VP-200 Won't COnnect, Tech support no help

Raider

Reaction score
I have Sorenson VP 200 plus Sorenson DLInk router and a Linksys router. I recently moved to a new area and cannot get the VP to connect. When I try to set it to find DHCP address automatically, it not work. The VP says cannot connect to network.

My cables are all connected correctly. My router and VP are plugged. Cable company says modem is working correct. I believe them because my computer and wireless work fine. Sorenson tech support cannot solve the problem. I still have no VP. I took VP to Friend's house and it work there, but not at my house.

SUggestions? Cable company says they can see my VP trying to connect, but for some reason will not work.
thanks

Complain to the previous tenant for the damages they caused..:lol:

VP won't connect

Yes, Sorenson came to the house. They do not know why it will not connect. I really don't understand why the cable company can see it trying to connect in their system but it won't do it.

The problem is that you have two routers in place You need to kill DHCP server on second router, preferred Linksys because Dlinks works better with VP. This has to be connect correctly and little different than default connection. Do not attempt use DHCP on your VP as it won't work unless you set to Static-DHCP on Dlink router.

Other way you can do if you want wireless is to remove Dlink router and use Linksys router alone. It is not hard, but remember do not enable DHCP on your VP

You can try call TTY and then can do step by step together to get those stuff work. VP to call technical support is little hard because you have to go over friend house and they explain you how and have go back and forward all those stuff can be stressful. If the instruction that they tend to send to try ourselves first and more assist. I had no problem with instruction and so on. I want to fix right that spot.

You probably aren't patient but don't get personal... some time we can be not patient... We gotta to learn the technology stuff.

Another than that.. what diehardbiker post is right...

You really don't need Linksys and Dlink router at same time... it kind of bit slow and not recommend.

You can go set up on Linksys directly to VP instead router if they have instruction step by step on TTY is useful because they can be with me while if i had problem to fix and fixing until we success together.

Sorenson is free service, if want start expection your service, then pay like cable service call or phone service call. I rather to fix myself until nothing is help.

About Trainer, you can report about trainer if you want to...

You can email at Sorenson VRS
or call 866.877.9826. they are toll free or call vp tech support 801 287 9403.

Final comment: Dlink router with wireless or without wireless is good than any brand. Why?? Friendly user.

Good luck

I have Sorenson VP 200 plus Sorenson DLInk router and a Linksys router. I recently moved to a new area and cannot get the VP to connect. When I try to set it to find DHCP address automatically, it not work. The VP says cannot connect to network.

My cables are all connected correctly. My router and VP are plugged. Cable company says modem is working correct. I believe them because my computer and wireless work fine. Sorenson tech support cannot solve the problem. I still have no VP. I took VP to Friend's house and it work there, but not at my house.

SUggestions? Cable company says they can see my VP trying to connect, but for some reason will not work.
thanks

I tried using only the Linksys router. The internet worked, but the VP did NOT work.

I tried using only Sorenson D Link router without the Linksys. The internet did NOT work, and the VP did NOT work either.

The Sorenson installer first time install used both my Linksys and the Sorenson router and they worked fine. But I have moved now into new city.

How do I connect to Sorenson if I disable the DHCP address? I do not have the address to put it in myself. How to I disable to DHCP on the second router?

My advise is to contact Sorenson Tech support, they are open 24/7 though VP. Or you could e mail with all detailed information, With enough information you could have your VP up and running in little time.

I know it is pain in butt going though your friends. And do not give up and do one step at a time. Doing one step at a time usually does the trick. Doing everything at once only confuses even more and will lead you to nowhere.

It is hard to give out instructions without knowing what brand and model of modem, also routers too, they will need the information. There are variance with set up among various brand and model of modem, router and whatever you have.

Don't you know that for example D-link got maybe over 15 different models of routers, not all of them are set up the same way. Same thing with Linksys and other brands.

DHB

I tried using only the Linksys router. The internet worked, but the VP did NOT work.

I tried using only Sorenson D Link router without the Linksys. The internet did NOT work, and the VP did NOT work either.

The Sorenson installer first time install used both my Linksys and the Sorenson router and they worked fine. But I have moved now into new city.

How do I connect to Sorenson if I disable the DHCP address? I do not have the address to put it in myself. How to I disable to DHCP on the second router?

As I said before, Sorenson can't make the VP connect. They came to the house and tried to make it work but can't. They tried with one router, with two routers, with no router. Nothing works at my house. I talked to tech support through email and through online chat. They cannot solve the problem.

When I take my VP and routers to someone else house, it works fine there. We live in the same town and their internet will let the VP connect.

I am trying to solve the problem myself because Sorenson does not know how to fix it and because the cable company cannot find a problem.

It (contacting Sorenson Tech support) won't hurt try again. If it did work elsewhere then there has been something that is missing down there at your house. Like I said, do it one step at a time, usually that does the trick.

DHB

As I said before, Sorenson can't make the VP connect. They came to the house and tried to make it work but can't. They tried with one router, with two routers, with no router. Nothing works at my house. I talked to tech support through email and through online chat. They cannot solve the problem.

When I take my VP and routers to someone else house, it works fine there. We live in the same town and their internet will let the VP connect.

I am trying to solve the problem myself because Sorenson does not know how to fix it and because the cable company cannot find a problem.

I have done every step, one at a time, many times. I did it with Deaf friends. I did it with Sorenson. I did it with cable company. No one knows why it will not connect. The Sorenson tech support finally told me to keep trying to connect and maybe someday it will work. That was their final answer.

Thanks anyway.

You say you've done every step, but I'mn skeptical. What specific steps did you take? How is it set up? I don't see how anyone can give an answer without details.

most of times linksys dont let vp work thrus.. and also one thing turn off dmz. that is how it work ...

try to get mino router. G+ server. or forget about vp-200 go ahead get OJO... i still have it for months no problem any all.

This is how the trainer first set up VP:

Modem to D Link router (Sorenson router)

D Link router to computer, to VP, and to Linksys router (for wireless)

VP to television.
That worked great. Then I moved. I set it up just like that. It did not work. These are the steps I did to fix it.....

I removed the Linksys router and just went without wireless. Still not work

I connected straight from modem to VP. Did not work

I removed the DLink router and used the Linksys to connect to the VP. Still did not work.

I used the reset button on the routers. Did not work.

I used the reset button on the VP. When I tried to set up VP again, could not connect.

I check the MAC address on the VP. It was correct.

I called the cable company. They came and made sure router worked. They checked all cables to make sure they not damaged. they made sure all were plugged in to right places.

I made sure I had fast enough connection. I re-set the modem. I plugged my computer into the wire for the VP to make sure there was really a connection there. The computer could connect to the internet, so I knew that was a good connection.

I called tech support. They told me to do all the things I had already done. Tech support came to the house and checked all connections and wires. The tech could not find problem. We contact cable company. On their computer they could see the VP trying to find connection but for some reason the VP failed to connect. That means the wires and all that were correct.

I told VP to find DHCP address automatically. That failed. I tried to put in old address from before. That failed.

I have a Linksys 2.4 GHz 802.11b wireless router, model BEFW11S4. I have a Soreson router, model # SR-200. I have the VP 200. I have a Motorola SB5100 modem. All these things worked well together at my old home. Here they do not work, and Sorenson cannot make it work. Sorenson tried, not their fault.

Partly true but since Raider got 2 routers, if hooked up correctly then Linksys compatibility issue should not be concerned.

And Turn off DMZ? VP can not run without DMZ being on. If you turn DMZ off, you won't be able to get incoming calls and VP speed may decrease too.

most of times linksys dont let vp work thrus.. and also one thing turn off dmz. that is how it work ...

try to get mino router. G+ server. or forget about vp-200 go ahead get OJO... i still have it for months no problem any all.

This is how the trainer first set up VP:

Modem to D Link router (Sorenson router)

D Link router to computer, to VP, and to Linksys router (for wireless)

VP to television.
That worked great. Then I moved. I set it up just like that. It did not work. These are the steps I did to fix it.....

I removed the Linksys router and just went without wireless. Still not work

I connected straight from modem to VP. Did not work

I removed the DLink router and used the Linksys to connect to the VP. Still did not work.

I used the reset button on the routers. Did not work.

I used the reset button on the VP. When I tried to set up VP again, could not connect.

I check the MAC address on the VP. It was correct.

I called the cable company. They came and made sure router worked. They checked all cables to make sure they not damaged. they made sure all were plugged in to right places.

I made sure I had fast enough connection. I re-set the modem. I plugged my computer into the wire for the VP to make sure there was really a connection there. The computer could connect to the internet, so I knew that was a good connection.

I called tech support. They told me to do all the things I had already done. Tech support came to the house and checked all connections and wires. The tech could not find problem. We contact cable company. On their computer they could see the VP trying to find connection but for some reason the VP failed to connect. That means the wires and all that were correct.

I told VP to find DHCP address automatically. That failed. I tried to put in old address from before. That failed.

I have a Linksys 2.4 GHz 802.11b wireless router, model BEFW11S4. I have a Soreson router, model # SR-200. I have the VP 200. I have a Motorola SB5100 modem. All these things worked well together at my old home. Here they do not work, and Sorenson cannot make it work. Sorenson tried, not their fault.

You say you moved. What did Sorenson say about the telephone number? Are you in the same area code as before? Which area code is your friend in? I do recall a friend moving and his VP not working for a while and then starting to work. IIRC, Sorenson requires whatever number you use to have the area code for where you live.

Are the DNS and IP address settings on the VP correct? Public IP correctly detected? Did you set up the VP IP address correctly? (For example: 192.168.0.125 for D-Link or 192.168.1.125 for Linksys) <--{don't use automatic DHCP on VP, but set it up yourself and make sure it matches DMZ}

If it's not that, did the Sorenson tech try a different VP at your home, or only tried to fix yours? You did say it worked at a friends home so that probably isn't it.

Just some ideas that I didn't see mentioned. (If you mentioned it, I overlooked it.)

Yes, Sorenson came to the house. They do not know why it will not connect. I really don't understand why the cable company can see it trying to connect in their system but it won't do it.

Sounds like something is blocking your connection. Try setting your router back to factory defaults and then unplug your video phone and reconnect it.

Maybe you plug wrong between two router?
you try remove linksys, test cable-modem to D-Link to VP-200, check it, if work then keep it and add linksys router because it is Firewell

becuase DLink is 192.168.0.1, Linksys Rotuer is 192.168.2.1, VP-200 192.168.0.125 to Linksys will not work, swtich to D-Link, you check cable network

P.S. you say two Router??? I know Linksys Wireless won't work VP-200 I. I use DD-WRT Firmwire to Linksys Rotuer work VP-200, only one router!!

thanks

Psst ... this is an old thread that was posted back in August of last year!

becuase Linksys Wireless will not work for VP-200 that DMZ ia bad programmer, D-Link router work to VP-200 but he need wireless for other laptop, computer, etc.. I have WRT54GS V4 won't work VP-200 some again again block screen, i fed up, I got DD-WRT firmware into Linksys Wirelss. work VP-200 100% can remove d-link router

The problem is that you have two routers in place You need to kill DHCP server on second router, preferred Linksys because Dlinks works better with VP. This has to be connect correctly and little different than default connection. Do not attempt use DHCP on your VP as it won't work unless you set to Static-DHCP on Dlink router.

Other way you can do if you want wireless is to remove Dlink router and use Linksys router alone. It is not hard, but remember do not enable DHCP on your VP

Back