3,276 Hours...the Time A Woman Takes To Get Ready

lumbingmi

Reaction score
August 18,2008
By Sara Dixon

Women spend 3,276 hours of their lives just getting ready for a night out.

That works out at 136 days – the time it would take an astronaut to fly to the moon and back 22 times.

Men, however, devote a mere 1,092 hours in a lifetime to getting ready to look their best for the world, which may not come as a huge surprise.

A survey of 1,000 women also revealed that 67 per cent actually find that the time spent getting ready for a night out is a real chore.

Only 33 per cent admitted that they really enjoy pampering and preening before a social occasion.

On average, a woman will spend an hour and a half getting ready for a night out and will put herself through the ordeal once every weekend.

The biggest chunk of that time – up to half an hour – is spent showering, washing and styling their hair, followed by 20 minutes applying make-up and 15 minutes polishing finger and toe nails.

Heather Boden, of body wash brand Skinbliss which commissioned the research, said: “The figures come as no surprise considering the pressure that today’s women are under just to make themselves look good.

“There’s a host of waxing, exfoliating, moisturising, straightening, polishing and plucking involved in getting ready for a night out. When you’re stretched for time or just simply want to get out, see your friends and have a good time, the routine of getting ready can often be an unwanted task.”

Northern women take longer getting ready. Two in three of them spend an average of 146 minutes compared to 117 minutes in the South.

Women in the North also love to party more, with 71 per cent claiming to go out twice at weekends compared to 49 per cent in the South.

Daily Express | UK News | 3,276 hours...the time a woman takes to get ready | 3,276 hours...the time a woman takes to get ready

That's a sad fact.

That's also a big turn-off for me.

How the hell can it take so long just to shower, dry off, get dressed, and put on makeup?

It takes me 5 to 10 minutes to shower. As a woman with long hair, it would take 5 to 10 minutes longer.

It takes me 10 minutes to pick an outfit and get dressed. The same should apply to women.

It takes me 10 minutes to do other stuff needed... brush teeth, put on deodorant, put on cologne, etc. This should be the same for women.

So, it takes men up to 30 minutes to get ready. With the extra 5 to 10 minutes to wash her long hair and possibly 5 to 10 minutes to shave her legs, it should take 30 to 45 minutes altogether to get ready.

Oh, wait... why am I complaining? If it takes women almost 2 hours to get ready, then I can take advantage of that time and play video games... ;)

That's a sad fact.

That's also a big turn-off for me.

How the hell can it take so long just to shower, dry off, get dressed, and put on makeup?

It takes me 5 to 10 minutes to shower. As a woman with long hair, it would take 5 to 10 minutes longer.

It takes me 10 minutes to pick an outfit and get dressed. The same should apply to women.

It takes me 10 minutes to do other stuff needed... brush teeth, put on deodorant, put on cologne, etc. This should be the same for women.

So, it takes men up to 30 minutes to get ready. With the extra 5 to 10 minutes to wash her long hair and possibly 5 to 10 minutes to shave her legs, it should take 30 to 45 minutes altogether to get ready.

Oh, wait... why am I complaining? If it takes women almost 2 hours to get ready, then I can take advantage of that time and play video games... ;)

You are not a woman so you will never understand. :giggle:

You are not a woman so you will never understand. :giggle:

I don't understand all the reasons for it, but it's a fact of life, so I cope with it.

1. Take shower together for fun and energy conservation. Time varies.

2. She gets out to begin minimum 2-hour ordeal to get ready; I stay in another 6 minutes to brush teeth and shave.

3. Ten minutes later, I'm toweled off, dressed and back to working on my computer or watching a movie on TV. Ha ha ha, sometimes start another movie.

4. A long time later, she smiles and signs "Ready to go." The wait was worth it.

Always have something to do, like read a book, write a chapter, vacuum your house, practice on the shooting range behind the house. She'll be ready when she's ready.

Or you can go out alone and be miserable.

Yeah I can understand how it felt. I remember when I was living with my parents during my teenage, my mom all the times telling me "ready to go", then left me out at the outside and mom's still trying to get ready, and does that repeat, it drive me crazy.

If I were a female, I would never use the make-up. Make-ups cause infection on your skin on your face, it's not pretty. Your nature face is true the beautiful.

I don't understand all the reasons for it, but it's a fact of life, so I cope with it.

1. Take shower together for fun and energy conservation. Time varies.

2. She gets out to begin minimum 2-hour ordeal to get ready; I stay in another 6 minutes to brush teeth and shave.

3. Ten minutes later, I'm toweled off, dressed and back to working on my computer or watching a movie on TV. Ha ha ha, sometimes start another movie.

4. A long time later, she smiles and signs "Ready to go." The wait was worth it.

Always have something to do, like read a book, write a chapter, vacuum your house, practice on the shooting range behind the house. She'll be ready when she's ready.

Or you can go out alone and be miserable.
Speaking of energy... the amount of energy wasted around the house is 25% by men and 75% by women. No wonder why men are always broke when they have a wife. ;)

Well... I'm a female here.

I only took 15-30 minutes (that depend) to bath myself and I never wear makeup. I merely fix my hair and change my clothes through I don't care what I wear, that's all. It's pretty easy for me to get ready soon.

I still can't believe why the earth do she want to take so lonnnnnggggerrr time to finish when it's actually so simple to set up and get ready. Geez...

I only took 15-30 minutes (that depend) to bath myself and I never wear makeup. I merely fix my hair and change my clothes through I don't care what I wear, that's all. It's pretty easy for me to get ready soon.

I still can't believe why the earth do she want to take so lonnnnnggggerrr time to finish when it's actually so simple to set up and get ready. Geez...
You're my kind of woman! ;)

Yeah I can understand how it felt. I remember when I was living with my parents during my teenage, my mom all the times telling me "ready to go", then left me out at the outside and mom's still trying to get ready, and does that repeat, it drive me crazy.

If I were a female, I would never use the make-up. Make-ups cause infection on your skin on your face, it's not pretty. Your nature face is true the beautiful.

YESSS!! Agreed.
Without makeups do not make your face uglier. :lol:

That is because you are still young,get back to me in 20 years :roll:

Whoa, there. Some women, in 40's of the age, don't wear makeups yet they're still young than their own age. Yes, I'd aware of getting older and a woman may need a clean makeup. Sometimes, I just hate when they assmue me as one of them who wear a makeup, even they thought I wear it.

By the way, thanks for comment. :)

PS - One of my family is 40's and almost never use her makeup. She only took short time to bath herself like what I did. Her appearance looks so fine to me. :)

Doesn't wearing make up all the time supposedly make one person aged very quickly?

I m not going to complain if women are taking themselves a time to do whatever in order to make themselves look extravagance or fantastic for special occaison. But a trip to Walmart or other chores? Meh.

Whoa, there. Some women, in 40's of the age, don't wear makeups yet they're still young than their own age. Yes, I'd aware of getting older and a woman may need a clean makeup. Sometimes, I just hate when they assmue me as one of them who wear a makeup, even they thought I wear it.

By the way, thanks for comment. :)

PS - One of my family is 40's and almost never use her makeup. She only took short time to bath herself like what I did. Her appearance looks so fine to me. :)

My aunt don't wear make up and she's like 45 or 46 years old, too. She still look good to me.

YESSS!! Agreed.
Without makeups do not make your face uglier. :lol:
The more makeup you wear and the longer you wear makeup, the uglier you become when you don't wear makeup.

Ever see those celebrities and models? Yep, they're ugly when they're not wearing makeup. They spent many years wearing lots of makeup that when they don't wear any, they become ugly.

Doesn't wearing make up all the time supposedly make one person aged very quickly?

I m not going to complain if women are taking themselves a time to do whatever in order to make themselves look extravagance or fantastic for special occaison. But a trip to Walmart or other chores? Meh.
Yep! That's my theory too!

I also wonder the same thing... seriously, why the hell do women put on so much makeup when they're going someplace not-so-special?

The more makeup you wear and the longer you wear makeup, the uglier you become when you don't wear makeup.

Ever see those celebrities and models? Yep, they're ugly when they're not wearing makeup. They spent many years wearing lots of makeup that when they don't wear any, they become ugly.

Ah, yes. You are right as you got a point; becoming an aged person is a part of natural is true...

My own point - I sometimes tired of people, who is 20's of the age, believed no makeups to wear that would make them look so "ugly". I just disagreed with that, their faces look actually wonderful when they are around as same as my age. :) That's why I said "without makeups do not make you uglier". I don't know if I offend anyone and you by some of my posts... Please take my apology if you guys think I'm being rude or something.

Last edited:

I think if a woman starts too young that might be true.I don't know,its not the same for everyone.

Back