15 People who did not know the Titanic was real

I learned about Titantic in 1997 when movie came out and turned it is real.

:shock: how old were you?

I learned about it from my parents when I was a kid. I read about it in an old book that belonged to my grandfather.
Nobody in my family has ever seen the movie, and none of us have any intention of ever seeing it.

:shock: how old were you?

I learned about it from my parents when I was a kid. I read about it in an old book that belonged to my grandfather.
Nobody in my family has ever seen the movie, and none of us have any intention of ever seeing it.

I was 9 years old.

I know I learned about it in school and I had a fantastic unit I did with my kids on it as well. We put together a 3D model of the boat from cardstock printouts I got off the internet. The kids then got to watch the movie and we also watched the interviews and such provided on the video.

I learned about it when I was 7, by watching that movie with my father.
At IMDb, it's rated the best of the Titanic movies because the story was "depicted in straightforward fashion without the addition of fictional subplots."

mmmhhhh... Some people think & believe that the holocaust and hitler was fake, too...

At IMDb, it's rated the best of the Titanic movies because the story was "depicted in straightforward fashion without the addition of fictional subplots."

which is great. Hollywood pollutes most stories. Sad thing is most people are dimwitted and take it for 100% accurate facts. :roll:

That's a shame. The Titanic movie took a real life hero and turned him into a jerk.

he most egregious assault was the totally false portrayal of Lieutenant William McMaster Murdoch, the officer in charge during that tragic night. Cameron portrayed him as an incompetent and a coward who pushed others aside, actually pulled his pistol and shot a man in order to get on a lifeboat to save himself.

A total LIE! Lt. Murdock spent the last moments of his life getting reluctant passengers on lifeboats, women and children first, then men, and stayed on duty until he perished in the icy waters as the giant ship sank.

This absolutely false portrayal was distressful for the family and descendants of Lieutenant.Murdoch. And that is the 'history' that will remain embedded in the public's conscientiousness including him being seen as a murderer.

To kill a man's good name, to deliberately slander and libel a fine gentleman officer, a heroic one at that, who saved others at the cost of his own life is unthinkable and criminal.

It was also a lie that third class passengers were barred from leaving- they were not barred, they were urged to safety but many of them ignorantly and stubbornly refused to leave their rooms because they believed the ship was unsinkable:
Titanic Memorial to William Murdoch, Dalbeattie

There was a barrier between third and first class, but it was up all the time, and the reason was that those in third class were going to be quarantined for health screenings when they arrived in New York. So long as the barrier remained, the first class passengers would be able to disembark without the health screenings (possibly because they paid for their own before the boarded teh ship in order to save time later. while the 3rd class passengers wouldn't have been able to afford it and the screening would be free when disembarking).

Third class passengers testified that the barrier was removed in time for them to escape.

Another interesting factoid is that proportionally, more third class men survived than women, while in first class more women survived than men- and it was considered a scandal worthy of Congressional investigation that any first class men survived at all so long as there were any women of any class who did not make it to the lifeboats.

That's a shame. The Titanic movie took a real life hero and turned him into a jerk....
I was referring to A Night to Remember. Which one are you referring to?

Back