48 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is right, I am not the president. But the presidency is not an omnipotent role. He has to follow the voices of his own people. There are far too many problems in our own country that we have to take care of. Clinton made our economy do well, make our debts go down and down, with surplus of money on hand, and no cutting of government programs for everyone. Well, Bush is in office, he cuts our taxes, but he makes us have the highest debt of all time. This war is another example of a way to add to this debt. Your grandchildren will be paying for this.

you seem dont follow the history and you should study more US history. if you look back an old time, economy always go down and up when the president come up in every years that doesnt mean CLinton is best president ever we'v had but George Bush does his great job to move on the unsolved problem at iraq.

The america economy go up in five days in the rows while usa attacked iraq. See? it doesnt mean anything. Dont worry. Economy will come back to normal after this stupid problem of saddam's position.

George has to follow the voices of his own intellingence, important people. NOT JUST PEOPLE. TO solve the problem, the problem will solve some day. Be patience. ;)

I know my US history. Yes, war is a way to make economy go up, but there are other ways to make economy go better. Once Saddam is out, we STILL have to rebuild Iraq for them. That means OUR money is going to go there to rebuild the lives of the Iraqis. We have far too many problems here in the US that we need to rebuild.

Originally posted by kuifje75
I know my US history. Yes, war is a way to make economy go up, but there are other ways to make economy go better. Once Saddam is out, we STILL have to rebuild Iraq for them. That means OUR money is going to go there to rebuild the lives of the Iraqis. We have far too many problems here in the US that we need to rebuild.

Werd.

Well, we are fighting a nation of the largest oil resources, I think it would make a good advantage for post-Iraqi gov'ment to use it as "Oil for food" and "Oil for Rebuild" money. But I might be wrong. Who knows? We will see what happens next.

Yeah, that is what we have been doing for years, trading food with Iraq for oil. Then the government decided not to cooperate with us for some reasons, so we imposed s.... (dunno how spell that word, but it means limit things trade with Iraq etc.. scantions?) So our govt felt we had no choice.

War is a very costy thing. We helped Europe to be rebuilt after WWII, thanks to the Marshall Plan. We poured so much money, and fortunately, the results in Europe are excellent. However, it should not mean that they are to be obliged to us to follow what we want to do. France and Germany still have their own opinions, and I compliment them for standing for their own opinions. I don't like the attitude that Americans have, feeling that the world owes something to the Americans because they did stuff, etc...

Like I said before, the Iraqis do not know what democracy is, or what freedom is. It would be very difficult to impose Western political system in an Eastern country, especially when their religion probably does not agree with most of the western laws. It will be a big challenge for the US to rebuild Iraq.

Originally posted by Stevey Boy
Well, we are fighting a nation of the largest oil resources, I think it would make a good advantage for post-Iraqi gov'ment to use it as "Oil for food" and "Oil for Rebuild" money. But I might be wrong. Who knows? We will see what happens next.

Yeah, just wait and see.

Steel said:
...and we did.
yeah and we did... one of my co-workers is going to war in january 2005 and plan to stay for 2 years till feb 2007.. seems like the war is gonna be forever.. eek..

Finally ppl are waking up to that fact!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back