Advice about dominant hand use in signing.(Leftie)

Ha Hard of Seeing! That's an interesting turn on Low vision.

Speaking of- the bright blue you use is difficult to see on the dark theme of AD- I use the dark theme as I see white/light color text better on black/gray background and not so hurty on the eyes. I'm not asking/demanding anything- just pointing it out as I don't mind an occasional bright blue post :). I get around it by highlighting the blue (of course when highlighting on a dark theme it comes out white background and blue text- oh the irony...). There may be a few others who do also.

- I don't mean any disrespect saying 'Hard Of Seeing' (HOS), just that is a suitable term I like to use. I would say I created that definition/ABBRV but I'm sure others have used that term before.

Yes. I have a very hard time with that also. Just the plain black font is vastly better for low vision members.

- I will be sure to change my colour scheme next time as I didn't take into account users would have a hard time. I do apologize!

I decide to stay a leftie and it was a pretty good day today!

- Fantastic! I'm very glad you've made a solid decision! Tell me something! How are you liking the ASL/Nature/Culture etc?

I don't mean any disrespect saying 'Hard Of Seeing' (HOS), just that is a suitable term I like to use. I would say I created that definition/ABBRV but I'm sure others have used that term before.

Nah didn't take it as disrespect- I thought it was cool.

I went to my first Deaf Chat and I love the upbeat nature of all the people there.
Out of 10 there was one deaf woman and a hard of hearing girl.
I'm still pretty lost with the finger spelling but I'll get there.

Honestly? I absolutely love it!

I went to my first Deaf Chat and I love the upbeat nature of all the people there.
Out of 10 there was one deaf woman and a hard of hearing girl.
I'm still pretty lost with the finger spelling but I'll get there.

Honestly? I absolutely love it!

As with any language it will take time, and effort to aquire it. So be patient..but also really put the effort in becoming receptive....i cant stress that enough..
Its one thing to learn the vocab and the grammar...its another to really get a handle.on being receptive...
So.....
FEED your eyes...with sign....

Back