10-year-old gives birth in Cincinnati

Don't get me wrong....it's sickening all the way around.

First I have to ask, what mother doesn't know that her 10 year old is pregnant to begin with?! It is obvious when a 10 year is pregnant or just fat.

Sorry....it just blows my mind that we have a 10 year old that is now a mother and chances are high that both will be on the state's dole for the next several years.

As for the perps, they should be locked up and the mother stripped of her parental rights.

The perps will get their justice in the "big house" when Bubba comes and claims them.

Then this situation begs to differ, since everyone is abhorred that a 10 year old had a baby, makes me wonder, why didn't they permit an abortion on this 10 year old?!

I wonder the same thing... they would have caught the guy earlier and the 10 year old would not had to carry this child. since the state would be asking questions earlier. Now both children are in the states custody.

I guess the mother knew who did it and try to hide it for as long as she could to be with that sicko boyfriend, Hope they rot in prison...

Now the little girl been traumatized and the infant is in the state custody and the little girl is not capable of caring for the infant, She is also in state custody.

Shame...

First I have to ask, what mother doesn't know that her 10 year old is pregnant to begin with?! It is obvious when a 10 year is pregnant or just fat.

Sorry....it just blows my mind that we have a 10 year old that is now a mother and chances are high that both will be on the state's dole for the next several years.

As for the perps, they should be locked up and the mother stripped of her parental rights.

The perps will get their justice in the "big house" when Bubba comes and claims them.

Oh yeah!! Prisoners do not like any other prisoners that hurts children. much less sexual abusers. He will be slammed for sure! If he isn't killed first.

What a tragic situation. Some people seriously need to be locked up for life.

I wonder if the state will allow the girl and the baby remain in contact? I cant imagine the emotions this girl must be going thru..

The poor little thing doesn't even have a decent mother to turn to for support or protection.
Well, we're talking about very dysfunctional families.

I was thinking that too; how do you not notice an enormous belly on a 10 year old girl?

And I agree with the rest as well.

probably since people in America are against on abortion. Big mistake?

I am glad abortion is going to be stopped eventually.

The problem is that the parents are NOT teaching their child and watching what is going on in the home. The mother should be in jail too for allowing this and not knowing that she was pregnant the whole time.

I think the 11 yr old mother and her baby should go to a new home.

The problem is that the parents are NOT teaching their child and watching what is going on in the home. The mother should be in jail too for allowing this and not knowing that she was pregnant the whole time.

If your 10-years-old daughter is pregnant, what are you do about her? Like you said that you are glad that abortion is going to be stopped eventually. It is likely that you will be in prison because you failed to be responsibility to protect your daughter. I did not mean to scare you for me to say that.

I was thinking that too; how do you not notice an enormous belly on a 10 year old girl?

And I agree with the rest as well.

Yeah, that's what I was wondering too. How can they NOT notice her big pregnant belly while she's in school or something like that. It's obivous she's too young to be pregnant.

that sad!

im sure that girl should not getting pregnant till reach any whatevers ages! its laws

and the mothers of girls's was right about that not allowed have her as getting have baby to kept for longtimes till girls reach 18 or over they can kept as custody as important!

mostly birth parents can allowed kept baby after married

I don't have children but I know. My niece will be 13 next month. My sister (may she rest in peace) and brother in law teaches both of their children about sex, rape and things like that, also they watch who comes in their own and who don't meaning their friends and such.

Also if I had children, not married at all. I would be careful who comes in my home and who I date. Also my b/f's would not be watching my daughter alone at all. My daughter would be at her friends, or family. Or I would have a female baby sitter to stay with her. That is how I feel.

well, it's big problem in situation that you're put her in bad path where decision lead this mother to take care of child more difficult and wrong age. She should get abortion. We cannot allow her to accept to be mother because it's wrong. I don't think body in age can provide like that.

There is no way a 10 year old child can physically nor mentally take care of an infant. They simply lack not just the maturity, but the skills needed to do so.

I think the state did what was best for both in this situation - removing both from the home and placing into state custody.

HOWEVER there would be one thing I would do differently - allow the 10 year old to be placed in a home with her child, where she would not be the legal gaurdian for reasons already stated - but can 'bond' with her child and learn 'some' parenting skills along the way, but she will never earn full custody of the baby due to their ages and the fact that even at 18 she wouldnt even be financially ready to take on an 8 year old child but would be allowed visits. This would give them both a chance to form a relationship with each other.

Whomever adopted the infant would need to be willing to let the 10 year old be a part of the infants life given the circumstances - the ideal thing would be is to adopt them into one home more as siblings rather then parent-child.

As for abortion, Im not sure you can legally perform abortions on children that young and even then the abortion clinic would still be required to notify the Department of Family Services, simply for the fact that she is so young - the same reason the hospital notified the Department of Family Services.

I agree with Dixie, The state did what was best for her. I think abortion is too hard for a 10 year old, also let alone can cause problems when she gets older such as not being able to have any more children too. IT would hurt her more, to kill a child than putting a child for an adoption.

also I think the young mother should go to a home where her child is, but not a legal guardian. But to learn parenting.

I agree with Dixie, The state did what was best for her. I think abortion is too hard for a 10 year old, also let alone can cause problems when she gets older such as not being able to have any more children too. IT would hurt her more, to kill a child than putting a child for an adoption.

also I think the young mother should go to a home where her child is, but not a legal guardian. But to learn parenting.

I agree, I feel the same way as you 2 do.

A very sad and sickening situation. :(

I wonder why "sex with a child under 13 is considered statutory rape"? It should be "rape", period. There is no way that a child that young is consenting. The good thing is it carries a life sentence.

This is additionally disturbing:

"Two other men were eliminated as the baby's father before Chaffer's DNA was tested."

That means that possibly two other men were also sexually abusing the poor girl.

The poor little thing doesn't even have a decent mother to turn to for support or protection. Awful!

Agreed. I don't understand the tag of statuatory rape, either. A 10 year old could not be consenting. Looks to me like a case of ongoing rape.

There is no way a 10 year old child can physically nor mentally take care of an infant. They simply lack not just the maturity, but the skills needed to do so.

I think the state did what was best for both in this situation - removing both from the home and placing into state custody.

HOWEVER there would be one thing I would do differently - allow the 10 year old to be placed in a home with her child, where she would not be the legal gaurdian for reasons already stated - but can 'bond' with her child and learn 'some' parenting skills along the way, but she will never earn full custody of the baby due to their ages and the fact that even at 18 she wouldnt even be financially ready to take on an 8 year old child but would be allowed visits. This would give them both a chance to form a relationship with each other.

Whomever adopted the infant would need to be willing to let the 10 year old be a part of the infants life given the circumstances - the ideal thing would be is to adopt them into one home more as siblings rather then parent-child.

As for abortion, Im not sure you can legally perform abortions on children that young and even then the abortion clinic would still be required to notify the Department of Family Services, simply for the fact that she is so young - the same reason the hospital notified the Department of Family Services.

Agree with you completely. That would be the ideal situation. However, given the circumstances of the preganancy, the 10 year olds feeling definately should be taken into consideration regarding visitations and contact. It could easily be more traumatic for her to have contact with the child. The abortion, for a child that young, would require parental consent. I would say that chances are good that they did not even realize the child was pregnant until after the time limit for abortion had passed. The poor child probably didn't even recognize the signs of pregnancy, or if she did, was terrified to tell anyone.

But who would volunteer to take care of both daughter and the baby?

Well, hopefully she and the baby would find a good guardian to take care of them for rest of their life. They need it.

I hope they will give her some counseling, because I doubt anyone's mind would be sane if they went through this at such young age.

I am positive that the mother is receiving some sort of counseling at this stage and probably will continue to do for another year or two at the very least so that she can adequately deal with her feelings and emotions, or even she may never really move past this to have a productive life. But either way - the day she turns 21 she's no longer the states responsibility, she's on her own. All we can do is hope she meets the right kind of people and has some good people in her life between now and then that can have a positive influence over her.

Back