A question about headphones.

StickMichael

Reaction score
I apologize if this topic has been brought up; I am pressed for time and simply don't have the time to search through the topics right now.

I have loss of hearing in my right eye completely and part of my left ear; granted, I can still hear.

When I first listened to my iPod on my headphones, I knew part of the song was missing. I took off my headphones and switched it around; and sure enough, the other half of the instruments and sound were there without the ones I had just heard.

It's quite frustrating, now that I realize.

Are there any headphones or earphones out there which either put all the sound into one ear or distribute it evenly between both ears?

Thanks.

you'd need to search for something like a headphone amp, that is switchable from ono to stereo, try visiting some high-end audio shop and ask for some deomonstration.
Be warned though those kinds of amps are bloody expensive...really good ones uses Valves (tubes, to you americans) you could also look at some really quality earphones made by Etymotic Research., such as ER-6, or there might be something more preferable to you.
The Valve headphone amps I'm talking about is EAR, or Headroom, or Musical fidelity X-cans, anitque sound labs, theres a couple other of DIY (but ont go to that if you're not aelectronic-soldering type geek.

i have a Sennhieser HD590 old now but very good...tad expensive but i nver use it now since i have a really bad tinnitus.

the hd590 i have is one cable so i could use the amps' left/right channel to push all sound signals to one to one side as you wanted. So go vist some shop and ask.

good luick.

Our 10 Best Headphones - HeadRoom - Right Between Your Ears

http://www.avforums.com/forums/archive/index.php/f-128.html

Headphone Amplifiers Reviews

i meant a switch to choose between mono and stereo, sorry for the confusing ono lol

Hi;

There is a small plug in adapter for the 1 or two ring cord, mono to stereo; Or, stero to mono on both sides. It's about $5 at Radio Shack.

Russ

The new update for the iPhone 3GS allows all sound to be outputted as mono; this is an accommodation for people with hearing loss. Pretty cool!

Unfortunately, I don't see it in the update for the 8 GB iPod Touch (it might be available in the newer ones).

Back