13-Yr.-Old Charged w/DUI

rockin'robin

Reaction score
Port Royal, Pa. - State police in Lewistown have charged a 13-year-old boy with driving under the influence and eluding police.

Police say that troopers followed a 1997 Dodge Caravan Sport, owned by 26-year-old Rita St. John of Port Royal, driving erratically in Port Royal, Juniata County. Police saw the driver make numerous violations. The driver stopped the vehicle at Market and Fourth streets, where police removed him, a 13-year-old from Mifflintown who St. John was familiar with, and a 13-year-old male juvenile rear passenger. Both were taken into custody, and the vehicle was returned to St. John.

Police took the driver to Lewistown Hospital to determine his blood alcohol content, which was found to be above the legal limit for minors. He was then returned to his mother.

Juvenile petition was filed in the Juniata County Probation Department, where the boy was charged with fleeing or attempting to elude police, unauthorized use of an automobile or other vehicle, recklessly endangering another person, misdemeanor DUI, driver required to be licensed, driving on the right side of the roadway, driving on roadways laned for traffic, stop signs and yield signs, duty of driver on approach of emergency vehicle, turning movements and required signal, careless driving, minor prohibited from operating with any alcohol in system, reckless driving, restraint systems and underage drinking.

13-Year-Old Charged with DUI|abc27 News

Given the charges, he probably won't be driving until he is 21.

Some states have a law that if a minor has a serious traffic violations while on a learners permit, that minor is not allowed to drive or reapply for a learner's permit until they are 18 or 21.

With him being only 13 and a litany of violations, he needs to see how its like to not have a DL and try to have a job and go to school. If I were the judge, he would be waiting until he is 21. I'm willing to bet he won't be making the same mistake twice then.

Given the charges, he probably won't be driving until he is 21.

Some states have a law that if a minor has a serious traffic violations while on a learners permit, that minor is not allowed to drive or reapply for a learner's permit until they are 18 or 21.

With him being only 13 and a litany of violations, he needs to see how its like to not have a DL and try to have a job and go to school. If I were the judge, he would be waiting until he is 21. I'm willing to bet he won't be making the same mistake twice then.
He will drive without a license. I know of people who have lost their license to drive for various reasons and it doesn't stop them from driving.

He will drive without a license. I know of people who have lost their license to drive for various reasons and it doesn't stop them from driving.

Yep. He da gangsta.

Wow!! 13 years old? How did he become in possession of the car? It did not state anything about he stole the car.

which was found to be above the legal limit for minors.
Did not realize that minors had a legal limit. Since it is illegal for minors to even drink.

Kids nowadays are becoming braver and braver.. getting too big for their "britches"

Good I hope he serves some time as well as community service. I hope his parents are held responsible in some way too. He is 13. They need to check how he was supervised and also locate where the liquor came from and charge those responsible in providing it to him. I hope they throw the book at all of them.

Back