AD Speed Dating

BUT do keep me updated when there are some AD hookups in the makin'

((munches on popcorn))

I am uninterested, disinterested, and just ain't interested. So the world is a safe place for now ((bats eyelashes))

Er, was that 20 words?
and yet, watch out for her pepper spray! :shock:

She's not recommended!!!!!

:P

I'm soooo late to answer to Lianne, sorry about that.

And yeah, we, vegetarians, rock! There's nothing you can do about it lol
actually, I'm the only veggie at my family and we're peruvians, so as you can know, our food is the best food in the entire world lol, so they're always saying "omg, you don't eat 'ceviche' ?" (it's fish) or anything that they eat but I don't.

about the violin, sax and stuff you play, I'm such a loser with instruments, once I played the bass... then, no more. Too proud to be deaf lol :P

mmm ceviche! Yea should bend the rules on that one :) Its actually raw fish only "cooked" in acid (lemon or lime) so it "should" be easier on your stomach if your used to a raw or no meat diet. Great now I am hungry. Btw not a vegetarian I am just a foodie :P

I'm soooo late to answer to Lianne, sorry about that.

And yeah, we, vegetarians, rock! There's nothing you can do about it lol
actually, I'm the only veggie at my family and we're peruvians, so as you can know, our food is the best food in the entire world lol, so they're always saying "omg, you don't eat 'ceviche' ?" (it's fish) or anything that they eat but I don't.

about the violin, sax and stuff you play, I'm such a loser with instruments, once I played the bass... then, no more. Too proud to be deaf lol :P

I'm the only veggie in my family too!! have been veg for about 12 years now so my family have got used to it and my friends put up with it although some tease me about it but pfffffttt I'm not putting animals in my mouth, they can do what they want!

errrm i not know what say about me lol. i am shy,quite, be funny guy sometime and kind person !

But isn't it sad when you see an inocent plant.....A happy plant ..........One that responds to voices and music Ripped from it's home, thrown in a bucket where half will rot before they are consumed-------hold on-----sniff sniff-----ok I am better. Plus plants grow in/thrive on poop (manure). So that means you are eating second hand poop. Cows are vegetarians too. So I guess when you eat cows you are eating poop too but at least it's third hand and not second hand.

I mite stop eating all together

I'm the only veggie in my family too!! have been veg for about 12 years now so my family have got used to it and my friends put up with it although some tease me about it but pfffffttt I'm not putting animals in my mouth, they can do what they want!

hahah I know how you feel. My friends are ok with it, even when they say "but you don't want to eat a KFC?" but they just want to bother me :giggle: they're my friends and I think (lol) they care about me, so they don't force me to do anything, they just don't eat meat when I'm around :)

Yes I love ceviche.
I'll add a few things. I don't see what the fuss is really. If you are vegetarian that is totally fine I don't try to convert. I guess I don't see the point though really. I mean yes if your talking KFC or something for sure the answer is NO, and I eat meat. Why? Because of the conditions they are raised in for one. They are so mistreated it is not even funny. I guess you could say the same for a lot of farm or battery raised animals. At least with fish you can get wild caught. Same with some game animals. I am sure fish was eaten by man for a long time. It is even mentioned in the bible so can't go that route. Our teeth are made for meat eating as well as some molars for plants. In fact studies show that early man did not eat as many veggies over meat as previously though and might have had a very limited diet in plants.

Keep in mind I totally support vegetarians and what they prefer to eat. I also understand why they would not want to bring harm to animals. I feel the same way even though I eat meat. There is a point to be made about plants though. Plants are very much alive same as animals and actually through history have communicated with man more than animals have. The plants you see now in stores that are not organic are not happy plants either. Think battery hens for plants. Their nutrition lacks that of native plants almost not even worth eating. They harbor many ill things like E. coli and other harmful bacteria. Having some experience with plants they are sentient and are effected by how they are treated just like animals are.

Wild plants are the best plants to eat. Thank them or give them an offering before harvesting from them. Let them know what you seek in eating them. (if your sick for instance and using a plant to get better). Its a deep subject and in today's modern society you will probably be called crazy before anything else. People have lost touch with nature, even those who claim to be protecting it.

If you are truly looking to be vegetarian to save nature here are some good tips:
Harvest wild edible plants, if you can not then grow your own plants, if that is not an option then buy local organic, if local organic is not an option buy local regular produce.
Try to buy from local farmers markets if at all possible. Some of the food in grocery stores comes from 1000's of miles away. It destroys the local population there because land that could be used by locals is destroyed by putting in commercial farms and the chemicals needed to grow them. The land there quickly becomes infertile and plants can not grow without the use of chemicals. The carbon footprint to transport those goods thousands of miles, then to be trucked to distribution sites, then to local stores is also outrageous.

Growing your own or buying local saves lives, saves the environment, supports your local farmers, and keeps the money in your local area which serves your community.

Yes I love ceviche.
I'll add a few things. I don't see what the fuss is really. If you are vegetarian that is totally fine I don't try to convert. I guess I don't see the point though really. I mean yes if your talking KFC or something for sure the answer is NO, and I eat meat. Why? Because of the conditions they are raised in for one. They are so mistreated it is not even funny. I guess you could say the same for a lot of farm or battery raised animals. At least with fish you can get wild caught. Same with some game animals. I am sure fish was eaten by man for a long time. It is even mentioned in the bible so can't go that route. Our teeth are made for meat eating as well as some molars for plants. In fact studies show that early man did not eat as many veggies over meat as previously though and might have had a very limited diet in plants.

Keep in mind I totally support vegetarians and what they prefer to eat. I also understand why they would not want to bring harm to animals. I feel the same way even though I eat meat. There is a point to be made about plants though. Plants are very much alive same as animals and actually through history have communicated with man more than animals have. The plants you see now in stores that are not organic are not happy plants either. Think battery hens for plants. Their nutrition lacks that of native plants almost not even worth eating. They harbor many ill things like E. coli and other harmful bacteria. Having some experience with plants they are sentient and are effected by how they are treated just like animals are.

Wild plants are the best plants to eat. Thank them or give them an offering before harvesting from them. Let them know what you seek in eating them. (if your sick for instance and using a plant to get better). Its a deep subject and in today's modern society you will probably be called crazy before anything else. People have lost touch with nature, even those who claim to be protecting it.

If you are truly looking to be vegetarian to save nature here are some good tips:
Harvest wild edible plants, if you can not then grow your own plants, if that is not an option then buy local organic, if local organic is not an option buy local regular produce.
Try to buy from local farmers markets if at all possible. Some of the food in grocery stores comes from 1000's of miles away. It destroys the local population there because land that could be used by locals is destroyed by putting in commercial farms and the chemicals needed to grow them. The land there quickly becomes infertile and plants can not grow without the use of chemicals. The carbon footprint to transport those goods thousands of miles, then to be trucked to distribution sites, then to local stores is also outrageous.

Growing your own or buying local saves lives, saves the environment, supports your local farmers, and keeps the money in your local area which serves your community.

Okay, where do I start...
Firstly, this is WAY off topic - I realise the other vegetarian talk was vaguely off topic too but seing as we actually are veggie, it is therefore about us therefore okay.

Secondly, bolded seems slightly untrue given the lecture that follows.

Thirdly, I am trying to be the bigger person here and not get angry but I cannot help myself. How dare you try and tell me how to be a vegetarian when you aren't one yourself!? The whole thing just makes me so annoyed! You have the ordasity to relate the killing of plants to the killing of animals? It is not the same! plants do not have brains, cannot think for themselves and do not feel pain. I agree it is better to buy organic etc but not to help plants, to help the farmers that grow them.

okay, I have restrained myself here and I know you are merely expressing your views, but, to me they seem somewhat hypocritical. Also, I notice that by responding to this I am also being slightly hipocritical in my first (off topic) point so to rectify this I add...

Nearly 22, vegetarian, passionate about beliefs and will defend them from hypocrites, loves life and the opportunities it brings! (19 words!)

Firstly, this is WAY off topic - I realise the other vegetarian talk was vaguely off topic too but seing as we actually are veggie, it is therefore about us therefore okay.

Thirdly, I am trying to be the bigger person here and not get angry but I cannot help myself. How dare you try and tell me how to be a vegetarian when you aren't one yourself!? The whole thing just makes me so annoyed! You have the ordasity to relate the killing of plants to the killing of animals? It is not the same! plants do not have brains, cannot think for themselves and do not feel pain. I agree it is better to buy organic etc but not to help plants, to help the farmers that grow them.

okay, I have restrained myself here and I know you are merely expressing your views, but, to me they seem somewhat hypocritical. Also, I notice that by responding to this I am also being slightly hipocritical in my first (off topic) point so to rectify this I add...

Nearly 22, vegetarian, passionate about beliefs and will defend them from hypocrites, loves life and the opportunities it brings! (19 words!)

I lol'd at both of your rants. A passion shared between vegetarians, only for it to turned into an unwanted debate.

His rant is bordering on Jainism: the belief that one should never hurt a living being, including plants and the only acceptable one is one sustained by fruits.

One thing for sure. Your vegetarian lifestyle won't be infringed on or attacked if you cite it for dietary reasons or religious reasons, however as soon you bring in "animal rights," which is different from "animal welfare," people have a problem with it for some reason. If you don't want to debate or derail a topic, just stick with the "diet" or "religious" reasons. ;)

hehe! it was rather amusing! I just couldn't let that rant of (what I regard as) absolute balls to go unchallenged!

you are 22 years old??? wow i feel like a dirty old man

okay... well its only 4.47pm here and i guess its even earlier for you, so thats slightly veering into alcoholic territory but what the hell! lets do you!!

Back