A question for Levonian...

Steel X

Reaction score
This may be a stupid question...

Now, that you believe there is evloution, and you know we seen alot of people with red (or perferably orange?) hair, would it really be possible that they got red hair from orangutans? since they have redish/orange hair...apes are the closest relations to humans. While I know that chimpanzees are about 98% related to humans, but not sure HOW related we are to orangutans or even gorillas, the strongest and largest apes there...so in my opinon, I think it's possible that we are also related to orangutans, since they might've mated with chimpanzees too before evloution started.

lol I know thats a weird question but hey...anything can be possible, right?

ukorangs_r2_c2.jpg

In a word, no. It’s not possible that the genome for red hair comes from orangutans. Mayflower would have a cow if you even suggested that to her. :lol:

Most people have a common misconception that we descended from apes. This is not true. Humans and apes both descended from an earlier ancestor which closely resembled modern-day lemurs. As a matter of fact, we are distantly related to lemurs. I’ll see if I can dig up a diagram which shows how and when the division occurred.

In a word, no. It’s not possible that the genome for red hair comes from orangutans. Mayflower would have a cow if you even suggested that to her. :lol:

Most people have a common misconception that we descended from apes. This is not true. Humans and apes both descended from an earlier ancestor which closely resembled modern-day lemurs. As a matter of fact, we are distantly related to lemurs. I’ll see if I can dig up a diagram which shows how and when the division occurred.

Still... Lemurs is under Primates "apes" category.....

BTW, you wanna see a really cool pic of orangutans? The things on the sides of their faces are their cheek and throat pouches, which occur only in the male of the species. They are analogous to the cheek pouches found in hamsters. In my opinion, orangutans are the most beautiful animal on this planet.

an9999-001.jpg

Back