A Thread About Absolutely Nothing! Part III

Some people are so thin-skin they go running to the mods for any little thing that THEY perceive as an attack on them. *SMH*

I tried to train a couple guys today, just some basic wiring. Groannnn, I seriously think they cannot chew gum and fart at the same time.

I would love to go for a ride in an older car where the front seat isn't separated by a center console.

I would love to go for a ride in an older car where the front seat isn't separated by a center console.
Ah, the good ol' bench seats. :)

It was common for three people to sit in the front (more if they were kids). We used to be so unsafe. :lol:

It was common for three people to sit in the front (more if they were kids). We used to be so unsafe. :lol:

I used to sit in middle seat in front when I was little boy, so it was long time.

And don't forget putting four in the back seat. Depending on the size of the individual people sometimes that took alternating one sitting on the front edge of the seat and then the next one all the way back by the backrest etc.

And . . . . . . seat belts didn't exist at all let alone shoulder belts rather than just lap belts.

I do find the ones with a center console more comfortable to drive do to not having to watch out for poking the person in the center with your elbow. It does cut down on the number of passengers that can get in by one though.

There is that about comfort, but dang, it's sexy to cuddle up next to your man.

I just thought of another configuration for the front seat that came out in between the bench seat as standard and the ones with a console in the middle. That was the split bench where the center and passenger side moved back and forth together independent of the drivers seat.

Ahh cars when growing up.. the car we had had the famous "hump".. all 3 of us sat in the back but the kid in the middle always had to put their feet up on the hump part (I can't remember why there was such a hump there). Only short people could sit in the middle lol.

Bench seats were perfect, for when going to a drive-in movie with a date. Anyone remember drive-ins? I have one that is still open about a 30min drive from me. The 2 closest to me closed years ago. One is now a lumber yard, the other is a race track (dirt).

Ahh cars when growing up.. the car we had had the famous "hump".. all 3 of us sat in the back but the kid in the middle always had to put their feet up on the hump part (I can't remember why there was such a hump there). Only short people could sit in the middle lol.

You just described one of the older rear wheel drive cars. The "hump" covered the drive train from the engine (or motor which ever you want to call it) in the front to the drive wheels in the back.

A taller person could sit there if they were willing to have their knees by their chin or put their feet on either side of the "hump".

Back