WWIII has begin?

ask the Koreans.

oh wait....... :wave:
They won't share that information with our State Department or President?

I am not comfortable with how you "Americans" think. That's why we Koreans repeatedly told the Americans to butt out.
Excuse me.

Do you not realize how many American soldiers sacrificed their lives to protect S. Korea? Do you not realize whose uniformed butts are in the line of fire at the DMZ?

Since it is American military, equipment, and money that is protecting S. Korea, I believe our country does have a say in what goes on.

If S. Korea doesn't want help from America or the UN, then I'm fine with that. They can tough it out alone, if that makes them happy.

Excuse me.

Do you not realize how many American soldiers sacrificed their lives to protect S. Korea? Do you not realize whose uniformed butts are in the line of fire at the DMZ?

Since it is American military, equipment, and money that is protecting S. Korea, I believe our country does have a say in what goes on.

If S. Korea doesn't want help from America or the UN, then I'm fine with that. They can tough it out alone, if that makes them happy.

agree with you there, also this might mean China would not back NK if America isnt involved so hence risk of WWIII remain minimal?

you know very well that majority of information from State Department or President is not released to public.

Excuse me.

the question is - how assertive are they?

you know very well that majority of information from State Department or President is not released to public.
I was talking about information from S. Korea being given TO the American leaders.

the question is - how assertive are they?
That wasn't your question at all. In fact, it wasn't even a question. It was this statement:

"I am not comfortable with how you 'Americans' think. That's why we Koreans repeatedly told the Americans to butt out."

S. Korea wants the aid but doesn't want the advice, huh?

What do you think would happen if all American and UN troops, military advisers, contractors, and equipment left S. Korea within six months?

I was talking about information from S. Korea being given TO the American leaders.
they live in there, you know? I'm referring to State Department people.

That wasn't your question at all. In fact, it wasn't even a question. It was this statement:

"I am not comfortable with how you 'Americans' think. That's why we Koreans repeatedly told the Americans to butt out."

S. Korea wants the aid but doesn't want the advice, huh?

What do you think would happen if all American and UN troops, military advisers, contractors, and equipment left S. Korea within six months?
that kind of mentality is considered rude. You don't go into guest's house to help out and be aggressively assertive at same time. again - how assertive are they?

if america wasn't there sk would have been overrun long ago

that kind of mentality is considered rude. You don't go into guest's house to help out and be aggressively assertive at same time. again - how assertive are they?
You think American troops are there as guests?

Are guests normally expected to pay for their own lodging and supplies?

Are guests normally expected to die for their hosts?

Who do you think the "guests" are being assertive against, and in what way?

Excuse me.

agree with you there, also this might mean China would not back NK if America isnt involved so hence risk of WWIII remain minimal?

If America wasn't involved, China would back NK's immediate and swift overrun of SK.

North and South Koreas would be united as was North and South Vietnams. All one big, happy, communist family.

Then, the North would help itself to the resources of the South (as the Soviets did to E. Germany when they got control after WWII), and leave the South with diddly squat.

If America wasn't involved, China would back NK's immediate and swift overrun of SK.

North and South Koreas would be united as was North and South Vietnams. All one big, happy, communist family.

Then, the North would help itself to the resources of the South (as the Soviets did to E. Germany when they got control after WWII), and leave the South with diddly squat.

correction - China never got involved in the first place. We encroached too close to China. Our action forced them to protect itself.

You think American troops are there as guests?

Are guests normally expected to pay for their own lodging and supplies?

Are guests normally expected to die for their hosts?
as far as I'm concerned - yes they are "guest". They are free to leave at anytime they want.

Who do you think the "guests" are being assertive against, and in what way?
their aggressive assertiveness is hampering South Korean's delicate effort to work together with North Korea. They're really hell-bent on forcing NK back to table on nuclear subject. Their fixation makes kokonut's Obama obsession looks like a healthy hobby.

just realise that your freedom within USA depends on the US troops's contribution, and even control of others (whether full or partial) of militay activity in foriegn lands...now if this doesnt happen...your very freedom as a US citizen is at risk...

as far as I'm concerned - yes they are "guest". They are free to leave at anytime they want.
You have an odd definition of guest.

I've never heard of guests paying their own way and risking their lives for their hosts.

Also, they can't leave any time they want because they have contractual obligations with their host (more proof that they are not guests).

No, they certainly aren't being treated like guests.

their aggressive assertiveness is hampering South Korean's delicate effort to work together with North Korea. They're really hell-bent on forcing NK back to table on nuclear subject. ...
How are they showing "aggressive assertiveness" (whatever that means)?

Would you prefer that N. Korea develop nuclear weapons?

who fired the shell first?

With the intention to inflict harm?

North Korea did.

Suppose you go to a rifle range to practice. The guy in the lane next to yours decides, "hey, your too darn close to me AND your shooting a gun". So he shoots you in "self defense".

?

With the intention to inflict harm?

North Korea did.

Suppose you go to a rifle range to practice. The guy in the lane next to yours decides, "hey, you are too darn close to me AND you're shooting a gun". You shoot at his area so he shoots you in "self defense".

?
fixed your post for you.

their aggressive assertiveness is hampering South Korean's delicate effort to work together with North Korea. They're really hell-bent on forcing NK back to table on nuclear subject. Their fixation makes kokonut's Obama obsession looks like a healthy hobby.

I have to agree. I think all United States personnel should leave S. Korea and never go back. Especially, when they are being over run. We don't want to be "rude".

Besides, think of all the money Americans would save if we didn't help S. Korea. I might finally be able to afford a new car.

but I am sure there wouldn't be any more Hyundais or KIA's on the market .... bummer.

I have to agree. I think all United States personnel should leave S. Korea and never go back. Especially, when they are being over run. We don't want to be "rude".

Besides, think of all the money Americans would save if we didn't help S. Korea. I might finally be able to afford a new car.

but I am sure there wouldn't be any more Hyundais or KIA's on the market .... bummer.

Also no Samsung and LG too.

Back