Update on Hockeydude77(AKA Chris)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MushyCookies

Reaction score
A couple of days ago, Chris told me he would VP me. I waited all night and never got a call from him. So i figured maybe he got swammped with work and all.

That was not the case.....I just woke up this morning to a text from Chris' sister, She was telling me she finally got his phone back from the police. Chris got into a motorcycle vs Car accident. The driver of the car was drunk. He was on the Motorcycle. Please pray for him. He seem to be having a bad luck streak. I will update as soon as i find out more info on how serious his injuries are. :(
:grouphug:

I've seen a lot of motorcycle accidents in my area. My Grandpa was in one too many years ago and came out ok.

Praying for Chris.

that really sucks... a drunk driver vs motorbike?! I hope the drunk is fined/jailed big time!
hope your freind turns out to be ok.

hope he heals up quick.

drunk drivers should get much more time than they do

Oh, no! Poor Chris. I'll be praying for him.

Please keep us informed.

:hug:

UPDATE: His motorcycle snapped in 2 pieces. The police said it is a miracle he made it out alive with "minor injuries" Here's the list of his injuries:

4 broken ribs
Punctured right lung
Fractured left wrist
4 broken fingers
Bruised liver
Fractured ankle

He will be home tomorrow if all goes ok today. =(

Last edited:
I hope your friend turns out alright. I'll be praying for him.

UPDATE: His motorcycle snapped in 2 pieces. The police said it is a miracle he made it out alive with minor injuries. Here's the list of his injuries:

4 broken ribs
Punctured right lung
Fractured left wrist
4 broken fingers
Bruised liver
Fractured ankle

He will be home tomorrow if all goes ok today. =(
Thank you.

The police call those minor injuries?

I'm happy that he got minor injuries instead of something worse....

Anything to do with the Brain and heart is considered serious. ( they said it was all minor. I don't really agree with that... IMO the injury to the lung is pretty serious.)

I was going to say - minor?! but then I thought about it. its the medical classification for life threatening injuries. However with the fact he might be able to go home tomorrow is pretty quick! He probably will need help for awhile with things while he heals.

My thought exactly. In the Medical field , these classifcations/descriptions and things like that may not seem logical or reasonable to us. Like you said, if you think about it a little bit more, it makes sense. If you sustain an injury to the brain, that can mean many things because it is basically the controller of all the functions. Things can get pretty serious if it got damaged. Then there's the heart. What happens to people if it stop beating.... Yeah you get the picture. Punctured lung sounds bad but remember we have 2, so it is not exactly a life threatening injury if one goes down. Still sound a little bit bad to me though. Poor guy, if i could afford to fly over there to help him out, i would.

My thought exactly. In the Medical field , these classifcations/descriptions and things like that may not seem logical or reasonable to us. Like you said, if you think about it a little bit more, it makes sense. If you sustain an injury to the brain, that can mean many things because it is basically the controller of all the functions. Things can get pretty serious if it got damaged. Then there's the heart. What happens to people if it stop beating.... Yeah you get the picture. Punctured lung sounds bad but remember we have 2, so it is not exactly a life threatening injury if one goes down. Still sound a little bit bad to me though. Poor guy, if i could afford to fly over there to help him out, i would.

actually - it can be life threatening if one lung is punctured. try drinking with 2 straws - 1 straw in the cup and 1 straw outside the cup. that's what it feels like trying to breathe with punctured lung. the severity of injury depends on how big/small is the puncture.

in most cases of fractured ribs, it makes a small puncture into lung (a poke)... thus minor injury. you'll live. however - if you have a collapsed lung... bad bad bad bad bad news.

I am not sure what he has exactly, Collasped or just punctured lung (not all the way in). But yes you are right. It can be due to bleeding/suffocation

It's such an unfortunate thing for him, especially after hearing about the recent news of him having cancer. I will keep him in my prayers.

Thank you.

The police call those minor injuries?

i would thought from police view they be classed as serious,from medical point of view they nasty but not life threating if treated promtly,...i would thought he should be kept in hospital a little longer if only to rest up and get some decent pain relief..the dr's can only give an opinion how his bones will heal, in long term no one knows for certain and on that premis they should throw the book at this drunk driver.
i do hope he mends as soon as possible,i very sorry he had this happen at the hands of a drunk of course will think of you...

I am not sure what he has exactly, Collasped or just punctured lung (not all the way in). But yes you are right. It can be due to bleeding/suffocation

it's most likely just a punctured lung as you stated before. it's fine. at least it's not collapsed. punctured lung only means that his lung's got a hole - all the way in, poked, small or big, etc.

it's not unheard of a person to continue to function despite of punctured lung. I've heard of football quarterback continuing to play with a punctured lung.

is He okay ? go to hospital? serious pretty!! big on concern on, it fear on scary on worry! they safe on protect to! want to quick on go to better safe caught to better safe!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back