86 Year Old Bedridden Grandmother Gets Tasered

I've been tased. Its not that bad, but an 86 year old women who can't get out of bed. Thats just sad. They really do need to look over the requirements to become a cop

Still won't stop me from testing it on myself.

Mom said I remind her of her dad. :hmm:

We're talking about the same man who got bored of shovelling snow and used a hose to level the sidewalk in middle of winter.

:shock: I don't know what is wrong with this police officers. Don't they have any respect or compassion for people they were suppose to protect them from criminals. Can they see that this is a sick 86 years old grandmother who is bedridden? The police officers must be blind and sick when they do that.

One thing I am wondering why the grandson did asked for a medical technician to come and check with his grandmother, but 911 send the whole police force instead of emergency ambulance. Something is not going right with the 911 call and made an error which cause a lot of grief and torment from abuse by the police officers. :hmm: Like everyone said that it is better for the police officers fired from their job as they are not fit to protect people from dangers or need of emergency crisis. That is really terrible. I am sorry for the old woman and her grandson to have to go through like this. :ugh:

It can be fatal if you happen to have a heart condition or some medical condition.

Actually if you look at it this way, the taser isn't really all that different from a defibrillator. Both can restart or even stop a heart.

Yiz

LOL, never under estimate a granny. I think there's more to this than meets the eye. No one is dumb enough to do exactly how this article tells it. If they actually are, it's time for a career change.

Yup....

Lona Varner – In Bed on an Oxygen Machine
An 86-year-old grandmother and civilian veteran of WWII was tasered while laying in her bed and breathing with assistance of an oxygen machine in El Reno, TX. Lona Varner is seeking $75,000 in a lawsuit against the city of El Reno.

Police intially responded to a call from her grandson stating that when he asked her if she had taken her medication and when she was unable to respond, he summoned 911 to request an ambulance. Instead of an ambulance, however, almost a dozen police officers arrived and forced themselves in to the woman’s apartment.

Raw Story reports that when they walked in to her bedroom she asked them to leave and pulled a knife from under her pillow indicating she would defend herself if they came any closer or tried to disarm her. Ignoring the obviously bedridden state of the woman the commanding officer, Thomas Duran, decided to order officers to taser the elderly woman. Her grandson asked the officers not to tase his grandmother and, according to the lawsuit, they threatened to tase him as well.

According to the police report, Lona Varner said, “If you try and get the knife, I will stab you and kill you. I killed four Japs in World War II and I would not bat an eye killing you.” This statement, along with an alleged change of posture in her bed apparently caused the officers to use their tasers on her again causing her to pass out.

Still not sure the taser was necessary......but given her fragile state it might have been less harmful than rushing her. The oxygen makes it questionable too. But it certainly wasn't as bad as the first article made it out to be.

I have been both shot and Tased.....I prefer being shot.

this is just sad....sad. to me they are nothing but lives with rusty badges with soggy degrees.

reminds me of an incident which just had happened last NYE -- police who mistook his pistol for taser gun and shot a young UNARMED guy. you could be next .... probably die faster than this guy being deaf, 'aggressive' and 'crazy throwing your hands out in air'.

MyDocuments005.jpg

"My grandmother shot me once..............ONCE!"

I thought that a police officer who carries a taser is required to get zapped to see what it feels like? It sure doesn't seem like it.

If I am not mistaken, only one from the group receiving training has to volunteer to be zapped.

They do. My nephew is a cop and everyone from his class in the academy had to go through it to see what it felt like. No they dont shoot them with it just tape the electrodes on bare skin and pull the trigger. He said one guy squealed like a little girl. The same goes for pepper spray. All of them had to get a face full of it as part of the training before they can carry it.

As far as oxygen, it alone is NOT flammable although it will greatly intensify any fire, flame or explosion when applied. Three things needed to support combustion: heat, fuel and oxygen that it needs to breath to continue the oxidation process.

shot where?

Dallas. Wait that's not what you are asking.

In the buttocks......wait no that was Forrest Gump.

:lol:

I was shot in the calf, random thing........I was tasered as part of a class I took. Not alot of fun.

Dallas. Wait that's not what you are asking.

In the buttocks......wait no that was Forrest Gump.

:lol:

I was shot in the calf, random thing........I was tasered as part of a class I took. Not alot of fun.

On a show I saw them give a demonstration to a volunteer. He fell and broke his glasses. Great planning for contingensies, huh? :lol:

If someone called 911 for medical assistance, why would the police even show up? Wouldn't it be more appropriate to send an ambulance or the fire department? The only time I called 911 for a medical emergency, a fire truck showed up.

If someone called 911 for medical assistance, why would the police even show up? Wouldn't it be more appropriate to send an ambulance or the fire department? The only time I called 911 for a medical emergency, a fire truck showed up.

Oh, ouch. I have a feeling maybe some dispatcher of the 911 service must be hard of hearing or going deaf and thought this is what a caller want to get police or fire departments. That is weird and odd. :roll:

Oh, ouch. I have a feeling maybe some dispatcher of the 911 service must be hard of hearing or going deaf and thought this is what a caller want to get police or fire departments. That is weird and odd. :roll:

No this is common in Texas. In most Dept's here the EMTs travel on the Fire Apparatus.... Ambulance service is contracted to private companies.

Yes, in Texas the fire dept. is a first responder. My cousin is a fire fighter and he's delivered a baby, among other things.

I would have thought the relevant question for people on this forum would be: What happens when someone with a cochlear implant gets tasered?

I would imagine the outcome would be instant death.

Anybody got any info/feedback on this question?

Back