A Motorcycle Thread About Absolutely Nothing!

My parents had a can of WD-40 and the can eventually rusted.. Wish they had a can of WD-40 for the can of WD-40.. :giggle:

I use PB blaster or liquid wrench.

route_163.jpg

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrWn1WElJgM[/ame]

Ok ... I was introduced to someone who was a friend of a friend of a friend. The man is a senior and helped design aircraft. He has been building and designing his own camper motorcycle trailers since the 60's ...

Let it sit where its safe till you can trailer it to get it back or take it to a shop near where its stored. That would be better than it breaking down halfway out and leaving it on the side of the road to be stolen or hit by another vehicle and you'd be without a bike.

Or have that instructor go with out to where the bike is now one.

yes - ask your instructor if he knows anybody with a trailer.

...I really do fear breaking down and being unable to have my bike picked up since I don't know anyone that has a trailer or a truck to haul my bike home or to the shop here and don't have service on my phone, I just use it on wifi connections. If I can get the bike here, I can have my instructor take a look at it since he too is a biker, but being he's my auto mechanics instructor, he would be the best person I know to look over it for me.
Your bike insurance doesn't include towing? Each one of TCS's bike policies covered towing, and he made good use of them.

This is what I normally do.

Soon, will do that once I feel better and my neck leaves me alone then will do major maintenance on my bike and get it road ready. Its been sitting for almost 4 years. I sure miss riding! I was drooling when my friend rides his own motorcycle.

or just rent a uhaul trailer - costs $28

or just rent a uhaul trailer - costs $28

yup. that's what I will be doing when I return back from Portugal. my friend needs my help to tow a disabled bike out of the property.

I just bought one of those Harbor Freight folding 4 x 8 trailers. I assembled it last night and now I need to get the plywood, frame etc. to use it as a utility trailer.

If my bike can pull it ... hmmm.. I can use it to put a sleeper/camper on it.

trailer

A 4X8 trailer is too big to pull with a bike, It will jackknife if you apply too much front brake ,Or emergency stop.. Harbour freight has a smaller trailer that would be better to pull with a bike.
Don't ask me how I know....
Mac

A 4X8 trailer is too big to pull with a bike, It will jackknife if you apply too much front brake ,Or emergency stop.. Harbour freight has a smaller trailer that would be better to pull with a bike.
Mac

drive slow. drive carefully. that's all.

I was thinking, it is quite possible with touring bike like I have. I would put in electric brake on trailer wheel and have it activate when I apply the brake, problem solved.

Mac

He is right, Jiro... It is about weight and mass, most trailer comes from Harbor freight don't have trailer brakes factory installed (That is a solution if red neck biker wants to pull larger trailer). Technically when you need to stop fast, you would lock your front brake, and your bike back brake won't do anything but going sideway because trailer would continue push your back and gone sideway, aka jackknife. It is all about law of physics. The smallest one (Trailer) that Harbor freight, can because it is lighter and smaller with motorcycles.

drive slow. drive carefully. that's all.

He is right, Jiro... It is about weight and mass, most trailer comes from Harbor freight don't have trailer brakes factory installed (That is a solution if red neck biker wants to pull larger trailer). Technically when you need to stop fast, you would lock your front brake, and your bike back brake won't do anything but going sideway because trailer would continue push your back and gone sideway, aka jackknife. It is all about physics. The smallest one (Trailer) that Harbor freight, can because it is lighter and smaller with motorcycles.

no need to explain it to me. lol wtf..... what makes you think I don't know what a jackknife is and that I need a physics 101 on weight and mass? :laugh2:

again... drive slow... drive carefully... and you won't jackknife. and that's physics 102 for you. :laugh2:

It is impossible to drive carefully all the way, but defensive driving yes. If a car abruptly cut you off, how can drive carefully would do you favor when you have a huge trailer with weight more than 5 times of your bike weight?

no need to explain it to me. lol wtf..... what makes you think I don't know what a jackknife is? :laugh2:

again... drive slow... drive carefully... and you won't jackknife.

It is impossible to drive carefully all the way, but defensive driving yes. If a car abruptly cut you off, how can drive carefully would do you favor when you have a huge trailer with weight more than 5 times of your bike weight?

*shrug* figure it out :laugh2:

Back