Votes: 11 9.3%
  • DSL

Votes: 27 22.9%
  • Cable

Votes: 71 60.2%
  • Other

Votes: 9 7.6%

• Total voters
PAH got my CABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY FINALLT FINALLY NO MORE DAIL UP AFTER 8 YRS GAWDDAMN! YAY now will have VP set up this weekend nce i get my tech to come back out here cuz of a mini screw up....

javapride said:
PAH got my CABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY FINALLT FINALLY NO MORE DAIL UP AFTER 8 YRS GAWDDAMN! YAY now will have VP set up this weekend nce i get my tech to come back out here cuz of a mini screw up....

Wow! That was the longest time that you had been waiting for. Mine waited for miserable five years using a dialup - what a horrible service. You gotta install updated anti-virus and a firewall for your computer. Have fun! :P

actually minimum is 118 KBPS with 14 FPS will still get perfect quality. I have done experiment with them and find the minimum speeds for optimal quality. Anything below both numbers its mess!

Tousi said:
Anything over 256 UPload speed is best for VP and my UPload is somewhere around 437......

That is right, the real reason why VP offers better quality over webcam is simple. Having CAM though computer, the problem is computer have built in firewalls, and protocol packing process controls which have some delay in there. It is like having a cop checking every packet before they send out or come in the system. Videophone unit don't have firewall in there, and have nothing for hackers to break in so there is no delay, or slow down in VP, in other word no cops, so everything comes and go freely without delay, VIOLA! nearly perfect video quality at bigger size.
The only problem with the VP that generally deafies don't give damn about is audio part. VP offers only half duplex, meaning that voice can be recieved or transmit at one time. Can't send and recieve audio at same time. This is to enable free up resources for video that enables send and recieve at same time.

RebelGirl said:
uhh huhhh VP is quite fast and better picture quality than webcam.. so I'll have to agree with feistychick

I have SBC/Yahoo DSL now. But I will be switch RoadRunner in November.. Right now I have a lot Lag on my DSL and disconnect so often. SBC/Yahoo sucks!

Use Comcast Cable...

download speed: 8074 kbps

upload speed: 712 kbps
(actual max. at 768 kbps)

FYI: speed tests are actually not exact true speed indiction as shown due to several reasons like: time of Internet traffic or anyone who uses firewall program that slows speed down or few other reasons like spyware that depends. Sometime it does tad faster or slower in times, really.

But these speed tests you received are often "thereabouts", however.

Man, I wish we can use fiber optics (very faaaast) but only for military and certain universities. And so expensive, too. They would make DSL/Cable very joke by speed.

But hey, be glad enough that it's not dial-up anymore these days, lol. It sure was so awful slow... so sorry for these few who still use and be stuck with it. I cannot imagine going back to that kind of speed.

I voted DSL since my home (DC) got fastest running than Comcast cable, I dont know why plus too expensive also lousy customer service...

actually minimum is 118 KBPS with 14 FPS will still get perfect quality. I have done experiment with them and find the minimum speeds for optimal quality. Anything below both numbers its mess!

It need a smart program like iChat as it handle well on EvDO speed, very smart to make frame look still good with iSight.

So, I except for VP-200 have smart program to fix and make a nice fps.

My ISP ADSL speed is 2mb download, with 128kbps upload.

The speed test results:

2005-06-24 23:04:16 EST: 1790 / 170
Your download speed : 1833385 bps, or 1790 kbps.
A 223.8 KB/sec transfer rate.
Your upload speed : 175098 bps, or 170 kbps.

Just an update... ADSL speed is upgraded recently... 7.5mb downloads, with 800kbps upload.

The cable company recently upgraded the network speed from 3mbps/256kbps to 6mbps/384kbps. I'm glad I got faster speed for the same price.

Here are the test results

Last Result:
Download Speed: 5845 kbps (730.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 355 kbps (44.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
log.php

:)

The cable company recently upgraded the network speed from 3mbps/256kbps to 6mbps/384kbps. I'm glad I got faster speed for the same price.

Here are the test results

Last Result:
Download Speed: 5845 kbps (730.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 355 kbps (44.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
log.php

:)

Wonderful!!! ... I'm wondering what cable company do you have?

My 2nd job, holy mackel! I am sitting on true T2 line! Upload going blazing 4.1MBPS (4100kbps) and download speed going at 4.6MBPS! My work VP set up both upload and download speed at 512 and still get perfect 30 FPS. Man! I love it!

Last edited:
Back