2 Year Old Cooper Hear's Mommy's Voice First Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
:cool2: :thumb: its all good.
Ah, I was answering your last question about parents talking to their kids....lol. Sorry

As for the bad experience....you said you felt her pain

perhaps if you weren't too focused on quibbling around and poking a hornet's nest... there wouldn't be any confusion.

No quibbling or poking here....sorry if you take it that way. In fact I would love to see this turn into a fair presentation of facts without all of the hostility.

There will never be a fact discussion or fair presentation if you guys keep continuing to put down or dismiss anything being said.

If this thread keeps going in this direction, who knows how many times it's been given a chance and still nearly/totally unproductive.

First page to the last page the only rambling over and over is constantly participating in "No you" "I'm right, you're wrong" "No, I refuse to be challenged" "Show me links".

Any more pointless discussion and this thread's going to be gone. Actions may be decided later should any mod decide to choose the next violator.

Yes, you are correct. I forgot to add it to my statement earlier today. This site is primarily a Deaf/deaf/oral/hoh audience.

The hearing are welcome to join in on the site, but asserting superiority over the opinion of deafies can be seen as a trolling matter and they will be penalized accordingly to how they violated the rules.

This is what people see when they come to the website:

"Want to be a part of a popular online community of thousands of deaf, hard of hearing, and sign language users from around the world? To gain full access you must register for a FREE account. As a registered member you will be able to: Participate in all our topic forums listed below. Post and view pictures. Access to private forums. Communicate privately with other deaf, hard of hearing, and hearing members. All this and much more is available to you absolutely FREE! Come join us. Hearing folks are welcome."

That doesn't always feel like the case. If this site is primarily for people who are DHH, that should really be reflected in areas like that one.

If AD really doesn't want hearing parents here, then that's the way it is- but it should be clear from Alex and/or the mods.

However, I don't see how that would even serve the Deaf community well because parents would not have the opportunity to engage with others on the Internet who have insight to share. It would only be the parent/"hearing" perspective.

It's those hearing parents that are raising these deaf children. Ostracizing them from this community doesn't seem like it would serve their children well, who would ultimately benefit from the perspectives shared here (after weeding through the nonsense posts).

I hope that Alex and the mods will clarify this, so at the least new people coming here would know what they are getting into. I thought all who had some connection to the DHH world were welcome. I hope if that's not the case, it will be made clear on the site.

This is what people see when they come to the website:

"Want to be a part of a popular online community of thousands of deaf, hard of hearing, and sign language users from around the world? To gain full access you must register for a FREE account. As a registered member you will be able to: Participate in all our topic forums listed below. Post and view pictures. Access to private forums. Communicate privately with other deaf, hard of hearing, and hearing members. All this and much more is available to you absolutely FREE! Come join us. Hearing folks are welcome."

That doesn't always feel like the case. If this site is primarily for people who are DHH, that should really be reflected in areas like that one.

If AD really doesn't want hearing parents here, then that's the way it is- but it should be clear from Alex and/or the mods.

However, I don't see how that would even serve the Deaf community well because parents would not have the opportunity to engage with others on the Internet who have insight to share. It would only be the parent/"hearing" perspective.

It's those hearing parents that are raising these deaf children. Ostracizing them from this community doesn't seem like it would serve their children well, who would ultimately benefit from the perspectives shared here (after weeding through the nonsense posts).

I hope that Alex and the mods will clarify this, so at the least new people coming here would know what they are getting into. I thought all who had some connection to the DHH world were welcome. I hope that if that's really not the case it will be made clear on the site.

or... simply save yourself a trouble and join/create a forum to your liking. this is not the only place out there.

No victim card here. I was trying to take the opportunity to have you educate myself and others on specific examples of posts where superiority is perceived by others.

This is an opportunity to educate us. For those of us who really do enjoy this site (minus the nonsense) and want to continue participating, but in a constructive way.

I'm asking for others to please provide specific examples of posts where parents are "asserting their superiority".

I have never seen it either..at least not from a regular member. There was the occasional troll that came in to say negative stuff about all of us but it has been a while since I have seen one of those. It was pretty cool...we all came together to battle the trolls. Maybe we need more of them! :lol:

I do know some have taken it personally from time to time when a parent reported on success their child was having. I am not sure how you fix that.....people need to understand that one can be happy for their kid without thinking someone else should raise their kid the same way.

EDIT: I see Naisho's last post now....I don't see how this post can be seen as negative but if it is, my apologies.

Pointless thread is pointlessly over.

Please have the common sense to post it in the right section, or PM Alex if you want to argue about "AllDeaf and policies against hearing people" instead trying to bring continual arguments in a thread about Cooper/CI implantation 5 hours after my original post answered the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back