7 Sushi Rules You’re Probably Breaking

rockin'robin

Reaction score
Not a Sushi lover/eater....ewwww!...But feel some of you guys like/love it....

How much do you really know about eating sushi? Eater's Kat Odell breaks the meal down for you in this video showcasing seven key sushi rules to keep in mind. (What the heck are you supposed to do with that towel you get at the start of the meal, for example?)

Watch for tips on pouring drinks, rice and soy sauce etiquette, and what on earth to do with all that wasabi.

Watch the video....

https://www.yahoo.com/food/7-sushi-rules-youre-probably-breaking-how-much-do-111290135832.html

I love sushi.

That wet towel is for washing your hands before touching the sushi. How many people actually clean their hands before eating? After washing your hands, refold it back up and use it every time you finish putting sushi in your mouth after using your fingers.

Nothing to go to a very nice sushi restaurant and pay anywhere from $50 to $250 per person for sushi. Best Experience ever.

"Never pour your own drink" - lol yup. it's because of superstition that pouring your own drink before pouring it your friend's drink will bring you a bad luck.. a lonely life.

"Never mix wasabi with soy sauce" - huh really? never knew that... but I don't know why Americans pour in massive amount of soy sauce to fill a soy sauce bowl. It's unnecessary and a complete waste! You only need 2 teaspoons amount. If you want more, then pour in a little more!

Thank you. Just starting research on Sushi for my English comp class! You have great timing!

8th rule make sure sushi not got a pulse..i eat veggi sushi and place I go to the table got conveyer belt and food go round have grab it quick

Eh, so what? This is America,Not Japan we can do what we want in an sushi restaurant.

Back