A Thread About Absolutely Nothing! Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
:wave:Jiro, are you having a good day?

just woke up. the weather's eehhhhh.... foggy and rainy.... and I have to leave in 2 hours to meet up with friends

I am still in my pj's its 12:46pm here :giggle: Have fun with friends.

Now Christmas has come and gone once again. I'm broke! LOL. Sitting at home enjoying doing absolutely nothing!

One of my hearing aid batteries is dead. I'm too lazy to change it at the moment. :lol:

We went fishing today against my better judgement. Did not catch a thing, but at least I got to see a bunch of places I hadn't seen for 14 years. It's amazing the changes that were made after a series of hurricanes wiped them out and they had to start all over again. And Lake Okeechobee went from over-flowing, to very dry and drought status, to flooding to just very full. The edge where we were showed a water level of 14 feet deep just 50 yards from the edge. A lot of the houses we saw still have water lines from the flooding.

We went fishing today against my better judgement. Did not catch a thing, but at least I got to see a bunch of places I hadn't seen for 14 years. It's amazing the changes that were made after a series of hurricanes wiped them out and they had to start all over again. And Lake Okeechobee went from over-flowing, to very dry and drought status, to flooding to just very full. The edge where we were showed a water level of 14 feet deep just 50 yards from the edge. A lot of the houses we saw still have water lines from the flooding.

Wow.. So you went to Lake Okeechobee.. I miss it there.. have not been there since a few summers ago.. I also live in the area of where the Hurricanes devastated the areas.. Mostly rebuilt and doing much better.. but you are right... some evidences of the storm still remains in our area as well.

Night time fishing for Specks are pretty good at this time of the year.

Wow.. So you went to Lake Okeechobee.. I miss it there.. have not been there since a few summers ago.. I also live in the area of where the Hurricanes devastated the areas.. Mostly rebuilt and doing much better.. but you are right... some evidences of the storm still remains in our area as well.

Night time fishing for Specks are pretty good at this time of the year.

We went to Lake O and Indian Prairie Canal. That was hubby's favorite fishing spot. Other than that, he loves this area he calls "20 mile bend" coming out of Belle Glade towards WPB. He used to fish around the locks there until they had to block it off due to massive gator attacks.

MIL's family is all in Ft. Pierce and Okeechobee, so we will be going there a lot these days. I know we have family reunion coming up in May (I think). One of her uncle's will be there and he is now 105. She will have 4 other uncles there ranging in ages 90-99. Her father was one of 17 children. 16 boys and 1 girl.

I think I still have batteries for my old HA's. I'm not sure if their any good after 3 years. They never had the tab pulled off the back. They were from Beltone and are a B-26.

My :birthday: is almost over on the west coast time:aw:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back