What did you learn today? Part II

Right now, just for fun.

Ha, ha, I would like to think he inherited some good stuff from me but I think he mostly got my weird stuff, like avoiding crowds and socializing. The rest of his family is social. He's not anti-social, just not outgoing.

So far, I don't think he has live people to practice with. He's not a very social person; very introverted. I think he prefers to read and write the languages rather than chat with people. (Not very chatty even in English.) I just found out yesterday afternoon, so I haven't yet had a long discussion with him about it.

He does chat German with his younger brother.

I think my son inherited it from my father. They are not a fan of elevators. That's pretty cool your grandson enjoys learning the languages. Maybe he will learn the dead language, Latin? lol

I think my son inherited it from my father. They are not a fan of elevators. That's pretty cool your grandson enjoys learning the languages. Maybe he will learn the dead language, Latin? lol
Funny you should mention that--I took Latin during my freshman year of high school. :lol:

Seriously, even though Latin is dead as a language, it's still useful to learn. It's the base of the Romance languages, and the source of many legal, scientific and medical terms.

I realized I have a bucket list. I accomplished part of it, but there's way more to come.

I realized I have a bucket list. I accomplished part of it, but there's way more to come.
Anything fun left? I still want to go deep in the ocean in a bathysphere. That seemed more realistic than walk on moon from when I was a kid. It wasn't a bucket list when I was a kid, it was the things I want to do when I grow up list. Climbing a big mountain is still on there, but they keep getting smaller as I get older.

Anything fun left? I still want to go deep in the ocean in a bathysphere. That seemed more realistic than walk on moon from when I was a kid. It wasn't a bucket list when I was a kid, it was the things I want to do when I grow up list. Climbing a big mountain is still on there, but they keep getting smaller as I get older.

I always wanted to meet a sage on a mountaintop but I am sure the sage would make me feel foolish.

Amtrak updated its website overnight and it has lots of bugs that need ironing out. I’m glad I don’t need to book any trains at this time.

Smelling smoke around here... learned that the wildfires broke out in Napa County early this morning. Massive evacuations are underway up there, winds gusting up to 50mph isn't helping as embers from high winds caused fires to jump all over the place and spread. Hope the wind dies down and the firefighters get the fires under control soon. The red flag warning has been issued until Tuesday morning for much of the Bay Area due to dry vegetation and low humidity.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/2-big-wildfires-prompt-evacuations-in-Napa-County-12262945.php

I learned that an Apple Store nears me has a class on Numbers (Apple's Excel) and a class on Pages (Apple's Word) both on Wednesday afternoon.

Today I learned that life is never too easy for any anyone like you think. You will definitely come across to a lot of people, who will appreciate you , understand your views and also you will find a lot of people going against your point and possibly pointing the weakest area of you.

i learned I have a very cute kitten. He's growing up fast. 4 months old. And big. The vet took one look at his legs and feet and said "that's Bigfoot!" :)

Amtrak updated its website overnight and it has lots of bugs that need ironing out. I’m glad I don’t need to book any trains at this time.

Somehow.. I'm not surprised. My aunt would say "Typical Amtrak!" - have heard many stories.

Update from the wildfire.... blackened 103,000 acres, 1,500 structures destroyed in the fast moving fires, 10 people dead, 100 missing.

920x1240.jpg

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/artic...ns-in-Napa-County-12262945.php#photo-14315703

My daughter, who lives just west of San Jose, said she could smell the smoke yesterday. :(
And her area had a small earthquake last night, but she did not notice it.

Yikes.. I wonder how my friends in San Mateo are doing (it's been years since I last talked to them tho :() and another friend in SF (not exactly sure where)- he hasn't posted anything about the fires yet.

Stay safe Dan- and anyone else near the fires...

And I am wondering about a cousin and his family in Yuba City. Do mostly to the fact that he is 8 years older than I am we were never very close but always got along when we did have any contact.

And I am wondering about a cousin and his family in Yuba City. Do mostly to the fact that he is 8 years older than I am we were never very close but always got along when we did have any contact.
From what I seeing Yuba City is being used for evacuees. No fires in Yuba City at this time.

Yuba City is north of Sacramento.

I'm just south of these fires and we're ok here. Unfortunately the half of Santa Rosa (just north of Petaluma) town is destroyed. :(

Charles Schulz (Peanuts) Museum is in Santa Rosa and that area were evacuated. They remain closed until further notice... I hope there's no damage to the museum as I've visited that place once.

Thanks DD, I'm safe and well here.

Last edited:
Back