WWIII has begin?

there you go. we were talking about the Chinese.... not Russian.

I was talking about communist nations. N. Korea, China and Russia.

Kind of all ties in with why there is a North and South Korea.

they're..... not the same. each country has a fundamentally different system.

cuz of.... $$$$$. USA is part of it too.

Yes, I realize they are each fundamentally different, but have the same form of government. An oppressive one.

That is why the U.S. will continue to support our allies, especially when they are being threatened.

And yes, it often backfires, but it does not hinder us from helping our friends.

We kicked the Soviets out of Afghanistan, only to have that backfire. And yes, I am critical of they way we ABANDONED the Afghans.

Yes, I realize they are each fundamentally different, but have the same form of government. An oppressive one.

That is why the U.S. will continue to support our allies, especially when they are being threatened.

And yes, it often backfires, but it does not hinder us from helping our friends.

We kicked the Soviets out of Afghanistan, only to have that backfire.

um............................................ no? :laugh2:

time to sign up for World History course at your local community college. it's so hilarious that you're mixing everything up together in a blender machine :laugh2:

um............................................ no? :laugh2:

time to sign up for World History course at your local community college. it's so hilarious that you're mixing everything up together in a blender machine :laugh2:

No need, I already took Foreign Policy.

Vietnam, the soviets supplied the enemy with all the weapons to drag us into a lengthy war.

The U.S. made the same mistake they made in Korea. The Pentagon ran everything on a schedule and "politically correct" warriors ran the show.

edit: But .... the Soviet Union eventually crumbled.

..... and we didn't even attack Soviet Union

same fate will happen for North Korea.

Yes, that is the goal ... a reunified and FREE Korea. Not an obliterated one.

However, force has to be met with force. China and N. Korea cannot dictate to S. Korea who they can and cannot be friends with and cannot dictate to S. Korea how to defend their country.

The same military exercises that have been taking place every year will continue.

sorry one last edit: N. Korea decalred to the world they have a nuclear weapons production facility, a week later they bomb the $hit out of S. Korea.

S. Korea has been doing the same military exercises every year. N. Korea aimed at civilians. That is a big "no-no". the U.S. has a very big paddle. They will get spanked.

Yes, that is the goal ... a reunified and FREE Korea. Not an obliterated one.

However, force has to be met with force. China and N. Korea cannot dictate to S. Korea who they can and cannot be friends with and cannot dictate to S. Korea how to defend their country.

The same military exercises that have been taking place every year will continue.

so you want to re-ignite Korean War?

good. then we are in agreement that we should exercise with extreme restraint.

Yes. However, like I said, actions displayed by the N. Koreans need to be addressed in a language they can understand.

How do you deal with a regime that is holding their own people hostage?

Yes. However, like I said, actions displayed by the N. Koreans need to be addressed in a language they can understand.

How do you deal with a regime that is holding their own people hostage?

so you want to adopt "Bomb Bomb Bomb" policy? "Shoot First, Ask Later"?

how would you know? We all know it's on the verge of collapse.
You know that for a fact?

we're not straying from topic. It's all related to how it can buckle NK's communist regime. We never retaliated nor attacked during Cold War, didn't we? and against China too, didn't we? and Cuba? Not a single war.
We didn't give them the chance to attack us first. They didn't dare because they knew we would retaliate. N. Korea doesn't have that same fear.

beside - we already retaliated back. what more do you want? Korean War II?
Korean war #1 isn't yet over.

Easy for you to say that we should retaliate back when you're 7,000 miles away from North Korea while our families are within eye sight of NK's missile strikes in Seoul.
Do you feel comfortable with your family being sitting ducks to anything N. Korea wants to do?

We must exercise with extreme restraint and UN Secretary General Ban (South Korean too) is suggesting same. We both fear for our birth country and our people.
That's what N. Korea is counting on, too.

She wouldn't be a good reporter if she gave up her source.
A professional "good" reporter doesn't make unattributed statements. She didn't even make a generic attribution like, "an unnamed Pentagon source" or WikiLinks. Nothing. Until there's an official source for such information, I don't believe it. Why should I? Why should anyone? There's no way you can fact check whatever statements she throws out there.

She probably didn't give a source because it's an unreliable one.

That's not a good thing.

tunnels were found and closed. There are definitely more tunnels to be found. China has historically sided with NK but exercised with caution.

China's wiser than us when it comes to foreign matter. We do not get to tell the Chinese what to do or what not to do because they have over 5,000 years of history. Who are we to lecture to them when we are a child to them?

The communist party did not exist for 5000 years!

so you want to adopt "Bomb Bomb Bomb" policy? "Shoot First, Ask Later"?

You have just described what North Korea has done. Except they bomb, bomb, bomb make paranoid false accusations later.

You know that for a fact?
ask the Koreans.

oh wait....... :wave:

We didn't give them the chance to attack us first. They didn't dare because they knew we would retaliate. N. Korea doesn't have that same fear.

Korean war #1 isn't yet over.

Do you feel comfortable with your family being sitting ducks to anything N. Korea wants to do?

That's what N. Korea is counting on, too.
I am not comfortable with how you "Americans" think. That's why we Koreans repeatedly told the Americans to butt out.

Back