AD mobile???

redfire53

Reaction score
I want to make suggestion. I am wondering if the mods can develop the AD site for mobile. I am sure that a lot of deaf/HH have a BB/Sidekick or others. So they can have a better accessiblity. Thank you..

We used to have that before, but Alex removed that feature. I dunno what happened to the project.

Works fine on my Blackberry.

Last edited:
We used to have that before, but Alex removed that feature. I dunno what happened to the project.
That's right.

I think the feature was removed due to lack of use or conflict with a previous vBulletin upgrade. :dunno:

Yes, did I just embarrassingly miss something?:Oops:
The question being asked was the MOBILE version.

On the bottom, there are 2 color schemes... dark and light. There used to be a 3rd scheme... mobile. It reduces the number of images used in the forums and makes it easier to be viewed on mobile devices. That scheme was removed.

If Alex were to bring it back, I would recommend that it be set up as m.alldeaf.com and not as a scheme. That way, members can simply go to m.alldeaf.com on their mobile devices and it will automatically reconfigure everything in mobile style. :)

A lot of websites do the same thing by using "m" instead of "www". :)

The question being asked was the MOBILE version.

On the bottom, there are 2 color schemes... dark and light. There used to be a 3rd scheme... mobile. It reduces the number of images used in the forums and makes it easier to be viewed on mobile devices. That scheme was removed.

If Alex were to bring it back, I would recommend that it be set up as m.alldeaf.com and not as a scheme. That way, members can simply go to m.alldeaf.com on their mobile devices and it will automatically reconfigure everything in mobile style. :)

A lot of websites do the same thing by using "m" instead of "www". :)

I actually thought it wouldn't work if it was not a mobile version. (Don't tell anyone about my lack of knowledge.)

I actually thought it wouldn't work if it was not a mobile version. (Don't tell anyone about my lack of knowledge.)
That's alright.

The mobile version could be coded to ignore avatars and convert any image to an URL so that the member has an option of viewing the picture. That way, it's all text and loads faster on mobile devices. That's how a lot of mobile sites are done. :)

That's alright.

The mobile version could be coded to ignore avatars and convert any image to an URL so that the member has an option of viewing the picture. That way, it's all text and loads faster on mobile devices. That's how a lot of mobile sites are done. :)

That is interesting.

Thank you for all feedbacks. I am struggling with my SK LX because it is awfully slow loading... I hate it when it is loading slowly. That is a problem... Hopefully these devices would be greatly improve in the future.

Thank you for all feedbacks. I am struggling with my SK LX because it is awfully slow loading... I hate it when it is loading slowly. That is a problem... Hopefully these devices would be greatly improve in the future.
Sidekick runs on a connection that is slower than dial-up. That's why it's slow-loading.

The reason why some mobile devices don't have loading problems is because they have wi-fi connection. They can connect to wireless networks and connect to the internet at high speed. If you had an iPhone, it wouldn't be a problem. ;)

Sidekick runs on a connection that is slower than dial-up. That's why it's slow-loading.

The reason why some mobile devices don't have loading problems is because they have wi-fi connection. They can connect to wireless networks and connect to the internet at high speed. If you had an iPhone, it wouldn't be a problem. ;)

I use my AT&T 8525 to browse on Alldeaf no problem. It just has a few coding issues with the web browser, that's all. It uses 3g speeds at around between 400kbps to 800kbps, when I'm not in wi fi network. :) Iphone 3g uses the same hardware.

No wonder. Well, I will purchase a new one when it gets better technology among these devices. I heard iPhone is the best top selling phone in the world right now. iPhone had just unseated Motorola RAZAR as the one number ranked in the world. Wow!!! Technology is getting faster everyday... :ty: :)

I have AD in my AT&T Tilt to use mini Opera. it s faster feed in 3G network. I think that should get m.alldeaf.com in mobile verison..... like m.deafread.com

I had contacted vBulletin support staff about requesting mobile version this morning.

I had gotten reply message from vbulletin. Wow, get it faster.

Unfortunately, they said that vBulletin works without modification on mobile devices. Additional low graphics styles can also be installed for use on mobile devices.

You try mini Opera or mobile Opera browser into your mobile but SK don't suppose it. :(

Last edited:
I have my own AT & T Tilt and I can read AD Forum without a problem. It carries 3G and Wi-Fi.

I have my own AT & T Tilt and I can read AD Forum without a problem. It carries 3G and Wi-Fi.

You try mobile Opera or mini opera browser software into your Tilt. Mini opera is faster feed than original mobile browser.

Back