A Thread About Absolutely Nothing! Part III

Interesting. I have heard of WordPerfect but never used it. I would like to try it sometimes.

I seriously am tired of Adobe Illustrator's quirks. If I can't fix it in Illustrator, I move the file to Photoshop to fix it and it was fast. Illustrator and printers don't get along since late 90s. I used Adobe Illustrator 5 version for the first time and I wanted to yank Mac monitor and toss it out the window already. The guy next to me said f word a lot at the monitor. He wasn't happy with it, either. I am not interested in upgrading Adobe Illustrator now. There are many websites and blogs out there have reported Adobe Illustrator sucks. They thought it was going to get better but instead it is getting worse. I wish Adobe didn't buy Macromedia. I've played with CorelDraw on tryout and it is awesome and fast. I like it.

Hmm interesting Jane. My father started with WordStar back in the mid 80s (home use and I was just starting college). We skipped over WordPerfect though eventually I think I used that program at my 1st job. I will have to ask if he remembers what word processing program he used when he moved to a DOS based computer- maybe it was WordStar...:dunno: Anyway... when he moved to Windows based computers I think Word came along with it (Windows 95). He adapted pretty well to it though over the years he had a love-hate relationship to Windows and anything related it it. Of course... now he's in a love-hate thing with his mac and them pushing out a new OS every year lol.

Me...I had no trouble transitioning between programs and took to MS Word pretty quick after having used WordStar (and likely WordPerfect).

So... I'm younger than you and have used WordStar along with the IBM "Portables" with the 5 1/4 disks and tiny amber screen that Dad had and called Zorba.

One of the Model IVs that was around the office was a portable (about the same size and weight as a portable sewing machine. They did at one point have a Model III upgraded to a IV. What I liked about the "portable" was that the keyboard was on a cord rather than everything in one case. Thus the angle of the screen to the keyboard could change.

The closest thing I came to programing was putting in new rates and new deductions in the RS payroll program. I stayed with that for payroll because of that even after they switched me to IBM and Peachtree for the rest of the books. None of us had experience with that and the box with the software was put on my desk with the comment put the books on the computer. With the combination of the better manuals from that day and some calls to support it didn't turn into a big deal. The thing about their payroll modual was that the user could not make any changes! Every time even Social Security rates changed you had to order from Peachtree - for a fee - and wait for it to arrive! With the old RS program I was able to make those changes myself and add Medicare and union dues deductions as they came up. That is for changes or a new union that we had not delt with before (mainly because of a construction job in a new area).

Here is a site with information about several of the Radio Shack computers including the ones I have written about above.
http://www.classiccmp.org/dunfield/trs80/index.htm

You use CorelDraw at work? I heard some people are forced to use Adobe Illustrator instead of CorelDraw at work.

yes we used to have coreldraw at work and now the corp decided to eliminate it. Sad because i think it is easier and save my and customer's time. Now we use illustrator and photoshop which make me more work to do. Not bad at all. I am looking for CorelDraw for my Mac (at home)

Illustrator and photoshop are very good programs. Just gotta learn to use them. I have used both for many many years.

I don't think CorelDraw is made anymore. I did not like that program lol.

You use CorelDraw at work? I heard some people are forced to use Adobe Illustrator instead of CorelDraw at work.

Not surprised, graphic design used to be my original major in 2006 and I was told that most companies require Illustrator and Photoshop combined.

I'm good with Photoshop but sucks with Illustrator.

That's not visually impaired friendly to use, so I switch to IT and Communication Studies.

That's sucks about I have Usher Syndrome, but I won't accept at all (in my feeling).

I'm going to bed so good night to all.

15326442_1571645992862371_6504569900012756695_n.jpg

*hands Calvin 2 shots of appeljenever*
To stay in the Christmas spirit ;)

Thanks.. :)

Many years ago, I was at a friend's wedding and I drank more than a few jello shots. :)

I'm often the designated driver as well, though I do enjoy a bit of alcohol every now and then :)

Bleh. It is Monday and I have to go to work. I slept in so I'll be late but I don't get in trouble for that. I was too busy dreaming about elevators.

Back