Airports and hearing aids

madkitten

Reaction score
Can I wear my hearing aid when i am walking through the scanner thing with out it going off. I am off to spain today so I will see you all in a week .:wave:

Can I wear my hearing aid when i am walking through the scanner thing with out it going off. I am off to spain today so I will see you all in a week .:wave:

Good Question but I suggest you to call your airport and ask about it. Enjoy your trip to Spain!

I think it should be okay as my ex boyfriend wear hearing aids went on the airport :) .. he was wear hearing aids on with him on the plane last Aug 21, 2006 :)

But better call airport to make sure :)

Yes of course you can wear your hearing aid. I have been to Uk & back recently and the security scanner doesn't go off at all. Have a wonderful time in Spain. :wave:

Yes of course you can wear your hearing aid. I have been to Uk & back recently and the security scanner doesn't go off at all. Have a wonderful time in Spain. :wave:

Oh really ... even with battery in?

Ok I will give it a go and if I get searched I hope he is good looking

Just make sure that you don't have anything on you that would likely to set the scanner off and make sure you empty your pockets out too.
I went through no plm and then my hearing hubby went through, he got beeped. His denim jacket got that metal buttons on the pockets cause it to go off. lol

lol Koloa that remind me lol cause my ex boyfriend went to airport for scan all over his head to toes make sure nothing happened then got beeped beeped where that came from till ahh in pockets from his short then do it again but still beeped beeped hmm till my mom thought it is from hearing aids so she told the guy who help my ex boyfriend cause my mom and I cant go inside of gate room only we can outside from gate room so the guy told the security it is hearing aids so the security know my ex boyfriend is wearing hearing aids then go on plane that is all :lol: it was funny when the secuirty checked on him but beeped beeped where came from till found lol

DM, Is it from your ex-boyfriend's hearing aid make the beeps? That is strange cos my hearing aid never cause the scanner to beep at all. Maybe some country have different type of scanner each?

DM, Is it from your ex-boyfriend's hearing aid make the beeps? That is strange cos my hearing aid never cause the scanner to beep at all. Maybe some country have different type of scanner each?

yeah maybe I guess .. I will email to ask my ex boyfriend about it :)

I flew a few times and always wore my hearing aids. Never had a plm.

Just don't worry about your hearing aids or CI while in airport. Ignore the idiot village's old tale. ;)

I came home from airport today. I had no problem walking thru the detectors with my hearing aid and CI. No beeps at all! Leave the battery in. Dont take it off. Just walk thru it. Think positive

Back