Stupid Homework

DeafNerdMommy

Reaction score
Urg, I would rather be here than doing homework. I got behind again but not from avoiding it. BTW alldeaf needs a vent form hehe. Anyways I have a huge paper due next month and I would be find just writing it and taking my time for this month to write it but my teacher wants us to turn in all these smaller projects with the big paper. Like we have to find sources to help our argument about the topic we pick. But we wants us to write a summary of only 5 of the sources we found and we can only use those 5. I found a total of 50 sources that would help me, but I have to read each one and pick the top 5 that will really make my paper strong but she only gave us 3 days to find, summaries in a 1000 word essay and explain in another 1000 paper essay why it would work for our topic. All while writing on this 5000 word argument about the first topic. We have 2 or 3 smaller projects about the paper due every Monday and Thursday until June 2nd when the paper is due, plus my other classes. This is by far the hardest class I have ever taken just based off of the fast pace, and I have taken speech class hehe.
I can't wait to be done with this term. Anyone else taking college classes and dying?

What is the course that the instructor is requiring all this writing for? What are you supposed to have gained by doing this?

Urg, I would rather be here than doing homework. I got behind again but not from avoiding it. BTW alldeaf needs a vent form hehe. Anyways I have a huge paper due next month and I would be find just writing it and taking my time for this month to write it but my teacher wants us to turn in all these smaller projects with the big paper. Like we have to find sources to help our argument about the topic we pick. But we wants us to write a summary of only 5 of the sources we found and we can only use those 5. I found a total of 50 sources that would help me, but I have to read each one and pick the top 5 that will really make my paper strong but she only gave us 3 days to find, summaries in a 1000 word essay and explain in another 1000 paper essay why it would work for our topic. All while writing on this 5000 word argument about the first topic. We have 2 or 3 smaller projects about the paper due every Monday and Thursday until June 2nd when the paper is due, plus my other classes. This is by far the hardest class I have ever taken just based off of the fast pace, and I have taken speech class hehe.
I can't wait to be done with this term. Anyone else taking college classes and dying?

It is a writing course about the college essay. It is supposed to teach us how to write a college style essay, which is an argument with no self opinions. I had to pick a random question and then find the best answer and write about it.

What is the random question you chose? Just curious ..

1000 word paper isn't bad
250 words a page

5000 words isn't bad either..

Sounds like english course.... pretty common to have essays.

Are big topic to pick a smaller topic from was justice. We had to read how to kill a mockingbird and the class most learned about wrongful arrest and mental illness. So I went a different route and did the question, "Are deaf inmates treated the same as hearing inmates?" I also cover blind, amputees, and other disabilities but most focus on deaf inmates. But this topic is a huge topic, so many cases of wrongful arrest and abuse within the prisons. Kind of sad, until you are reminded on what these people did. I felt sorry for this guy for not having a terp and being put in isolation for not responding to the guards, but he had killed his wife and 3 kids getting first degree murder and life. I don't know how to feel about him.

Didn't the guards know he was deaf ? I think I would more concerned about an innocent deaf or HOH person being arrested and throw into insolation for the same reason.

Are big topic to pick a smaller topic from was justice. We had to read how to kill a mockingbird and the class most learned about wrongful arrest and mental illness. So I went a different route and did the question, "Are deaf inmates treated the same as hearing inmates?" I also cover blind, amputees, and other disabilities but most focus on deaf inmates. But this topic is a huge topic, so many cases of wrongful arrest and abuse within the prisons. Kind of sad, until you are reminded on what these people did. I felt sorry for this guy for not having a terp and being put in isolation for not responding to the guards, but he had killed his wife and 3 kids getting first degree murder and life. I don't know how to feel about him.

justice is supposed to be blind

your feelings should not come into your work

regardless of the crimes
every con has rights.
that the crimes do not negate.

Yea I know, and I can't put my opinion in the paper anyways so that is not a problem, I am just personally conflicted.

How could you have time to do homework when you have young children? lol

deafnerdmommy
ill do your homework.....
for a price.
pm me

ps.
there's also some other stuff I've been procrastinating at... :ugh:

Fuzzy :zzz:

Back