2010-11 N.H.L. season

Poweron, that Connecticut Whale logo wouldn't do any help as some fans would love to see the completely name of Whalers added.. and some good logos as well as I saw in another sport forum that completely blows the current CT Whale logo out of the water for sure...

Good to see them back in CT with these colors as rather than WolfPack as NY Rangers's colors....I define to attend Whale game this year.

Yes, they save Whalers logo for future date when get NHL back into Hartford (I don't think so ... UConn Women Basketball always outsell them for rest of fans' lifetimes.) :)

Agreed without single debate. Oilers - Flames ... Ava - Red Wings are along with them. :)

Oh yeah the Flames-Oilers rivalry is something to see over the years... and the Avs-Red Wings battles.. I will never ever forget seeing Claude Lemieux cross board Kris Draper onto the boards during the 1996 Western Conference Final that year... whew that was nasty!!!!

Good to see them back in CT with these colors as rather than WolfPack as NY Rangers's colors....I define to attend Whale game this year.

Yes, they save Whalers logo for future date when get NHL back into Hartford (I don't think so ... UConn Women Basketball always outsell them for rest of fans' lifetimes.) :)

One has to wonder if Hartford will indeed build a new arena to replace the current arena.. that one I aint even holding my breath on it but anything can happen on that!

Oh yeah the Flames-Oilers rivalry is something to see over the years... and the Avs-Red Wings battles.. I will never ever forget seeing Claude Lemieux cross board Kris Draper onto the boards during the 1996 Western Conference Final that year... whew that was nasty!!!!

One has to wonder if Hartford will indeed build a new arena to replace the current arena.. that one I aint even holding my breath on it but anything can happen on that!

That place used be mall and home of Whalers then now, it already been built with new luxury apartment, offices and small resturant while arena stays same, not pretty...cement walls and floors all over the arena.

I doubt there would be new stadium anywhere since they gave new stadium to UConn football when Whalers owners took his team to NC to become 'Canes also failed to win Patriots after city of Boston - NFL offices were panic to get new stadium to keep Patriots in Foxboro, MA.

AHL's Whale are good enough for Hartford ... CT Whale logo are not bad look.

OK folks... the 2011 NHL All-Star game will be held in Raleigh, North Carolina this afternoon at 4 pm est (for viewers in US, tune to Versus if you have that channel, for viewers in Canada, CBC)... should be fun as there is a new format for the all star teams, in the form of 2 different team of all players chosen in fantasy draft, regardless of conference... new idea suggested by someone in the NHL that might be worth seeing if it works, it will be used for next year's all star game (to be in Ottawa)...the 2 teams are: Team Lidstrom in red (led by Detroit Red Wings captain Nic Lidstrom) vs Team Staal in white (led by Carolina Hurricanes captain Eric Staal)... gonna be a good game to see this afternoon.. dont be a lazy bum and catch the game today!!

Hey gophers.. if ya are a fan of the Tampa Bay Lightning, here's a head up.. the Lightning will have new uniforms and new logo looks for the 2011-12 season.. here they are.. I have to say the new logo is nice and simple but the jersey look is a bit so so.. but that's my opinion.. here I present 3 pics..

1st pic - home jersey

jersey-home-1200.jpg

2nd pic - road jersey

jersey-away-1200.jpg

3rd pic - team logos and marks for 2011-12

marks-1200.jpg

What do ya think eh?

Sharky99. I don't like Tampa's new jersey. It remind me of Toronto's colour.

I will agree with ya on that, man.. seems the Lightning are trying to somehow blend in a bit.. ehhh.. best to stick to their original colors somehow.. oh well

On other news.. heard Winnipeg might be the new place for the Phoenix Coyotes to move back to if there is a fallout over the bonds selling and etc to keep the Coyotes in Arizona... also some scutterbutt over the names Jets coming back and also the AHL Manitoba Moose name to be promoted over.. I like the Moose name and logo but I think everyone would love to see the name Winnipeg Jets come back somehow.. time will tell if we will be back in the NHL by the 2011-12 season or not...

Now that it is over for 2010. I am still hoping for Toronto Maple Leaf to win the games this year. The second choice will be Ottawa Senators. Both of these teams are right here in Ontario. Mostly I would rather have Toronto Maple Leaf to win. Rah! Rah! Rah! Win! Win! Toronto Maple Leaf! Come on, you can do it, Toronto!!!! :applause:

The Sharks are coming on strong.... Shh don't tell anyone

Ok gophers.. the Stanley Cup playoffs will start on April 13... question is who will be in the playoffs?? We got some teams that have already clinched some berths but the final standing will be determined after the last regular season game is played on April 10th so anything can give with the wacky times.. lol so I will explain a bit about the teams currently in the standings as of today (March 29) but remember, anything can change between now and April 10th, plus my own opinion on who will make it or not, my best guess at it ok?

Eastern Conference:
Philadelphia - clinched berth, might win EC banner unless so..
Washington - clinched berth, might see if they can beat Philly for the EC crown
Boston - clinched berth, can they bounce back from last year's meltdown vs Philly?
Pittsburgh - clinched berth, will they have Sid the kid back or not? will see...
Tampa Bay - might clinch berth, will TB do some damage in the playoffs?? Yes one round or so..
Montreal - might clinch berth, but need to wake up offense to get going good, for a good repeat of last year playoffs
NY Rangers - might clinch berth, will they be able to get past last year's one game showdown loss for the last berth?
Buffalo - berth clinching if they can distance themselves from Carolina and Toronto, possible for sure..

Carolina - need to get into playoffs to push Buffalo or maybe NY Rangers out (doubtful but Buffalo could be the one)
Toronto - definitely need to get back into the playoffs but not possible unless a massive miracle happen!
Atlanta - definitely out of playoffs for sure and might move somewhere in the summer time (rumored to Quebec or Winnipeg)
New Jersey - looks like they finally ran out of steam and will miss for the first time since 1996... yeow...
NY Islanders - oh come on the Isles need to wake up somehow.. but also might be relocated soon or so.. dunno!!
Florida - really need to improve, out of playoffs for now.. been since 2001 no playoffs (no kidding!!)
Ottawa - out of playoffs, need to improve and could be back in the playoffs next year...

Western Conference
Vancouver - clinched berth and maybe the President's Trophy for top team.. can Vancouver win the Stanley Cup finally??
Detroit -might clinch berth, might be a big roadblock for anyone who wanna go to the Stanley Cup Finals...
San Jose - might clinch berth, will SJ do some good grinding in teh playoffs or choke out as usual???
Phoenix - migth clinch berth..and do it again like last year or what will happen?? Might be relocated (mostly likely back to Winnipeg)
Los Angeles - might clinch berth..Will the Kings rebound with Kopitaz's injury?? Can LA do it or what?
Nashville - might clinch berth but can the Preds hold on? ehh...
Anaheim - might clinch berth BUT could get booted out fast and out of the playoffs if the 3 teams below them get ahead faster
Chicago - might clinch berth BUT could get booted out by the 2 teams below Chicago. .. should be interesting!!!

Calgary - trying to get into the playoffs but might have a hard time somehow...can the Flames do it or not?
Dallas - trying to get into the playoffs but might be difficult somehow.. will see...
Minnesota - likely out of the playoffs now.. will have to try to improve for next season somehow..
St. Louis - out of the playoffs now.. will need to fix a few things to get back into the playoffs for next year...
Columbus - out of playoffs... really need to try to go big to get to the Stanley Cup playoffs dance for the 2nd time in team history..
Colorado - out of the playoffs.. wonder how the Avs will improve for next season?? Young team but will improve..
Edmonton - out of the playoffs.. might win the lottery for the 1st overall draft pick for the 2011 draft.. need to get to the playoffs for sure for next year...

That would be the list.. I will post the final standings and the matchups for the Stanley Cup playoffs on April 11 or 12...

L.A. Kings:P bring it home !!!

I took one of the lists from #52.

Toronto - definitely need to get back into the playoffs but not possible unless a massive miracle happen!

Toronto is trying and doing good so far. But not massive yet. So I am hoping. :fingersx:

Getting closer to the end of the season... a couple teams in the Western Conference are still alive but barely in the chase for the 8th place berth.. man that gonna be something... and 3 teams over in the Eastern Conference are still chasing that 8th place berth too .. should be cleared up soon next week on that...

Will post the 2011 NHL playoffs with team series and etc tomorrow after I am done with research work on the series histories..

Back