The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, boy. That's so great... I think that I should let my anti-virus to re-scan my whole hard disk. It probably takes many hours to finish the task.
You will need to do a ful complete scan

Hmm, I thought you have a Mac? :P

Yes, I have a Mac. I just want to make sure that I don't get any viruses on my computer to send anything to my friends who have an IBM PC such as attached photos/files on my emails.

It took one hour to scan on my computer. I have a VirusBarrier X5. So far, no virus and no malware on my computer. Whew!

Due to these malicious viruses and worms, I really would rather to have a Mac Notebook as it is much more secure although much more expensive and not compatible with a lot of Windows based programs.

However I've found that a lot of the programs I use are more geared towards Mac anyhow such as Photoshop, Safari, OpenOffice.org, QuickTime, Java, etc. But finding a wireless router compatible with Windows XP and Mac is the difficult part.

More secure? Hahaha

Did you know that about a year and half ago, there was hacker tourney, whoever hacks first wins $$$. There was PC, MAC, Linux, Unix, and other system. Guess which system got hacked first? Of course, it is MAC! In less than 5 minutes. So, second attempt, took this hacker 15 seconds to hack in MAC!

The reason for MAC appears to be secured is that it is NOT as popular as Micro$oft windows. Usually hackers look for huge number to smash into, MAC user is less than 10% of overall computer in the world. 10%, hacker won't care much. 90% of computer uses Micro$oft, making it more attractive for hackers.

Due to these malicious viruses and worms, I really would rather to have a Mac Notebook as it is much more secure although much more expensive and not compatible with a lot of Windows based programs.

However I've found that a lot of the programs I use are more geared towards Mac anyhow such as Photoshop, Safari, OpenOffice.org, QuickTime, Java, etc. But finding a wireless router compatible with Windows XP and Mac is the difficult part.

I have a final production to present tomorrow for my drama class. We are not ready. :Oops:

I have a funny story to post, but I couldn't think of anywhere to put it so I shall put it here. Today I was asked by this guy in my class if "deaf people have deaf music?" :lol: He was being genuine... and he's normally fairly smart but not today. :lol: Then I said, "Well deaf people can't hear anything and they wouldn't have their own genre of music." Then he goes, "But wouldn't they have some songs in braille?" :lol: :lol: :lol: Then I said, "Braille is for the blind." :lol: And then some people started to laugh and I was like, "You mean sign language." :P

I have a funny story to post, but I couldn't think of anywhere to put it so I shall put it here. Today I was asked by this guy in my class if "deaf people have deaf music?" :lol: He was being genuine... and he's normally fairly smart but not today. :lol: Then I said, "Well deaf people can't hear anything and they wouldn't have their own genre of music." Then he goes, "But wouldn't they have some songs in braille?" :lol: :lol: :lol: Then I said, "Braille is for the blind." :lol: And then some people started to laugh and I was like, "You mean sign language." :P

:lol: Should have painted his forehead with a big ol' L for the day! :giggle:

I am NOT ready for the midterm exam which is on today! :Ohno:

No it will start in a hour and 15 minutes. Need to head out soon

Just finished one of the most stressful eventful days of my high school career! :shock:

lounging around and doing laundry. I accomplished to get my car washed whoohooo!!! Its so gloomy here and no sun for about 2 weeks! Its better than being hot :)

Iam so mad! I put sunblock on 3 times while at the beach and I still got burned. Just put Aloe Verde on my face, back, arms, and legs. I hate getting sunburned!

Had a nice day at the beach anyway.

Iam so mad! I put sunblock on 3 times while at the beach and I still got burned. Just put Aloe Verde on my face, back, arms, and legs. I hate getting sunburned!

Had a nice day at the beach anyway.

sounds like ineffective crappy sunblock. what SPF was it?

sounds like ineffective crappy sunblock. what SPF was it?

It was SPF 30. I spent at least 4 hours in the water...I must have gotten burned while swimming. I will buy a different one next time GRRR...

It was SPF 30. I spent at least 4 hours in the water...I must have gotten burned while swimming. I will buy a different one next time GRRR...

My very fair skinned daughter told me she just bought SPF 70! I did not even know that exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back