Adaptive Pitch (CI users preferably)

zajko

Reaction score
Hi,

I've found this site recently: Adaptive Pitch: Measure your pitch perception abilities and I tried the test.

I'm quite curious what results can other CI users achieve :) If you want, could you try it and share your results? And add info what brand (implant/processor) do you use and what audio input (loudspeakers, headphones, personal audio cable..) did you use for this test?
You can try it several times to see if your scores are similar or variable.

I don't want to make any conclusions from your answers - I know that everyone hears differently, but it can be quite interesting.

My results:
N24 internal / N5 processor, personal audio cable
best score 4.2 Hz, but my scores are very variable (from 4.2 to out of range)

Hi,

I've found this site recently: Adaptive Pitch: Measure your pitch perception abilities and I tried the test.

I'm quite curious what results can other CI users achieve :) If you want, could you try it and share your results? And add info what brand (implant/processor) do you use and what audio input (loudspeakers, headphones, personal audio cable..) did you use for this test?
You can try it several times to see if your scores are similar or variable.

My results:
N24 internal / N5 processor, personal audio cable
best score 4.2 Hz, but my scores are very variable (from 4.2 to out of range)

All scores are pretty variable over here too, also the tone isn't that pure lol.. PCs aren't really good at much, they're just pretty good at many things :)

6 Hz to 24 Hz.

HiRes90k/AB Neptune, my 75 IDR+No ClearVoice program worked best for me.
I also have a Naida S IX UP I wear at the same time... I tried a few different programs on it but it didn't seem to make much difference between soundrecover on or off.

I was using loudspeakers hooked up to my stereo receiver (hooked up to SPDIF output from my PC).

I did this stuff weekly in a Research study at Cochlear Americas for about 2 yrs .. it is all about mapping and the various ways to trigger the electrodes, speed, current, which 2nd electrode provides the ground current etc. Please do not be fooled into thinking it is a certain brand of processor or implant that would produce better results over another...

soutthpaw: as I already said, I don't want to make any conclusions.. I'm just curious if there are some differences between brands or not :) I guess not, but it can still be interesting. And I'm also curious if there are any differences between results with audio cable/loudspeakers/headphones. As I for example feel that using my laptop loudspeakers would provide me only "out of range" results :)

soutthpaw: as I already said, I don't want to make any conclusions.. I'm just curious if there are some differences between brands or not :) I guess not, but it can still be interesting. And I'm also curious if there are any differences between results with audio cable/loudspeakers/headphones. As I for example feel that using my laptop loudspeakers would provide me only "out of range" results :)

There are differences in the brands, but it does come down to user variability despite technical advantages. A user could be on Fidelity 120, but not derive full benefit and do worse than someone getting full benefit from ACE. Yes, the sound input source will also impact performance. DAI should provide the best input. Over the air/speakers will provide the least clarity.

Back