A letter to my hearing dog (video) - wanted to share.

Lily7

Reaction score
I hope no one minds, I wanted to share a video tribute I made to my hearing dog after I had to put her to sleep a couple of years ago. Her name was Daisy, and she was a wonderful dog who did SO much for me, and loved her job. I still miss her very much and have yet to get a successor (the dogs I have right now are "just pets".)

I like to share this video because it is my hope that those who watch it will better understand the service dog world. Maybe they will better understand what they are getting into when they decide to get one. Or if you already have one, maybe it will touch your heart. :)

There is music accompanying the video for the folks who can hear it, 3 different songs. They are, in order: "You Are So Beautiful" by Joe Cocker, "I Will Think of You" by Laura Browne Sorenson, and "Smile" by Barbara Streisland.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoiudKZ5ZB4]A Letter To My Service Dog - YouTube[/ame]

Beautiful tirbute. I'm glad you and Daisy got to have each other in your lives.

I hope no one minds, I wanted to share a video tribute I made to my hearing dog after I had to put her to sleep a couple of years ago. Her name was Daisy, and she was a wonderful dog who did SO much for me, and loved her job. I still miss her very much and have yet to get a successor (the dogs I have right now are "just pets".)

I like to share this video because it is my hope that those who watch it will better understand the service dog world. Maybe they will better understand what they are getting into when they decide to get one. Or if you already have one, maybe it will touch your heart. :)

There is music accompanying the video for the folks who can hear it, 3 different songs. They are, in order: "You Are So Beautiful" by Joe Cocker, "I Will Think of You" by Laura Browne Sorenson, and "Smile" by Barbara Streisland.

A Letter To My Service Dog - YouTube

Unfortunately I can give you one ' like' I would give you thousands if I could!!

I am sorry for the lost of your beloved friend. I had to put my hearing dog to sleep in January and it was the worst day of my life! I told my dog Finlay
that I was going to take his pain away from him ( he had kidney cancer)
and carry it for him , that it would become my burden so he could be free of pain. I :cry: watching this. It reminded me of my hearing dog.
Thank you for sharing this very beautiful letter to a very beautiful dog .

OMG! Start crying 30 second in and now bawling the ugly cry!

How beautiful! Simply beautiful! :ty: for sharing that!

Same here ! I was crying my eyes out and my eyes are still teary ! This should be on TV !

Yes!! So, so beautiful and respectful and touching tribute to Service Dog. Already share with friends. See how many second take for *them* to start bawling. :giggle:

Yes, very bittersweet. Nicely done, Lily7.

It touch my heart and very beautiful. Your dog is sooooooooooooo beautiful. I am glad he was in your life and making thing easier for you over the year. Sorry for the lost of your wonderful dog.

OMG! Start crying 30 second in and now bawling the ugly cry!

How beautiful! Simply beautiful! :ty: for sharing that!

grabs your hand with both of mine, pat pat on top of your hand, saying, you there you there its ok , cry it out, cry it out...pat, and passed a napkin to you to wipe...

i didnt cry, but my heart sank...you would be missing her alot i can feel that...great dog!, i have 2 here and oh boy...later on...a double wham im so not looking forward to it.....thanks for showing
she seemed very sweet, black labs always are and they are always intutative...

Somehow I missed this first time around. What a beautiful dog and beautifully done tribute.

PWAC is my top organization. I have been giving to them for more than 30 years now.

Back