A Happy Announcement...

DragonYoga

Reaction score
I just found out I'm preg! :D

I'm about 3 weeks along by my estimation, so the baby's due maybe Jan. 16th.

Any advice??? I plan to get a cosleeper bassinet and a vibrating alert for when the baby cries. I normally sleep so hard I sometimes don't see flashing lights.

Since I do have a genetic condition that MAY be the cause for my deafness, I will be asking the dr to test for that.

congrats... why u need to get a test? why not wait till after the baby is born? unless its a high risk conditon then its different story. hmm.. but hope you have a wonderful pregnancy... :)

congrats... why u need to get a test? why not wait till after the baby is born? unless its a high risk conditon then its different story. hmm.. but hope you have a wonderful pregnancy... :)

Thanks Freaky Cat! :D Cuz what I have can be a serious condition, and I want to know in advance and get ready. It's called Ectodermal Dysplasia, and I have the "mild" form. I was born deaf, legally blind in one eye, and no teeth - that means, I've been weariing dentures since I was 2 years old. Unlike others, I'm fortunate - I have hair and I can sweat (some), and I look normal. The worse types, you can see the facial bones are malformed - it looks "wrong". I do know the baby has a 50% chance because I have it. I just want to be sure and start getting help EARLY so I will have all the medical stuff ready for the baby. Dentures are EXPENSIVE! :D

CONGRATS!!!!! Is this your first baby?

Big congrats, DragonYoga! I have a nephew who was born on Jan 16th.

Thanks Freaky Cat! :D Cuz what I have can be a serious condition, and I want to know in advance and get ready. It's called Ectodermal Dysplasia, and I have the "mild" form. I was born deaf, legally blind in one eye, and no teeth - that means, I've been weariing dentures since I was 2 years old. Unlike others, I'm fortunate - I have hair and I can sweat (some), and I look normal. The worse types, you can see the facial bones are malformed - it looks "wrong". I do know the baby has a 50% chance because I have it. I just want to be sure and start getting help EARLY so I will have all the medical stuff ready for the baby. Dentures are EXPENSIVE! :D

Now that I understand your concerns, ok.

You are welcome! :D hope for a wonderful and pleasant pregnancy! :D

Marvellous news! ... hope you will have a trouble-free pregnancy and enjoy it. :)

Congratulations!! May you have a safe and pleasant pregnancy :)

Psst, I love chocolates too! :giggle:

If I was in your shoe, I won't announce it till 3 months along...But it is your choice though....

Congrats and good luck!

If I was in your shoe, I won't announce it till 3 months along...But it is your choice though....

Congrats and good luck!

yeah, normally I would too but my husband blabbed to EVERYONE at work and his family the second I told him via text the preg test was positive. So, why not? :)

And thanks to everyone! :D

Congrats! I hope it will be a smooth pregnancy. :)

Congrats!!!

Don't buy toooo much clothes ok baby will outgrow it quickly!! :D

congrats.gif

You'll love being a mother. ;)

Oooh, wow! CONGRATS!! I don't know about this thread. :D

AWESOME![color]

Congratulation! Hope all goes very well for you.:wiggle:

Thanks guys! I got the results of the blood test for the preg, and it says I'm actually about 4-5 weeks along! So I'm due Dec 31st. :D I am SO excited! I bought the "What to Expect When You're Expecting" book today. :) I've already alerted my teachers so that I can eat/drink in class when/if the morning sickness hits. :)

Thanks guys! I got the results of the blood test for the preg, and it says I'm actually about 4-5 weeks along! So I'm due Dec 31st. :D I am SO excited! I bought the "What to Expect When You're Expecting" book today. :) I've already alerted my teachers so that I can eat/drink in class when/if the morning sickness hits. :)

I hope you are one of the lucky ones who doesn't have morning sickness! BTW, that's a really good book for expectant moms...and dads, too! Doesn't hurt for them to understand everything that is going on with a pregnancy, too.

Back