2007 Porsche 911 GT3 RS

Gt-racing

Reaction score
Porsche today revealed the 2007 Porsche 911 GT3 RS — a purist variant of the 2007 GT3 with track use in mind. The GT3 RS is distinguished by its track capability, but also meets all requirements for road use. The RS boasts the same 415 bhp as the regular GT3, but a close-ratio six-speed transmission with a single-mass flywheel and the 20 kg lower vehicle weight mean 0-62 mph takes just 4.2 seconds. That’s one tenth of a second faster than the GT3. It takes just 13.3 seconds to hit 124 mph.

One characteristic of the new “RS” is the body, which is 44 mm wider at the rear (a legacy from the Carrera 4 models) by comparison with the 911 GT3. The muscular-looking rear end conceals a wider track that not only improves directional stability but also increases the transverse acceleration potential of this two-seater coupe.

Despite its specialized body, the “RS” is 20 kg lighter than the GT3, weighing in at just 1375 kg. This weight-saving was achieved by the use, amongst other solutions, of an adjustable carbon fiber wing, the use of a plastic rear lid and a lightweight plastic rear window. The corresponding weight-saving is 4.5 kg/kW.

With a view to the registration regulations for the important Gran Tourismo championships as future fields of application, the road version of the GT3 RS has resorted to technical solutions that will also feature in the racing version. These solutions will include the entire wheel carrier and split wishbones on the rear axle, in addition to the carbon fiber components of the body.

And the interior lives up to the vehicle’s sporting aspirations: 2 lightweight bucket seats made of carbon fiber composite materials come as standard and in the club sports package. There is a bolted roll cage and the pre-wiring for the battery main switch. A six-point seatbelt for the driver and a fire extinguisher are also provided. Internal trims are black, with the roof lining, steering wheel and gear stick trimmed in high-quality Alcantara leather.

The available finishes are Arctic Silver metallic or black; as an option, the GT3 can also be obtained in orange or green. All vehicle insignia and the wheels themselves are styled in orange or black to contrast with the body paintwork.

The basic price for the 911 GT3 RS is €111,600 (excluding country-specific requirements). In Germany, the coupe costs €129,659 including sales tax. The GT3 RS will also be available for sale on the North American market from March 2007.

2-2007-porsche-911-997-gt3-rs-gt3rs.jpg

6-2007-porsche-911-997-gt3-rs-gt3rs.jpg

10-2007-porsche-911-997-gt3-rs-gt3rs.jpg

11-2007-porsche-911-997-gt3-rs-gt3rs.jpg

1-2007-porsche-911-997-gt3-rs-gt3rs.jpg

3-2007-porsche-911-997-gt3-rs-gt3rs.jpg

(reposted from another board I go to)
ignoring the ugly orange paint job, it look very hot.

Both Liebling and I would like that car. ;) I am sure she would too. :) :thumb:

She lives in Germany and I live in the USA and I am German-American.

my only grip about it is that it have carbon seats, wing, and is supposly the "driver's" car, and yet it still have a radio, as you can see from one of the interior pictures, I would imagine that they will remove the radio and speakers to save even more weight

Nothing new! That's not very fast enough. :zzz: The old Porsche 911 turbo can go to 60 in under 4 seconds. That goes to 62 mph in 4.2 secs. Porsche needs to do something better than that. That's a few seconds faster than the Subaru Impreza WRX STI which can go to 60 in 4.8 seconds with only 300 hp under the hood.

Otherwise, 0-60 times isn't a factor to the car's performance, the cornering, 1/4 mile time and skalom times and much more. I'm already bored with same old Porsche stuff.

sequoias said:
Nothing new! That's not very fast enough. :zzz: The old Porsche 911 turbo can go to 60 in under 4 seconds. That goes to 62 mph in 4.2 secs. Porsche needs to do something better than that. That's a few seconds faster than the Subaru Impreza WRX STI which can go to 60 in 4.8 seconds with only 300 hp under the hood.

Otherwise, 0-60 times isn't a factor to the car's performance, the cornering, 1/4 mile time and skalom times and much more. I'm already bored with same old Porsche stuff.

first off, both the 911 turbo and the STI have AWD, while GT3 always have been RWD only, if it had the AWD advantage, it would have beaten them.

the 0-60's, 1/4 miles time yea, not much stuff there beside talking about how fast it reaches the two distance and speeds.

the salom times are good ideas to test, it show how well it grip the pavement.

Gt-racing said:
first off, both the 911 turbo and the STI have AWD, while GT3 always have been RWD only, if it had the AWD advantage, it would have beaten them.

the 0-60's, 1/4 miles time yea, not much stuff there beside talking about how fast it reaches the two distance and speeds.

the salom times are good ideas to test, it show how well it grip the pavement.

I believe Subaru STI take RWD then it would take under 4 sec cuz less power for each wheels.

911 only give power for two wheels. Sti give power for four wheels. So Do the math. Correct me if I am wrong.

I heard that somewhere that you can dis-arm the AWD system on the Subaru and make it go into RWD drive on the Subaru. I haven't checked on that info in a long time, similar thing that you can turn off the ABS on the ABS equipped cars.

Neo said:
I believe Subaru STI take RWD then it would take under 4 sec cuz less power for each wheels.

911 only give power for two wheels. Sti give power for four wheels. So Do the math. Correct me if I am wrong.

the older 911 is RWD and they havn't broken the 4 second mark, it's after the AWD 911 turbo that it broke the 4 sec mark.

it's because it give the power to the 4 wheels that made it's accerlation faster then of the GT3, the driving wheels had more grip so it can accerlate harder without losing grip.

and I don't know if you can disable the AWD on the Sti, people have done RWD conversions with the help of mods, but turning on RWD on a stock STi? not sure.

Heath said:
Both Liebling and I would like that car. ;) I am sure she would too. :) :thumb:

She lives in Germany and I live in the USA and I am German-American.
You don't have to be a German to enjoy Porsche.

I used to have a Porsche 914 (yeah, I know, it was a "glorified" VW :D ) that I enjoyed very much. It was fun to drive on the Florida Panhandle highways (straight and flat for many miles), and it handled very neatly in town. I used to get a kick out of how guys would open the hood looking for the engine--no engine. Then, they would open the bonnet (trunk lid)--no engine there either. Ha, ha! (The front "trunk" was for luggage, and the back "trunk" was for storing the hard-top convertible roof; the engine was behind the seats, under a flip-up "slot".) It was only a two-seater, totally impractical, but I loved it.

I'll love to have a porche too, mainly the Cayman S,

similar handling to 911 for less.

Reba said:
You don't have to be a German to enjoy Porsche.

I used to have a Porsche 914 (yeah, I know, it was a "glorified" VW :D ) that I enjoyed very much. It was fun to drive on the Florida Panhandle highways (straight and flat for many miles), and it handled very neatly in town. I used to get a kick out of how guys would open the hood looking for the engine--no engine. Then, they would open the bonnet (trunk lid)--no engine there either. Ha, ha! (The front "trunk" was for luggage, and the back "trunk" was for storing the hard-top convertible roof; the engine was behind the seats, under a flip-up "slot".) It was only a two-seater, totally impractical, but I loved it.

Hi Reba, In my hometown there are 3 Porsche 914's and they are always nice to see in town. If I was wealthy then I would own at least one Porsche, a VW Passat and a Merdeces Benz, a BMW and each one would be a hardtop and a convertible :) :thumb:

Back