A Motorcycle Thread About Absolutely Nothing!

This vid gives meaning to the term live to ride

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS43s3slbGY]Isle of Man TT Monatge - Balls of Steel - YouTube[/ame]

love watching Isle of Man TT but maybe I'm getting too old cuz my meaning for "live to ride" is this -

MotoQuest Patagonia - End of the Earth - YouTube

Age is no excuse Jiro, there is a place near me that all the local rider go to and stop at a cafe on the way through, one day i was talking to some of the riders there and they were telling me about another guy who is a regular he is 74yo rides a RSV4 and his tyres dont have any chicken strips.

Age is no excuse Jiro, there is a place near me that all the local rider go to and stop at a cafe on the way through, one day i was talking to some of the riders there and they were telling me about another guy who is a regular he is 74yo rides a RSV4 and his tyres dont have any chicken strips.

I'm not a fan of crotch rocket.

Tho Russian language but I can tell it's in St. Louis, MO huh!! Seriously I saw an Arch out there... Sheesh driver ran through red light and it's all driver's fault. I bet Motorcyclist is using helmetcam as an evidence because He got green light while passing through intersection. Driver would get sucked.

I am not sure if Kansas State have strict law protecting Motorcyclist. If Driver ever hit a Motorcyclist and killed them, Driver will lose their driver's license for good regardless... Or if Motorcyclist is alive but injured, Driver would have their license suspended for 1 year or longer. 6 or 7 years ago was a final straw for Kansas Legislator when woman driver pushed off the Motorcyclist on I-70 (Witness saw her seeing motorcyclist but she changed lane regardless he's next to her.) Motorcyclist lost control and crashed his bike, the Semi-Tractor trailer tried to lock brakes but it was too quick and late because he was right behind Motorcyclist. The Motorcyclist was ran over by Semi-Tractor Trailer and stuck on last axle thus bloodied the highway behind it. Then Legislator decided to push new law quickly few days after accident because they are sick and tired of people not paying attention to motorcyclist. Thus new law forces everyone in Kansas to pay attention or lose driver's license. This is why I noticed EVERYONE respected Motorcyclist when entering highway, change lane ect. Which is why I felt much safer but I keep my eye peel and look ahead and Don't Trust Any Drivers!!!

Catty

Tho Russian language but I can tell it's in St. Louis, MO huh!! Seriously I saw an Arch out there... Sheesh driver ran through red light and it's all driver's fault. I bet Motorcyclist is using helmetcam as an evidence because He got green light while passing through intersection. Driver would get sucked.

I am not sure if Kansas State have strict law protecting Motorcyclist. If Driver ever hit a Motorcyclist and killed them, Driver will lose their driver's license for good regardless... Or if Motorcyclist is alive but injured, Driver would have their license suspended for 1 year or longer. 6 or 7 years ago was a final straw for Kansas Legislator when woman driver pushed off the Motorcyclist on I-70 (Witness saw her seeing motorcyclist but she changed lane regardless he's next to her.) Motorcyclist lost control and crashed his bike, the Semi-Tractor trailer tried to lock brakes but it was too quick and late because he was right behind Motorcyclist. The Motorcyclist was ran over by Semi-Tractor Trailer and stuck on last axle thus bloodied the highway behind it. Then Legislator decided to push new law quickly few days after accident because they are sick and tired of people not paying attention to motorcyclist. Thus new law forces everyone in Kansas to pay attention or lose driver's license. This is why I noticed EVERYONE respected Motorcyclist when entering highway, change lane ect. Which is why I felt much safer but I keep my eye peel and look ahead and Don't Trust Any Drivers!!!

Catty

Use Google Chrome! It's got auto translated any languages to English.

I just rode my motorcycle today. It's 50 degree sunny out in Kansas (It's unusual weather in December). I just rode 6 miles round trip. I may plan to ride to work tomorrow cuz it's gonna be warmer.

I just got Motorcycle Chaps on Christmas. It's fits me nicely and comfortable. I can feel a bit weight of leathers hanging down but belt attached to it held up. It's a Bilt brand from Cyclegear. Now that I can ride motorcycle in weather as cold as 35 degree as long as there's no ice "strips" on road that froze overnight :squint: (usually it melts during the day but some shadow prevent melting so I have to watch for it. The only thing that I would worry is my throat would get :cold: I probably would buy neck warmer from Cyclegear for $20. I still see Motorcyclist riding motorcycles in my area often regardless if it's temperature around 40's.

Catty

How about riding motorcycle on Alaskan highway at -32 degree :eek2:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGFKLcpN31k&feature=related[/ame]

I betcha it's so scary that Semis are passing by and behind you. Suppose you dropped your motorcycle, wish you a real good luck with Semi + ice on road.

Catty

dang I gotta buy Sta-bil. My riding season was officially over 2 days ago.

My riding starts January 1 and ends December 31. :P :P :P

No Sta-bil for me.

I know what you are experiencing. I lived on NY harbor for 2 years. Burrrr!
All bikers need to live in the southern states so they don't go stir-crazy. :dizzy:

I betcha it's so scary that Semis are passing by and behind you. Suppose you dropped your motorcycle, wish you a real good luck with Semi + ice on road.

Catty

I put on extra clothing just so I could watch that!

Catty

Riding in the snow.....HELL NO

Everything is salvageable .... but needs some very thorough cleaning:

gl1100x3.jpg

Everything is salvageable .... but needs some very thorough cleaning:

gl1100x3.jpg

Dip it in hot oil :lol: That'll make parts look very clean again. I've seen machine shop that dips bare out engine and parts into hot oil. Out came looking nice and clean.

Catty

I rode motorcycle on Dec 29, 30, and 31.. It was nice out. I wore chap and coat while riding. It was 44 degree out in the morning and later in afternoon, weather warmed up to 55 to 60 degree, not needing chaps.

On Dec 31st, it was 65 degree out and was the last day of warm day before New Year. I saw many motorcyclist rode motorcycles on that day, thus grabbing chance on unusual weather day

Catty

Dip it in hot oil :lol: That'll make parts look very clean again. I've seen machine shop that dips bare out engine and parts into hot oil. Out came looking nice and clean.

Catty

That sounds like a good idea, because I took apart my other GL1100 to find this:

gl1100x4.jpg

I knew the bike had been dropped, but did not realize how much damage there was. That is a broken valve sitting in the cylinder which tore a hole right through the top of the piston.

I knew the crankcase had been cracked slightly from the drop - discovered it a day after the purchase as oil was all over my garage floor. I have a parts bike, sooooo ... I am going to tear down this motor and rebuild a good engine out of the two.

gl1100x5.jpg

As I was dismantling it, I noticed the right side crankcase also had cracked motor mounts .... luckily for me the parts bike crankcases are dent and crack free.

That sounds like a good idea, because I took apart my other GL1100 to find this:

gl1100x4.jpg

I knew the bike had been dropped, but did not realize how much damage there was. That is a broken valve sitting in the cylinder which tore a hole right through the top of the piston.

I knew the crankcase had been cracked slightly from the drop - discovered it a day after the purchase as oil was all over my garage floor. I have a parts bike, sooooo ... I am going to tear down this motor and rebuild a good engine out of the two.

gl1100x5.jpg

As I was dismantling it, I noticed the right side crankcase also had cracked motor mounts .... luckily for me the parts bike crankcases are dent and crack free.

Shoot, I know you wish you had two good engine instead of one. But the advantage is that you just trasnfer good parts to good engine anyway.

Yes, I can see that valve was damaged. Sound like Biker was careless on motorcycle which he dropped it.

Catty

Back