3-D cake

S0rceress0

Reaction score
Had to make some alterations to make sure there was enough cake for all the kids invited. (more than I thought)
It looks a little more "cartoonish" than I really wanted, but in the end, the opinion that mattered was my son's. Talon loved it and his friends openly admired it.
"Wow, that's the most awesomest awesome cake ever!"
Here is a photo of the Stegasaurus cake. The boulders at the bottom are molding chocolate wrapped around cake balls. Kind of taste like chewy doughnut holes :D
004fj.jpg

004fj.jpg

Wirelessly posted

Very creative. What are the head and legs made of?

Wirelessly posted

Very creative. What are the head and legs made of?

They too are molding chocolate. I think I found my new favorite medium. Melted chocolate chips and corn syrup make up the molding chocolate. It's so easy to work with!

Very impressive! The baby steg is cute. :) What flavors are the cake and icing?

I'm glad that you mentioned that those are boulders. Of course, with typical young boys they would surely get a scatological joy out the alternative. :giggle:

Thanks guys :) The cake is yellow sponge, the icing is leaf green colored buttercream. The icing on the ground is leaf green royal icing :D
LOL about the scatalogical joy. That's what my ex-husband assumed they were! I actually had planned on making them slate blocks and piling them, but I figured they would look MORE like a pile of ...well, you get the picture hahahaha

I stuck the baby stego in there as an afterthought. Although I know they probably never saw their parents, it was too cute a thought not to include.

My daughter is already demanding her cake for next october LOL

Very impressive! The baby steg is cute. :) What flavors are the cake and icing?

I'm glad that you mentioned that those are boulders. Of course, with typical young boys they would surely get a scatological joy out the alternative. :giggle:

I am getting scatological joy out the alternative ! I am glad I was not the only one to think of this!

I am getting scatological joy out the alternative ! I am glad I was not the only one to think of this!
I've got two grandsons. When we went to the Atlanta Zoo, the highlight of the entire trip for them was when the elephant made a huge runny poop right in front of them. :lol:

That is one cool cake! I love the baby, it is soo cute, too cute to eat! and you did not have to kill the cake ! How long did take you made it?

Thanks guys :) The cake is yellow sponge, the icing is leaf green colored buttercream. The icing on the ground is leaf green royal icing :D
LOL about the scatalogical joy. That's what my ex-husband assumed they were! I actually had planned on making them slate blocks and piling them, but I figured they would look MORE like a pile of ...well, you get the picture hahahaha

I stuck the baby stego in there as an afterthought. Although I know they probably never saw their parents, it was too cute a thought not to include.

My daughter is already demanding her cake for next october LOL
Does she want a dinosaur, too?

That is one cool cake! I love the baby, it is soo cute, too cute to eat! and you did not have to kill the cake ! How long did take you made it?

Lol yes I'm glad I didn't have to spear it! Lets see, about 2 weeks to design, a day to put together the frame, a day to bake all the cake and put on the molding chocolate and a morning to frost and decorate :D

Does she want a dinosaur, too?

No, but she does want a 3-D cake designed like a fancy stack of boxes. It will be much harder as I have never worked with fondant. I'll get some practice in doing that before I do the real item. I will also have to practice piping a LOT. I'm learning so much about baking doing this. :D

No, but she does want a 3-D cake designed like a fancy stack of boxes. It will be much harder as I have never worked with fondant. I'll get some practice in doing that before I do the real item. I will also have to practice piping a LOT. I'm learning so much about baking doing this. :D
Your kids are lucky to have a talented mom. :)

I love 3-D birthday cakes. When I was a kid, my mom got me a 3-D lamb cake for my birthday (it was close to Easter). Now, Hubby orders a 3-D lamb cake for me almost every year. (He got me different cakes for certain milestone birthdays.)

http://www.alldeaf.com/326754-post18.html

http://www.alldeaf.com/750376-post43.html

I'm sure your kids will also remember their special cakes. :)

Your kids are lucky to have a talented mom. :)

I love 3-D birthday cakes. When I was a kid, my mom got me a 3-D lamb cake for my birthday (it was close to Easter). Now, Hubby orders a 3-D lamb cake for me almost every year. (He got me different cakes for certain milestone birthdays.)

I'm sure your kids will also remember their special cakes. :)

Thank you. I think I do it as much for the fun of it as much as it is for the kids. I think the lamb with the black face is my favorite. What a handsome gesture on your husband's part, you have a good family! :D

Oops! I forgot one. It was a carrot cake, hence, the carrot "garden." :giggle:

Attachments

• carrotcake09.jpg
    carrotcake09.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 3
Back