What are you doing right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
is 61 cold for you????

"Hi, my girlfriend and I just started our freshman year of college. We chose our major to be ASL Interpreting. In one of our classes, called Deaf Culture, we were asked to interview a member of the deaf community. We were wondering if anyone here would be interested on skyping with us for a brief interview. This project is worth a lot, and we would really really appreciate it if anyone can help us. Thank you/"

"Hi, my girlfriend and I just started our freshman year of college. We chose our major to be ASL Interpreting. In one of our classes, called Deaf Culture, we were asked to interview a member of the deaf community. We were wondering if anyone here would be interested on skyping with us for a brief interview. This project is worth a lot, and we would really really appreciate it if anyone can help us. Thank you/"

yes but have be bsl, not tonight

Just picked up chicken wings and pulled pork from a local BBQ place.

Trying to remain productive in a house with uncomfortable furniture and a non-functioning kitchen. My mom just moved house but her stuff's still in storage. It was supposed to be here today, but there was a scheduling error with the movers so we have to do it tomorrow.....not happy.

It is for me. :lol:

It was 91 here yesterday. We're still running our AC.

Heat rash in November! That's about the only thing I miss about not living in El Paso.

I kind of like the cool temperatures in fall.

Heat rash in November! That's about the only thing I miss about not living in El Paso.

I kind of like the cool temperatures in fall.
I like it cooler in the fall, too. Yesterday was exceptionally hot. It's cooler this week but nothing like the North or Midwest.

Anyone else? This project is worth about half my final grade. I need your help, guys.

Are there any Deaf Events (coffee nights, something like Mata Expo or DeafFestival) near you? Those might be a lot easier to go to and maybe get someone to allow you to interview them. Also, when is your deadline? The way you sound makes it seem incredibly close.

Which is typical of the thousands of students coming to this forum trying to meet a deadline. We are a chat group, not guinea pigs.

Finally started cleaning out my master room closet. Gave four huge bags to Goodwill. Amazing how much crap we collect over the years. Have loads left to do but need to pace myself. Wonder if Goodwill takes those white plastic hangers? Have a coupld 100 to spare.

Which is typical of the thousands of students coming to this forum trying to meet a deadline. We are a chat group, not guinea pigs.

It's amazing how many people don't seem to realize that. Especially when it comes to procrastinating, then it's like "Let's ask people on this nice forum to help us meet our deadline."

Heck, I've been on here (on and off) for years and I wouldn't dare.

Finally started cleaning out my master room closet. Gave four huge bags to Goodwill. Amazing how much crap we collect over the years. Have loads left to do but need to pace myself. Wonder if Goodwill takes those white plastic hangers? Have a coupld 100 to spare.

You could always ask....There may be other organizations that need coathangers as well....

yes but have be bsl, not tonight

It's amazing how many people don't seem to realize that. Especially when it comes to procrastinating, then it's like "Let's ask people on this nice forum to help us meet our deadline."

Heck, I've been on here (on and off) for years and I wouldn't dare.

It is actually due next week. I'm not using you as guinea pigs. I'm asking you if i can interview you. I am asking for your help. Guinea pigs don't get asked for help. They are forced to be used as experiments. Which brings me to my next point. This is not an experiment. I am an interpreting major. The purpose of my homework is to get to know the deaf culture just as if i was learning any other language in the world. Anyways, I really hope anyone can help me.

It is actually due next week. I'm not using you as guinea pigs. I'm asking you if i can interview you. I am asking for your help. Guinea pigs don't get asked for help. They are forced to be used as experiments. Which brings me to my next point. This is not an experiment. I am an interpreting major. The purpose of my homework is to get to know the deaf culture just as if i was learning any other language in the world. Anyways, I really hope anyone can help me.

You ignored my other post, first. Second, I'm wondering about Deaf Events in your area. Typically ASL/Interpreting/Deaf Studies teachers want you to interact with people in person, rather than over Skype. They want you to go to Deaf Coffee Nights, Expos, DeaFestival, etc. That way you get the feel of Deaf Culture rather than a one-on-one over the internet.

I understand this all sounds harsh, but there are a LOT of people who come on here, hoping to find an easy way out of their homework instead of going out and finding events and interacting with the Deaf Community. I've not been on here that often recently (school and other stuff getting in the way) and I've seen tons of people just make a post asking for what they want, and then they go away when they get it. This is a social forum.

You ignored my other post, first. Second, I'm wondering about Deaf Events in your area. Typically ASL/Interpreting/Deaf Studies teachers want you to interact with people in person, rather than over Skype. They want you to go to Deaf Coffee Nights, Expos, DeaFestival, etc. That way you get the feel of Deaf Culture rather than a one-on-one over the internet.

I understand this all sounds harsh, but there are a LOT of people who come on here, hoping to find an easy way out of their homework instead of going out and finding events and interacting with the Deaf Community. I've not been on here that often recently (school and other stuff getting in the way) and I've seen tons of people just make a post asking for what they want, and then they go away when they get it. This is a social forum.

My bad, I didn't ignore it. I actually been looking for deaf events this past week. Most of them are taking place next week so it doesn't really work for me. Also, I got in touch yesterday with several people who run those events and I hope I will attend. Anyways, I am very invested in my major and future career. I want to be part of your community just as much as I am of mine. This will definitely not the last time you hear from me.

By the way anyone wants to be interviewed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back