A Motorcycle Thread About Absolutely Nothing!

Mew, how about going to a Honda Shadow custom forums and ask the folks there? or search using their search (like we have here in AD) ??
i dunno what else

Yeah, I jumped on one of those but haven't had much feed back except from those elitist jack a**es that think anyone that doesn't know everything about whatever is an idiot. :mad: Can't stand people like that....

now...slightly off topic...what does anyone know or think of the 'half a harley" 500cc bikes? its single bangers quite good lookn' but are they slow as? shitty handling? or are Buells a much better bike?

Oh i love this new 659 Duke....
and added bonus i can ride this 80HP beast on the learners (which im not really a learners but as far as licensing goes due such a long time since last i rode..., but I'm an ex-motocrosser...)

My only thing against Harley's are that they are air cooled. It was between my Shadow and the Sportster ( GOD I love the sportsters! ) but when I found out that Harley's are all air cooled ( they're adding liquid cools in 2014 but only to the larger bikes ) it lost my vote. I hate air cooled bikes! You can't have them here or you're going to be turning off your bike every few minutes on the interstate in rush hour. :doh:

Here in Florida, they have quite a few around the Courtney Campbell Causeway. ( They'll illegal though ) of course. I've ridden my bike out there a few times just to scope the scene... I ride a cruiser style bike, so I'm not really drag racing it out as is. :laugh2: Of course, I'm in Florida and have no idea where you are. It's not wet here at all... It's cold to us Floridians... but 60 isn't cold to most.

I'll race you, but I ride a sport bike, although not a super sport, I'd still be willing to race. I have no idea what your bike tops off at, but mine being only a 500cc bike tops off around 125-135 MPH or so. :laugh2:

60 is cold? Last week (Since I don't have heat) it was 10-15 degrees in my room when I woke up. I was late to work as I obviously didn't want to get out of my cold bed and into my near arctic room.

I'll race you, but I ride a sport bike, although not a super sport, I'd still be willing to race. I have no idea what your bike tops off at, but mine being only a 500cc bike tops off around 125-135 MPH or so. :laugh2:

60 is cold? Last week (Since I don't have heat) it was 10-15 degrees in my room when I woke up. I was late to work as I obviously didn't want to get out of my cold bed and into my near arctic room.

:laugh2: Oh no, I don't race on my cruiser, it's for cruising! I've only taken the bike up to 100 before, and it was a brief period of time when I was test driving it to make sure it was okay. Other than that, I stick around 70 - 80 on the interstate and local speed limits for the most part. I'm not really a big speeder. I just go looking at the bikes and stuff over there, no intention to race on my Shadow. :P

I'm still riding for sure, I still think 60 is freezing. :cold:

:laugh2: Oh no, I don't race on my cruiser, it's for cruising! I've only taken the bike up to 100 before, and it was a brief period of time when I was test driving it to make sure it was okay. Other than that, I stick around 70 - 80 on the interstate and local speed limits for the most part. I'm not really a big speeder. I just go looking at the bikes and stuff over there, no intention to race on my Shadow. :P

I'm still riding for sure, I still think 60 is freezing. :cold:
Well you're no fun! :P

I only speed every so often, so I'm with you on that.

I stopped riding on the interstate when it got to 45 degrees as my interstate commute is 80 miles round trip and that gets super cold, especially since my Ninja lacks anything to deflect the air.

I'm moving hopefully very soon, but I'll have to wait until I can send for my motorcycle. :(

Also, regarding the message in your signature, No way, me too! Such a small world! :giggle:

Well you're no fun! :P

I only speed every so often, so I'm with you on that.

I stopped riding on the interstate when it got to 45 degrees as my interstate commute is 80 miles round trip and that gets super cold, especially since my Ninja lacks anything to deflect the air.

I'm moving hopefully very soon, but I'll have to wait until I can send for my motorcycle. :(

Also, regarding the message in your signature, No way, me too! Such a small world! :giggle:

I've seen far too many accidents here involving bikes that are speeding and ripped to shreds, I think I'll keep avoiding it. :P

What state are you moving to? :D

I would die without my motorcycle, I feel incomplete when it is away from me. :(

People always assume I'm a dude. :( Just a preventative measure. :P

I've seen far too many accidents here involving bikes that are speeding and ripped to shreds, I think I'll keep avoiding it. :P

What state are you moving to? :D

I would die without my motorcycle, I feel incomplete when it is away from me. :(

People always assume I'm a dude. :( Just a preventative measure. :P

Yeah, that's a good plan to avoid speeding, but sometimes you just feel like giving the throttle a litte extra twist.

I'm moving to Nevada.

Yeah, it sucks, but it's been too cold to ride it lately anyway, so I'm sure I'll manage the time until I can send for it.

Yeah, on other forums I get that a lot too, I usually just reverse the pronouns when I reply to them, not sure if they get it or not, but if they do it, I do the same to them. :D

Yeah, that's a good plan to avoid speeding, but sometimes you just feel like giving the throttle a litte extra twist.

I'm moving to Nevada.

Yeah, it sucks, but it's been too cold to ride it lately anyway, so I'm sure I'll manage the time until I can send for it.

Yeah, on other forums I get that a lot too, I usually just reverse the pronouns when I reply to them, not sure if they get it or not, but if they do it, I do the same to them. :D

They usually don't get it. :doh:

Nevada eh? What's over there? Bike riding weather for sure! :D

They usually don't get it. :doh:

Nevada eh? What's over there? Bike riding weather for sure! :D

Yeah, just like when I can't understand someone and move my hair off my ear to expose my hearing aid, they see it, but still don't get it. People aren't very observant.

A fresh start in life is potentially out there and year round riding weather.. :)

Last edited:
Yeah, just like when I can understand someone and move my hair off my ear to expose my hearing aid, they see it, but still don't get it. People aren't very observant.

A fresh start in life is potentially out there and year round riding weather.. :)

nice! best of luck! :thumb:

Yeah, just like when I can understand someone and move my hair off my ear to expose my hearing aid, they see it, but still don't get it. People aren't very observant.

Oh for sure, that's one thing I love about Florida, I can ride year round for the most part! :D Sometimes it's a wee bit too hot to ride... and let's not forget about rainy days... :( Other than that, mostly riding weather! :D

Definitely good luck on the move, I hope everything goes much better out there than it is for you in your current place. :D

good for you, it keeps you alive and alert...damn i NEED MINE...THEN with time id be able to hop over to US and RIDE with you all

AD MOTORCYCLE GANG!!! :laugh2: Woop woop!

Would our gang motto be Silent but deadly? :giggle: and are sport bikes allowed? If not I'll start my own gang, there will be blackjack and hookers, you know what? Forget the gang.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5tZMDBXTRQ]blackjack and hookers - YouTube[/ame]

Just had to throw this in. I love SC!

Attachments

• green_tshirt.jpg
    green_tshirt.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 9
Hey any motorcycle can join. :P Deaf motorcyclists unite! :D :laugh2: I think you would be the only sport biker though, as long as you're okay cruising it out with us cruisers. :P

Back