10 Rare and Beautiful Horses.....

rockin'robin

Reaction score
Horses are all beautiful, but these stallions and mares are particularly majestic. Their
coloring is absolutely EXTRAORDINARY! We’ve compiled 10 favorite rare horses with unusual coloring, markings, and manes. From the ultra long and lush Black Forest horse, to the gleaming golden Akhal Teke, you’re about to fall in love with horses all over again.

#1: The golden Akhal Teke

Akhal_Teke_gold_horse-600x450.jpg

I had to look twice...this horse is beautiful enough to be a bronzed statue! With an unbelievably shiny coat that appears to be metallic in the sun, the Akhal Teke is the national emblem of the country of Turkmenistan. Not surprisingly, it's known as the golden horse

Akhal_Teke_golden_horse-600x401.jpg

This beautiful breed is most famous for the shimmer of their coats, and also can be colored black, palomino, perlino, grey and cremello.

ImpressiveMagazine
#2. The Friesian/Appaloosa Crossbreed

tss_1376294890_1-600x921.jpg

I could gaze all day at this stunning mix, but I'd be slightly scared to ride one based on this picture!

As it turns out, the type horse photographed above has been famous since this picture of him as a foal surfaced online.

Mystic3.jpg

His name is Mystic Warrior. He's 3/4 Friesian and 1/4 Appy stallion was a demo horse at the World Equestrian Games! This little guy came a LONG way!

Here's Mystic Warrior all grown up...

mysticWarrior2-600x480.jpg

According to the HorseAndMan.com, Mystic Warrior's humans would like to see Mystic Warrior go to a good home that will keep him a stallion, so he can pass his traits and color on for generations to come. If that means more beautiful crossbreeds, I'm 100% behind them!

Horseandman.com
#3. The Knabstrupper

2d53e948973c567f84e0c3c05335efbc.jpg

Knabstrupper horses were bred in Denmark as far back as 1671 when they were called "The Tiger Horses." In 1750, this royal breeding line came to an end.

e8cc82507591f55672f543a05a279287-600x450.jpg

The spotted horse returned in 1812, not as the "Tiger Horses," but with a new bloodline. A mare was purchased of Spanish origin with unusual markings. Her colt was the foundational Sire for the new spotted breed...Seeing spots has never felt so good!

f0575a046429f0252155e7c37b485e64-600x423.jpg

It's pretty easy to see how some folks confuse these beauties for Appaloosas, though their markings are often more saturated!

Pinterest
#5. The German Black Forest Horse

4227647306_f4de0a3684.jpg

According to Wikipedia, the Black Forest Horse, or the "Schwarzwälder Kaltblut," is a rare draft horse breed originating in southern Germany. All I know is that his mane and tail PERFECTLY compliment his super shiny coat.

Schwarzwaelder-hengst-600x484.jpg

This beauty has the longest, lushest mane I've ever seen!

#6. The Blue Roan Gypsy Vanner Horse

600_Bellagio-34.jpg

Easily recognized for their leg feathering and common black and white or "piebald"coat color, the Blue Roan version of the beautiful Gypsy horse is considered most rare.

#7. The Chocolate Silver Dapple Pinto

IMG_3043.jpg

Lush locks and an extraordinarily bold coat make this horse a regular show-stopper, but perhaps most unique are the star-shaped dapples on his front end.

IMG_3074-600x508.jpg

This gorgeous guy's name is Austin. It goes without saying that this unique boy is a show horse!

#8. The Friesian-Gypsy Vanner Crossbreed

gypsy-vanner-horses-bri-ste-600x659.jpg

Something about this guy reminds me of Fabio. Am I right?
#9. The Sorraia Mustang

Altamiro-cantering6-600x450.jpg

The Sorraia horse is an endangered South Iberian wild horse, also known as a Sorraia mustang.

Sorraia_foal_on_the_Ravenseyrie_Sorraia_Mustang_Preserve-600x450.jpg

Characterized by a coat that's somewhere between grey and brown, these majestic wild horses are some of the most beautiful on the planet.

#10. Cremello Tennessee Walking Horse

CREMCREM-600x478.jpg

While not as rare as some of the other horses on this list, this cremello is a blonde beauty.

cremellohorsey.jpg

Check out those baby-blue eyes as well!

These 10 Rare And Beautiful Horses Are Like Nothing You’ve EVER Seen! | PetFlow Blog - The most interesting news for pet parents around the world.

All beautiful horses, although the last time I was on one, it did not end well.

Last edited:
:wave:wow those are amazing! A few I've heard of but never seen pictures.

Haven't ridden in some years...

Love horses, I used to help break them when I was young. I went to camp when I attended a private school, They had a blind horse with marbles for eyes ( yes the horse was named Marble ) since I was skilled and familiar with horses I was trusted enough to take her for a ride. The Camp owner was so impressed he let me take her out for a ride every day for my week stay... it was an awesome experience.
I love Tennessee Walkers and Fox Trotters, they are like riding a cadillac.

went horse riding a couple of times and that couple to many,hard work

The second one actually looks like a pony, I'm probably wrong, but looking at the foal pic and the later grown pic, doesn't seem to be the same horse.. Cool crosses here... forgetting some of the most beautiful such as the shire and percherons.. not to mention the different types of colorings that have come up throughout the years! Gotta love 'em all though :)

Amazing horses. :)

Back