2006 Deaf, HOH, Deafblind Day at the Capitol

racheleggert

Reaction score
2006 Deaf, HOH, Deafblind Day at the Minnesota State Capitol

Info from Mary Hartnett (MN Commission Serving Deaf and Hard of Hearing People):

Register Now for the MCDHH Deaf, Hard of Hearing and DeafBlind Legislative Day

At the Minnesota Judicial Center

Room 230 25 Reverend Martin Luther King Boulevard (across from the State Capitol at the Corner of Cedar Street and Martin Luther King Boulevard)

Learn How to Advocate for This Year's Big Issues

Funding for the Minnesota Commission Serving Deaf and Hard of Hearing People

Increase in Special Education Funds

Interpreter Legislation

Other Important Issues!!

Join with deaf, deafblind and hard of hearing people from all around Minnesota

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 8:30 am - 4:00 pm

8:30-11:00 am Advocacy Training - Learn how to meet with your legislator, hear from legislators and learn about the issues.

11:00-12:00 Lunch on your own and meet with Legislators - We will set up appointments for you and arrange for interpreters. You can go on your own or with a team leader.

11 a.m. -4pm Meetings with Legislators

RSVP so we can prepare packets and make appointments. RSVP to 651-297-7305(V/TTY) or to dhhs.metro@state.mn.us with your answers to the following:

1) Name, email address, address, phone. (we need your address so we can help you get the name of your legislator and make the appointment).

2) What special accommodations do you need for the training? Interpreters will be provided for the day and captioning services for the training. Let us know if you need tactile interpreting, an FM, loop or infrared system.

3) Do you want a tour of the Capitol? Please call 651-296-2881 or e-mail statecapitol@mnhs.org Let them know if you need an interpreter.

Directions: Go to the following URL:

http://www.courts.state.mn.us/page/Default.aspx?pageID=152&printerFriendly=true

Parking: Metered street parking is available along the south side of the Judicial Center. Metered parking is also available in the Orange Level of the Centennial Ramp, directly south of the Judicial Center. $4 parking passes available through State Plant Management. Call 651-2012307. 651

One more thing, parking is always problem :rl:

So best is to take Metro Transit bus... Parking have always been problem because it is usually full during legislative session. thank god I take bus so I don't have to worry!

If anyone is going, I can't make it, but Rachel is going to have a picture of me with Snickers (my hearing dog) so you will know what I look like. :wave: This event (at the capitol) is something I don't want to miss, but have to due to class that day. If you go, please notify Rachel and get with her. Lucky you, you may even get to see a pic of me! :dance2: :applause: :thumb: :aw: :D

Back