• completely deaf from birth

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • completely deaf but lost hearing without mother tongue learning

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • completely deaf but lost hearing after mother tongue learning

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • hard of hearing and loss is progressing gradually

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • hard of hearing and loss happened suddenly ( an illness,accident and so on)

Votes: 8 18.2%

• Total voters
Tousi said:
Excuse me but what's a "CIC"?
I think It's a type of hearing aids.. it means Completely Inside the Channel
it's almost invisible.. :whip:
:giggle:

what causes your hearing loss?? newborn???

I was just wondering what causes everyone hearing loss... some may be born with it some may not.....

I was told that GENTMIACIN TOXICITY causes my hearing loss......

I born as hearing, then when I became 3 months old, I became sick with named of a long word of "M" that I cannot spell it. Until I became 3 years old, I finally became deaf as 100%. But Im proud to be deaf! :thumb:

Sweetheart said:
I born as hearing, then when I became 3 months old, I became sick with named of a long word of "M" that I cannot spell it. Until I became 3 years old, I finally became deaf as 100%. But Im proud to be deaf! :thumb:
Meningitis?? :dunno:

Sweetheart said:
I think that, but not sure. Have to ask my mom since I didnt ask her abt it since I was young.

I'm sorry to hear that it may cause your loss... but hey like you said your proud to be deaf.... So am I!!! :cheers:

I'm became deaf when I was 19 month old but it hadn't found until 19 month old, I think it's sure is from born.

TrippLA said:
I'm became deaf when I was 19 month old but it hadn't found until 19 month old, I think it's sure is from born.
did any med cause it? im just thinking out loud :dunno:

jazzy said:
I lost my hearing to spinal menigintis at age two and half.
I just had a spinal tap on my back the other day checking for spinal meniginitis. :ugh:

Mod Note:

Threads were merged...one was created just recently and was merged with this thread as both threads were covering the same topic--.

~RR

(thanks to Cheri.... :ty: )

Back