$1 Billion Dollars House!!!

I can't see Warren Buffet living in a building like this and he's even richer than the Indian guy. :lol:

Actually, Buffet lives in a very modest home.

I used to drive by it daily on farnam. If it was in Boulder or California it would be a multi-million dollar house. Its a 7000 sqft house with a handball court in it.

Source easily provided if asked for.

Actually, Buffet lives in a very modest home.
I've known that for years.
Hence why I said that in my previous post. The building that I see in this thread is anything but modest.

have you seen it?

The one in this thread or Buffet's house? I have not seen Warren Buffet's house but from all accounts, Buffet is a man who does not live extravagantly. I believe he has lived in the same house for over 30 years or more.

I've just looked at his house and it seems rather modest compared to other millionares or billionares' houses I've seen. The house in this thread certainly makes Buffet's house look like a shack.

The one in this thread or Buffet's house? I have not seen Warren Buffet's house but from all accounts, Buffet is a man who does not live extravagantly. I believe he has lived in the same house for over 30 years or more.

I've just looked at his house and it seems rather modest compared to other millionares or billionares' houses I've seen. The house in this thread certainly makes Buffet's house look like a shack.

You sure about that?

Buffett owns a $4 million house in California.. And I am going to be perfectly honest with you - when I went to his house, it was really nice.

He has owned the same house since '58

It's nearly the same neighborhood that Ricketts lives in... And that house of Ricketts, wow.

You sure about that?

Buffett owns a $4 million house in California.. And I am going to be perfectly honest with you - when I went to his house, it was really nice.

He has owned the same house since '58

It's nearly the same neighborhood that Ricketts lives in... And that house of Ricketts, wow.
Very well, if you say so.

Was it worth that much in 1958? I doubt it was worth 4 million when he bought it or that it was even worth a million in 1958. I would imagine that it wasn't even worth a million then. Personally, I think it became worth a lot because of who he is.

I think I've heard the Ricketts name before and I'm trying to remember where I heard it before. Something to do with the internet? :hmm:

Even you have to admit that it's a modest house compared to the $1 billion dollar house in this thread.

Very well, if you say so.

Was it worth that much in 1958? I doubt it was worth 4 million when he bought it or that it was even worth a million in 1958. I would imagine that it wasn't even worth a million then. Personally, I think it became worth a lot because of who he is.

I think I've heard the Ricketts name before and I'm trying to remember where I heard it before. Something to do with the internet? :hmm:

Even you have to admit that it's a modest house compared to the $1 billion dollar house in this thread.

It was $38,000 when he bought it. About $300,000 if you do inflation, but we know house prices arent like that.

It used to be assessed at 700k, now its somewhere in 600k. The location makes the difference. Where else can you find cheap houses?? Omaha real estate is just ridiculously cheap. I never said a million dollar for his house. :)

Just that its really nice.. But Cheap... but really nice.. ya know.

The $4 mil dollar house is in California.

BTW if you want to meet him.. go trick and treating at his house. i'll give you the address if you want.

Warren doesn't strike me as pretentious or a man driven to excess - in short a person who who is modest in his tastes. if I were to have money like him, my house would be a bit more showy.

Ricketts owns Ameritrade.. Headquartered in Omaha... His house, oof. Copper roof, sqfootage north of 5 digits, tennis court, swimming pool, etc... not even near 2 mil.

Warren doesn't strike me as pretentious or a man driven to excess - in short a person who who is modest in his tastes. if I were to have money like him, my house would be a bit more showy.

He's very modest, I'll give you that. Ive seen him dancing at a steak house before. In addition to modesty, he's VERY gentleman-like.

It was $38,000 when he bought it. About $300,000 if you do inflation, but we know house prices arent like that.

It used to be assessed at 700k, now its somewhere in 600k. The location makes the difference. Where else can you find cheap houses?? Omaha real estate is just ridiculously cheap. I never said a million dollar for his house. :)

Just that its really nice.. But Cheap... but really nice.. ya know.

The $4 mil dollar house is in California.

BTW if you want to meet him.. go trick and treating at his house. i'll give you the address if you want.

Mmm. Would you throw me some first class tickets to his city so I can trick or treat at his house in style? ;)

According to Wikipedia...Bill Gate's 66,000 sq ft manison, the tax asseted value of the house and property is $125 million with annual property taxes of $991,000 as of 2006.

hrmm....if i were that rich, I wouldn't want to build a house like that...come on...the environmental impact of that house?! And it's too ostentatious for me. I would just prefer to live in southern California, Boston, New York City, Austin, Texas, Europe, and a whole bunch of other properties in some places.

I would want to design my future house as an affordable environmentally friendly, sustainable house that meets or exceeds the gold LEED standard for buildings, and that everybody can use when building new houses. xD Actually, it would be awesome if there was some way to *cheaply* build or modify existing houses to make houses more environmental friendly that all builders and architects can use in their blueprint plans. xD

Back