additional person to a BlackBerry family

Ups! :giggle: I've tried the Curve, but not the Bold - can't help you there. Sorry!

The Bold is actually pretty cool. Just need to get a hang of the basic commands and stuffs then you will get HOOKED on it lol.

Since you are getting the Bold and it is from AT&T, maybe you can try to convince them to put you on the TAP plan if you want to save money for TXT MSG and unlimited data. I've talked to a online consultant about the TAP plan and they told me that we can get BB on TAP.

Just letting you know in case you want this plan to help save you some $$$.

here is a link to the TAP plan, Hearing Aid Compatibility and wireless phones | AT&T wireless services

I had talked to some AT&T store employee and they didn't know what I was talking about. none of them could even find the right web page I told them about and I gave them the full name (Text Accessibility Plan). So if you can't get these peoples at the AT&T store to change your plan to the TAP, try the contact in the link (there is a e-mail addy and couple phone #).

Hopefully that'll help you :)

If you need some help with anything blackberry, try going to PinStack.com Forums and BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com. they was a HUGE help for me when I first got my BB. I thought that the BB was kinda bad for me and was thinking about sidekick but after finding out stuffs and hearing about programs like Viigo and BeeJive, I'm addicted to them lol.

P.S. If you can't get good IM set on your Bold, try the BeeJive. they have a 30 days trial if you want to check it out. they group all your IM (like AIM, Yahoo, MSN, Gtalk, and more) together. I bought the full license and never had problem with it :) very good IM program for BB if you want something better to use for IM.
http://www.beejive.com/blackberry/

I thought I picked unlimited data plan only for $34.99. Is that a problem? Tap plan has cheaper price than $34.99? Does it support for BB bold?

only $35.99? that not bad. Most peoples have to pay extra if they want txt msg included and stuffs. I have t-mobile unlimited data with 400 txt msg and it cost around $45 for me. I've heard that most BB unlimited data usually cost more with other carriers like sprint and alltell. I was just pointing out that TAP plan cause it is around $30 for unlimited data, 5,000 txt msg, and it allows voice calls (great for emergency but cost $0.40 per min) and includes 911 location info (let 911 find you by cell triangulation or GPS if you have it enabled I think).

Getting a data only plan by itself will not allow you to txt msg though. You would have to get an add-on plan for txt msg.

I was told that all phones with data like the BB should work on the TAP plan. I talked with a online AT&T consultant when I was trying to research on the TAP and that what they told me. If you can't get it for your bold, let us know so I can try and find out some more about the TAP and EXACTLY what it covers. I'm actually trying to research on as many deaf-related policy and plans of all the carriers I can to try and make a list of info for everyone to use. and to try and convince these carriers to set a fairer pricing for the deaf. I'm currently pretty busy right now so I can only post a few times around the forums that I'm in but not enough free time to actually go around and research some more on this type of things.

Hopefully TAP is what could help you save some money and can get it on your bold.

P.S. I'm actually trying to figure out if I can give away my pearl (and contract) so I can get one of AT&T BB on the TAP plan cause that would save me tons of money over the long term.

I thought I picked unlimited data plan only for $34.99. Is that a problem? Tap plan has cheaper price than $34.99? Does it support for BB bold?

I don't think TAP will cover on BB.

why don't we try and get AT&T to explain more about what TAP cover? cause the person I talked to in the customer service online said that I could get the BB on TAP plan.

This morning, I spoke with AT&T live rep. and she explained me three plans for deaf people like me.

BlackBerry Personal :$35 Only unlimited data

Blackberry Personal Bundle :$50 only unlimited data and unlimited text messaging included video messaging, instant messaging and etc.

TAP plan :$30 unlimited data and 5,000 text messaging incoming/outcoming

I decided to change my plan to Blackberry personal bundle which is $50

TAP Plan will not cover BB because BB already have a data plan without voice.

And you cannot get TAP Plan at AT&T store.

You must contact TAP plan office and apply it over fax or mail only.

Let us know how you like the Bold. I am considering a BB but right now I still got my 8525 on TAP plan and maybe switch to BB Bold on 50 a month if Bold seem good.

This morning, I spoke with AT&T live rep. and she explained me three plans for deaf people like me.

BlackBerry Personal :$35 Only unlimited data

Blackberry Personal Bundle :$50 only unlimited data and unlimited text messaging included video messaging, instant messaging and etc.

TAP plan :$30 unlimited data and 5,000 text messaging incoming/outcoming

I decided to change my plan to Blackberry personal bundle which is $50

Your new bundle plan is little cheaper than mine.

My Verizon TAP on BB costs $55 before my 12% discount so it comes down to only $49 on par with AT&T.

Gotta love corporate discounts.

Today, I got the blackberry bold and you have no idea how incredible this BB is. I was learning very quick for basic things. I was speechless for everything because it has everything that met my exceptions. you cant go wrong for this one. I made the right decision.

Today, I got the blackberry bold and you have no idea how incredible this BB is. I was learning very quick for basic things. I was speechless for everything because it has everything that met my exceptions. you cant go wrong for this one. I made the right decision.

Congratulation, I'm happy that BB Bold met your exception.

Last week I tried the BB bold and it wasnt for me. Guess Im so much spoiled with the BB Storm that I cant even go back to physical keyboards.

Congrats! Wow you got one that's soo fast!

We gotta remember we're still a family no matter if its a Curve, Javelin Curve, Pearl, Flip Pearl, Bold or Storm.

At least RIM has something for us in 50 different ways from Sunday that no other smartphone makers can ever do for us.

RIM is truly becoming like a kind of GM (General Motors) for smartphones giving us a smartphone that fits us, physical keyboards or touchscreens. Yet all share the Blackberry OS. So its a good thing.

Dude, I suggest you go downloading goggle map and mail on your bold, you will love it for guarantee satisfaction!!

We gotta remember we're still a family no matter if its a Curve, Javelin Curve, Pearl, Flip Pearl, Bold or Storm.

At least RIM has something for us in 50 different ways from Sunday that no other smartphone makers can ever do for us.

RIM is truly becoming like a kind of GM (General Motors) for smartphones giving us a smartphone that fits us, physical keyboards or touchscreens. Yet all share the Blackberry OS. So its a good thing.
Ha ha,thats true. you have an incredible example point!

Back