real emergency.

the one you seen was prolly a monthly test.

usually a news broadcast follows the alert system and lettering scrolls on the bottem if it was in an event of a real emergency.

the one you seen was prolly a monthly test.

It was not a monthly test cuz there is a emergency in my area due to ice storm. My son telling me to hush up when I talked. He said something about shelter if anyone dont have the power restored.

It was not a monthly test cuz there is a emergency in my area due to ice storm. My son telling me to hush up when I talked. He said something about shelter if anyone dont have the power restored.

I see. I have been through several hurricanes. And we had captioning and/or a marquee scrolling across the base of the screen. In our event. Usually a news alert would come on following the alert.
Dunno. Maybe it depends on the TV station you are watching.

Yea, I've seen a red/white marquee on the top of screen it's came from comcast alert service. (Amber alert, diseaster and etc)

Back