A Brain Teaser!!

To the hotel. Not all guys paid 9$ really, 'cos 25$ divided by 3 would be at least 8$ each, and one person paid extra?

then there is the 2$ tip to the bellboy, so it all evens out to 9$ each.. hmmm... hmmm...

I have heard this before darn I forgot the answer
now I gotta to figure it out again ummm give me a moment to figure it out

The fact is those 3 guys didn't know that they had been overcharged by 5.00.

since the bellhop didnt inform them that 5.00 was being overcharged.

so the bellhop thought better off to save the trouble he took 2 dollars to himself secrectly so he could split 3 dollars in 3 ways.

That is one of those trick problems. There is no missing $1. The story was phrased in a way to trick you into thinking that there is something wrong.

10 x 3 = 30 (original thought cost)
30 - 5 = 25 (error in cost)
5 - 2 = 3 (bellhop keeps 2)
25 + 2 = 27 (total given from 3 men)
3 / 3 = 1 (amount given to each man)

WE HAVE A WINNER BUT I AM NOT SAYING WHO....THE REST OF YOU KEEP GUESSING. I'LL POST MY ANSWER WEDNESDAY AT NOON. ;)

Originally posted by LeviathanC
John....it's too way easy. Awww, come on

Hmm... are you behind with news too? ;) We're on the second riddle, not the first one about "John" thingie. ;)

Hey Peepz!!!!

Sorry for the delay! I promised you guys the winner and the answer at noon today but I got delayed. That's from being a Mommy and the Ruler Divine of My House!

The winner is.....VamPyrox!!!!!!!

Here's the solution to the brain teaser:

The math does add up--the question is just worded in a misleading way. Look at it like this: The $27 spent by the men includes the $2 kept by the bellhop. Thus, the men paid $27 (the bellboy kept $2, and $25 went to the desk clerk.)

Get it?

Originally posted by Ironheartz
Hey Peepz!!!!

Sorry for the delay! I promised you guys the winner and the answer at noon today but I got delayed. That's from being a Mommy and the Ruler Divine of My House!

The winner is.....VamPyrox!!!!!!!

Here's the solution to the brain teaser:

The math does add up--the question is just worded in a misleading way. Look at it like this: The $27 spent by the men includes the $2 kept by the bellhop. Thus, the men paid $27 (the bellboy kept $2, and $25 went to the desk clerk.)

Get it?
Thank you... thank you... thank you... *bowing* you all have been a wonderful audience!

OOOOOOOOO - here's a REALLY good one ..... rofl

Simplify –4y – [3x + (3y – 2x + {2y – 7} ) – 4x + 5]

Good Luck !!! :mrgreen:

Originally posted by *~Rayden Wins~*
OOOOOOOOO - here's a REALLY good one ..... rofl

Simplify –4y – [3x + (3y – 2x + {2y – 7} ) – 4x + 5]

Good Luck !!! :mrgreen:
3 (x - 3y) + 2

Originally posted by *~Rayden Wins~*
actually it's 3x – 9y + 2 but sure - we can go with ur answer - hehe
Yes! I did it! :cool:

Back