11 reasons you should quit Facebook in 2014

Just name and they still can't read your full profiles, info, status, etc. if you set correct.

About that.... I heard it was complicated to do, and I don't mess with complicated stuff. I prefer stuff I can actually do, and not end up putting a hole through the computer screen.

AD is a social network maybe you've been brainwashed by it and now addicted and have an obsession with it :hmm:

Not necessarily-- I haven't made any friends, nor am I obssessed over anyone, which is the definition of brainwashed, and if I do ever reach that point, I'll know it's time to leave for good. For now, I'm okay, cause I'm still sane.

It was not even complicated. It was very simple.

Hmm. That may be, but I STILL have misforgivings-- I've heard of people having REALLY bad experience with the site, and that's not particularly something I'd like to do, cause if I tried to sign up, they'd probably figure out I'm a huge Google fan, and then what? I've spoken against Facebook before, and for all I know, they may already know about what I said.

Hmm. That may be, but I STILL have misforgivings-- I've heard of people having REALLY bad experience with the site, and that's not particularly something I'd like to do, cause if I tried to sign up, they'd probably figure out I'm a huge Google fan, and then what? I've spoken against Facebook before, and for all I know, they may already know about what I said.

Don't knock it till you try it ... and don't be so paranoid the world isn't out to get you ...

Don't knock it till you try it ... and don't be so paranoid the world isn't out to get you ...

Trying it is not gonna happen-- I'd like a sense of peace and quiet, and if I were to join up, I would be opening the floodgates to being searchable, and that's not what I want. I would much rather stay the way I am now, then to open up the floodgates. I like not having thousands or millions of people following everything I say, and truth be told, I'd much rather not get overwhelmed.

I think I shall just go and sue MySpace!!!

For whatever reason?! I had MySpace before, until I wised up and realized the police were using it to lure predators, and I immediately quit, cause I was sick to my stomach that predators were using the site, and I didn't wanna get caught in the middle.

okaaaay ... now that one was weird.

You know ... that awkward moment when you realize someone isn't utilizing a service because its used by police to capture predators ...

You know ... that awkward moment when you realize someone isn't utilizing a service because its used by police to capture predators ...

Makes you wonder don't it???? :hmm:

Yeah, well. Back then, I wasn't quite so smart as I am today, but let me assure you-- I'm not one of them. I just didn't want to find myself in a mess, and that's why I quit. Plus, if I were one of them, I likely wouldn't be here. Just a thought, cause judges tend to ban them from using the Internet, and I'm here, aren't I?

Police is doing the same with Facebook ,and other social networks like here. Don't add people you don't trust... your neighbors could be predators... it can be anywhere around you.

No such place is safe in real life or internet. Be vigilant and use common sense, we all have a life to live everyday. :)

For whatever reason?! I had MySpace before, until I wised up and realized the police were using it to lure predators, and I immediately quit, cause I was sick to my stomach that predators were using the site, and I didn't wanna get caught in the middle.

Police is doing the same with Facebook ,and other social networks like here. Don't add people you don't trust... your neighbors could be predators... it can be anywhere around you.

No such place is safe in real life or internet. Be vigilant and use common sense, we all have a life to live everyday. :)

That's probably true, but I'm fairly sure I'll be all right, cause I know the difference between right and wrong. And I heard a rumor some time back that social media are doing background checks to make sure the bad people stay out, but it's not my business to know if AllDeaf does this or not, but I'm fairly sure that I wouldn't be here if someone had found something fishy in my background...... only got in trouble once.

well, the way you conveyed the message ....not using a service because the police use it to capture predators ... probably came out the way you didn't mean for it to.

It implied that you were a predator that didn't want to get caught. Now, I am sure that isn't what you meant. But it did sound an awful lot like that was what you meant.

Maybe you meant to say you didn't want to use a public service because it was being used by predators?

But police aren't the only ones capturing predators you know. If I knew of a predator, I would certainly turn them in. That's just another child that gets to sleep safe at night.

well, the way you conveyed the message ....not using a service because the police use it to capture predators ... probably came out the way you didn't mean for it to.

It implied that you were a predator that didn't want to get caught. Now, I am sure that isn't what you meant. But it did sound an awful lot like that was what you meant.

Maybe you meant to say you didn't want to use a public service because it was being used by predators?

But police aren't the only ones capturing predators you know. If I knew of a predator, I would certainly turn them in. That's just another child that gets to sleep safe at night.

You are correct-- it wasn't how I intended the message to be conveyed. I WAS trying to say that I was sick to my stomach that predators were using the site.

As for turning them in, I would do the same thing you would-- I have no tolerance for predators whatsoever.

To AllDeaf-- I apologize for scaring anyone about the post above. I realize I likely sent the wrong message, and that wasn't my intentions. I am a good person, and have never been in major trouble with the law. I assure you-- I am nowhere near the kind of bad person the message above seemed to indicate, but rest assured-- I'm not. Plus I wouldn't be here becauae the vast majority of those people aren't allowed Internet access, and I'm here, and I can assure you I have no interest whatsoever of getting to that level-- ever. My apology, and if I scared anyone, I'm sorry. I should have put in a better worded message than the one above, and that's my mistake.

Back