Update on Hockeydude77(AKA Chris)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG, I hope he'll make a speedy recovery!!!! my father was in a motorcycle accident before

Poor Chris! He has so much going on right now, all bad luck. I will pray for him.

I know right? I hate that i am broke, I wish i could go over and help him out.

I was so sad reading about what happened to Chris. He sure has a lot going on in his life and needs to get strong to beat the cancer. We are all praying for you Chris..get well soon!!!!

I was Wrecked when i got the text, but i know he is Definitely a fighter and is going to fight it.

UPDATE:
Hockeydude77

He was getting better for a while but then took a turn for the worse. They found some internal bleed around his heart. Apparently during the impact when the truck hit, One of his ribs punctured his heart. So he was rushed to the emergency room not long ago. They did an emergency surgery on his heart. It took them 8 hours to repair the valve and They had to stop his heart to do the operation. Everything is ok now though... He is awake now and talking to me directly. But he will be resting and a bit drowsy for a while.

This wonderful man need a break.......

That's tragic, good to know he's in good spirits with an awful lot of injuries. Any cop that calls a collision *mild", regardless of how badly the involved were hurt, is wrong! Hope he gets well soon!

May the path to recovery be as less painful as possible for your friend.

Yeah! It amazes me. The cops that said the injuries were minor said that when they first took him into the hospital. They didn't know about the heart puncture injury. The doctor found the bleeding yesterday or 2 days ago. (Not certain)

UPDATE:
Hockeydude77

He was getting better for a while but then took a turn for the worse. They found some internal bleed around his heart. Apparently during the impact when the truck hit, One of his ribs punctured his heart. So he was rushed to the emergency room not long ago. They did an emergency surgery on his heart. It took them 8 hours to repair the valve and They had to stop his heart to do the operation. Everything is ok now though... He is awake now and talking to me directly. But he will be resting and a bit drowsy for a while.

oh whew... it is good that doctor caught it and performed an emergency operation. internal bleeding is always a biggest concern and it's a very slow insidious injury that does not always show up initially.

a good doctor always know to check for internal bleeding for the next few days after accident.

UPDATE: His motorcycle snapped in 2 pieces. The police said it is a miracle he made it out alive with "minor injuries" Here's the list of his injuries:

4 broken ribs
Punctured right lung
Fractured left wrist
4 broken fingers
Bruised liver
Fractured ankle

He will be home tomorrow if all goes ok today. =(
Wow... he's lucky to be alive! :)

UPDATE:
Hockeydude77

Thank you very much for the updates. I will continue to pray for Chris.

Do you know if he got his test results for the cancer?

Wirelessly posted

I pray he has healthy recovery and everything goes smooth. Keep us posted thank you .

Yes he got it, if you want more information on the result, you should ask him.. but yes it came back positive for cancer.

cancer??????

Yep, bad luck streak, i told ya. He announced it on here earlier and then a week later he got into this accident...

Im sorry about your friend, Mush. :hug:

Things will git better.

For his sake with this bad luck streak I strongly advise against skydiving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back