7 year old girl abducted from my sisters apartment complex!( Updated 12.5.11)

No way am I saying you are wrong, but be careful about jumping to the serial killer conclusion. The things you mentioned could also be true of an innocent person. And many of the characteristics you have listed regarding serial killers are also true of people guilty of single murders. Fact is, serial killers are an extremely rare phenomenon, and even so, they can't all be painted with the same brush. This guy's age would be against his being a serial killer. Serial killers get away with their crimes for years before being caught. This guy is only 20 years old.

I will keep that in mind.

No way am I saying you are wrong, but be careful about jumping to the serial killer conclusion. The things you mentioned could also be true of an innocent person. And many of the characteristics you have listed regarding serial killers are also true of people guilty of single murders. Fact is, serial killers are an extremely rare phenomenon, and even so, they can't all be painted with the same brush. This guy's age would be against his being a serial killer. Serial killers get away with their crimes for years before being caught. This guy is only 20 years old.

I agree with your statement but I never accused him of being a serial killer only that psychologically he resembled one. His age does count against him being a serial killer as most get their start around his age. Sociopaty does run rampant among innocent people that have never committed a crime in their lives but destroy those around them bringing them to financial ruin and leaving a trail of many broken hearts among other things.
The GBI is investigating other cold cases where he resided before he moved to georgia to link him with other murders ( what is being implied), similar cases as they do not think this is the first offense and I'd have to agree based on how brazen and bold and how comfortable he was commiting this crime. I am willing to hold my tounge until I hear more but the more I read the more I suspect that this kid if he's a newbie he very well would not have stopped if he had not been arrested. That was the implication. I hope I clarified that up!

Jaspeth, you don't have to answer this, but I am curious if you are attending KSU or Reinhardt. I know Reinhardt offers a criminal justice degree. I used to attend Reinhardt College (is it a university now?) Before I transferred to Gallaudet.

I just thought you might be interested in a tidbit of history of the Waleska area I learned while I was there. My math professor at the time, Andy Edwards, told our class about it. He said that when Union troops occupied Waleska during the Civil War, there had been two local young boys playing. A Union soldier shot and killed both boys. He explained this was common, as to prevent the boys from joining in the ranks of the Confederacy when they got older.

The entire Union platoon completely disappeared. There was no trace, even to this day, of what happened to them.

I will keep that in mind.

Skeptic...
that creeped me out.

Stein-I too hope it's the correct person. I'm not stating that I have my doubts but there is a little bug upstairs that's been saying other wise and I'm trying to ignore it and to focus on the facts but there is something that is not adding up.
that is starting to bother me.

I have to agree with Stein on this, the government does NOT always get the right guy. The fact is, these things are not easy to figure out and it's not like CSI because those tests, if real, are very expensive. Unfortunately, there are many cases where justice fails.

To be fair, everyone wants to get the right guy, but there is also a lot of public pressure on a case like this.

In time, who ever did this will be caught, IMO.

Jaspeth, you don't have to answer this, but I am curious if you are attending KSU or Reinhardt. I know Reinhardt offers a criminal justice degree. I used to attend Reinhardt College (is it a university now?) Before I transferred to Gallaudet.

I just thought you might be interested in a tidbit of history of the Waleska area I learned while I was there. My math professor at the time, Andy Edwards, told our class about it. He said that when Union troops occupied Waleska during the Civil War, there had been two local young boys playing. A Union soldier shot and killed both boys. He explained this was common, as to prevent the boys from joining in the ranks of the Confederacy when they got older.

The entire Union platoon completely disappeared. There was no trace, even to this day, of what happened to them.

I am no longer attending KSU but plan to go back for a degree in psychology as well as a masters in criminal justice, maybe law school when I can afford to go back.

I did not know that about the waleska area! I will have to look that up as I've never heard about the platoon disappearing.

The degree I'm looking for is Forensic Psychology but KSU doesn't offer that and instead it'd be the same if I got two degrees and combined them into one which is what I'll be doing. I'd like to get a PhD in psychology.

:) what are you going to school for?

I agree with your statement but I never accused him of being a serial killer only that psychologically he resembled one. His age does count against him being a serial killer as most get their start around his age. Sociopaty does run rampant among innocent people that have never committed a crime in their lives but destroy those around them bringing them to financial ruin and leaving a trail of many broken hearts among other things.
The GBI is investigating other cold cases where he resided before he moved to georgia to link him with other murders ( what is being implied), similar cases as they do not think this is the first offense and I'd have to agree based on how brazen and bold and how comfortable he was commiting this crime. I am willing to hold my tounge until I hear more but the more I read the more I suspect that this kid if he's a newbie he very well would not have stopped if he had not been arrested. That was the implication. I hope I clarified that up!

No doubt you have some very good points. Valid ones, as well. I was just cautioning against being to quick too label without a great deal more information. It's kind of the professor talking to the student syndrome.:giggle: You obviously have a great grasp of the clinical side, but there are still things that aren't taught in books that the more experienced in the field would see right away. No offense intended. Just a caution.

No doubt you have some very good points. Valid ones, as well. I was just cautioning against being to quick too label without a great deal more information. It's kind of the professor talking to the student syndrome.:giggle: You obviously have a great grasp of the clinical side, but there are still things that aren't taught in books that the more experienced in the field would see right away. No offense intended. Just a caution.

No offense taken. I get where you're coming from and what you're saying totally. :) I was very excited when all this went down. I thought to myself, finally something I can study that's right in my back yard that I can get my hands into. Yes, I'm too eager to get my hands in the cookie jar putting to use or trying to what I've learned. This made me laugh jillio...thanks. Yeah, I can picture that being said to me if I ever went out into the field to hold my horses. :giggle:

No offense to anyone intended. From an academic perspective this is very, very interesting. The reality of it isn't and is quite horrific. I do have a heart and am torn up over this just like everyone else is around this area but plan to make a career out of studying these people who do these crimes as well so I look at it from both sides. Hope that made sense. I'm not thrilled the child was killed that is not what I'm implying. It's the perp that has my interest not the actual crime. His brain is more or less what I'd like to disect.

I am no longer attending KSU but plan to go back for a degree in psychology as well as a masters in criminal justice, maybe law school when I can afford to go back.

I did not know that about the waleska area! I will have to look that up as I've never heard about the platoon disappearing.

The degree I'm looking for is Forensic Psychology but KSU doesn't offer that and instead it'd be the same if I got two degrees and combined them into one which is what I'll be doing. I'd like to get a PhD in psychology.

:) what are you going to school for?

Well, I for one wish you the best of luck. Cobb County can really use attorneys (and judges) that are familiar with the ADA. Cherokee County is by far, light years ahead in those regards.

I went to school to become a special ed teacher. It has been a long ordeal. If things go right, I will be graduating very soon with two degrees and a minor, then have to take the State courses to get my certificate.

My degrees will be in English Creative Writing (I want to be an English Teacher - I misspell on these forums on purpose ;) ) Communication Studies and German Communication.

I am currently a Georgia State Volunteer for the GATEDP Outreach program in coordination with the FCC.

I have to agree with Stein on this, the government does NOT always get the right guy. The fact is, these things are not easy to figure out and it's not like CSI because those tests, if real, are very expensive. Unfortunately, there are many cases where justice fails.

To be fair, everyone wants to get the right guy, but there is also a lot of public pressure on a case like this.

In time, who ever did this will be caught, IMO.

Exactly. This would not be the first time that a law enforcement agency has reacted to public pressure and made a mistake as a consequence.

Well, I for one wish you the best of luck. Cobb County can really use attorneys (and judges) that are familiar with the ADA. Cherokee County is by far, light years ahead in those regards.

I went to school to become a special ed teacher. It has been a long ordeal. If things go right, I will be graduating very soon with two degrees and a minor, then have to take the State courses to get my certificate.

My degrees will be in English Creative Writing (I want to be an English Teacher - I misspell on these forums on purpose ;) ) Communication Studies and German Communication.

I am currently a Georgia State Volunteer for the GATEDP Outreach program in coordination with the FCC.

:bowlol:

No offense taken. I get where you're coming from and what you're saying totally. :) I was very excited when all this went down. I thought to myself, finally something I can study that's right in my back yard that I can get my hands into. Yes, I'm too eager to get my hands in the cookie jar putting to use or trying to what I've learned. This made me laugh jillio...thanks. Yeah, I can picture that being said to me if I ever went out into the field to hold my horses. :giggle:

No offense to anyone intended. From an academic perspective this is very, very interesting. The reality of it isn't and is quite horrific. I do have a heart and am torn up over this just like everyone else is around this area but plan to make a career out of studying these people who do these crimes as well so I look at it from both sides. Hope that made sense. I'm not thrilled the child was killed that is not what I'm implying. It's the perp that has my interest not the actual crime. His brain is more or less what I'd like to disect.
I think I'm the same way as you. The main reason why I am intersted in true crime is because I want to know why people do things like this. It's something I find very hard to understand.

Why does that surprise you?

Is this another attempt from you to put words in my mouth? Why do you think I am surprised?

Of course they are going to isolate him in prison for his own protection. I just wish for once, someone like the killer is put in population so the victims of this monster do not have to go months and months to wait for justice.

I think I'm the same way as you. The main reason why I am intersted in true crime is because I want to know why people do things like this. It's something I find very hard to understand.

It is difficult to understand until you know more about their history. Then it becomes a bit more understandable. I think the reason we all have a difficult time wrapping our mind around something like this is because it is so contary to the way we ourselves think and behave. But, we think and behave based on our own life experience, genetics, and brain structure.

Is this another attempt from you to put words in my mouth? Why do you think I am surprised?

Of course they are going to isolate him in prison for his own protection. I just wish for once, someone like the killer is put in population so the victims of this monster do not have to go months and months to wait for justice.

Then why did you post, "Damn"? That certainly appeared to be a reaction of surprise at the quote you pasted.

Of, yeah, vigilante justice is the way to go.:roll: Didn't you just say something about being innocent until proven guilty? You can't pick and choose who is protected under that premise of our justice system. It applies to all, whether you like them or not.

Then why did you post, "Damn"? That certainly appeared to be a reaction of surprise at the quote you pasted.

Of, yeah, vigilante justice is the way to go.:roll: Didn't you just say something about being innocent until proven guilty? You can't pick and choose who is protected under that premise of our justice system. It applies to all, whether you like them or not.

This is only a guess, but prison populations would be more likely to find out if he is guilty or not.

But just to clarify, if Brunn is guilty, I wish for once, that Jorelys family does not have to suffer months, or even years, to await a slow tortuous journey for justice to be carried out. Much like the families of John Wayne Gacy victims had to.

Back