Sprint Epic 4G

What is your approximate battery life I'm curious? Does it last you all day without needing a charge?

Another thing that can drain the battery fast is a lot of web browsing. This is why the Epic has a separate brightness setting for the browser. The color white uses up a lot of power and the majority of web pages have white in their backgrounds.

I use my phone heavy like browsing and I have 3 emails polling every one minutes and there gmail polling too also AIM running in background too.

When I browse and I happen to be near WIFI I went ahead and connect to it for the speed cuz I don't live in 4G coverage yet, my town only have 3G

My battery lasted me about 9 hours or so around.

My gf was worse because she was doing more on her Epic like playing games on it and she a facebook freak so she got live facebook feed polling on it too lol so her was like 6 hours or so.

That to be expected for burden we put on our Epic, we are planning on checking to see if there some aftermarket batteries with higher mAH rating that could give us an extra hour or so on it.

But we both are happy with the Epic.

If you select ocean live wallpaper and tap on it it will respone like you actually made wave or force water to move

But remember using wifi or some heavy apps will drain the battery faster and it the same with all smartphone even iphone

Yes I really like Ocean wave wallpaper, its very beautiful and reality move. I wish they can add Fish or something into ocean wave.. it looks more champion!

Yeah, Winmo OS is basically a bloatware OS. Too many outdated code that isn't optimized for a mobile phone. Lot of the code come from desktop Windows. It feels sluggish at times, too.
Yes, Big Yes! You are exact right! I am jealous that You have experience with winmo more then me.. :P

Oh really? It don't happen to my iPhone 4 and battery life is good after used web browsing alot.

Android does drain the battery if use IM alot too, I had experienced with Droid in past.

That is because the iphone uses retina display. The white background battery drain issue is an OLED issue. Check out the following PDF on page 15 for a comparision of white, red, blue, green. White uses 330% more power because all the subpixels must be turned on.

http://data.4dsystems.com.au/downloads/micro-OLED/Docs/4D_AMOLED_Presentation.pdf

A great way to get more battery life on super amoled is to have an all-black background or a dark colored one. I will definitely be testing for myself when I get my Epic.

My battery lasted me about 9 hours or so around.

My gf was worse because she was doing more on her Epic like playing games on it and she a facebook freak so she got live facebook feed polling on it too lol so her was like 6 hours or so.

Great, thank you for the information. If i can get 6 hours with heavy usage and 9 hours with moderate usage I will be more than happy. As I posted earlier, I ordered two batteries and a charger on ebay so I can always swap them out as needed. I'll let you know if its any good if you are interested. One killer thing about the Epic is the crazy fast bootup time so swapping batteries will be quick.

Oh really? It don't happen to my iPhone 4 and battery life is good after used web browsing alot.

Android does drain the battery if use IM alot too, I had experienced with Droid in past.

Check out the Trillian for Android beta. I used the blackberry version and there is minimal battery drain. My friend tried the android version and said battery usage is very comparable to the stock IM.. very low. The one problem right now is that it disconnects a lot, probably because its still in testing. It's one of the first things I plan to load on my Epic when I finally get my hands on it today.

*snip*I found a 2 battery and quick charger kit on ebay for $10 and bought it. People have been buying them for their EVO and said the battery is just as good as the OEM battery. I think $10 is worth the risk to find out. *snip*

Did you buy a battery for the EVO? Does the Epic have the same batter as the EVO? I really hope that works out for you... :hmm:

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Epix (i907))

The funny thing is my phone has 1800 mah batt while the epic 4g has a 1500 mah capacity, but Im sure the epic 4g uses more energy and should use a 1800 to 2000 mah. The issue those batteries take up more space, requiring a bigger battery cover. It will show a budge on the back of the phone.

Did you buy a battery for the EVO? Does the Epic have the same batter as the EVO? I really hope that works out for you... :hmm:

Yes, they both have 1500mAh batteries.

I have my Epic! Ive played with it for 10 minutes and am very happy with it already. TechBill is absolutely right, once you get used to swype you feel like the keyboard isnt really necessary! Swype rocks! The keyboard is still nice to have for some situations however such as having more screen view without swype covering part of it.

Trillian for Android rocks.. I've been using it for a bit, first thing I installed. Good thing there is a 3 day weekend coming up so I have plenty of time to play with the Epic!

My cousin had received new Samsung Epic 4G yesterday. Faster shipping service since ordering last Tuesday. Wow. I had called Sprint Relay support for swapping old BB to new device on existing phone number and be activating it. AMOMLED display is very clear. I use to type both of display and physical keyboards. I tested all of video MMS and fring between Epic 4 and my iPhone 4. This video is good. Movicha video chatting is not good as choppy. I have learned to set up it. I will teach my cousin how to set up it. iPhone 4 Facetime video is better than Qik video. :)

My cousin had received new Samsung Epic 4G yesterday. Faster shipping service since ordering last Tuesday. Wow. I had called Sprint Relay support for swapping old BB to new device on existing phone number and be activating it. AMOMLED display is very clear. I use to type both of display and physical keyboards. I tested all of video MMS and fring between Epic 4 and my iPhone 4. This video is good. Movicha video chatting is not good as choppy. I have learned to set up it. I will teach my cousin how to set up it. iPhone 4 Facetime video is better than Qik video. :)

Congrat to your cousin who got Sprint epic 4G.

Who cares? there is no better than this or other.. If owner's phone has FFC & runs Qik or fring better than NOTHING, right?

Yes Facetime is better, but it uses a lot more bandwidth! Maybe thats why ATT's network is so slow ;) Also, Facetime does not work over WiFi so unless you have a good signal it doesnt work very well. I work in an area where ATT has no 3G yet and the FaceTime app took a good 4 minutes to sync the video between two iPhone 4's. So in the end, while it is better, its also network dependent.

There 2 apps Epic or Evo owners should check out

If you use calender to track your appointments or events then calender alerts reminder is pretty weak with one time alert with tiny alert icon on top so get this apps called Nudnik

Nudnik you can set repeating vibratation and also you can set to wake and light up screen with a stick it note on screen very visual alert and worth getting

Second if you are eBook reader then I suggest this app called Aldiko It a very nice reader and have lot of customize settings

I am gotta get this phone after my contract with Sprint expired which is in Jan 2011.

Yes Facetime is better, but it uses a lot more bandwidth! Maybe thats why ATT's network is so slow ;) Also, Facetime does not work over WiFi so unless you have a good signal it doesnt work very well. I work in an area where ATT has no 3G yet and the FaceTime app took a good 4 minutes to sync the video between two iPhone 4's. So in the end, while it is better, its also network dependent.

Some rumor said that perhaps FaceTime over 3G means that Apple will introduce a revised iPhone 4 early 2011. But I can use FaceTime over 3g on my jailbroken iPhone 4.

Some rumor said that perhaps FaceTime over 3G means that Apple will introduce a revised iPhone 4 early 2011. But I can use FaceTime over 3g on my jailbroken iPhone 4.

Yes you can use facetime over 3g but my point was the Galaxy phones can do video conferencing over both 3g/4g and wifi also. Facetime does not work over wifi.

Yes you can use facetime over 3g but my point was the Galaxy phones can do video conferencing over both 3g/4g and wifi also. Facetime does not work over wifi.

No, FaceTime works over both of 3G and WiFi on my iPhone.

I am gotta get this phone after my contract with Sprint expired which is in Jan 2011.

Yeah, my contract expires on April 2011 :(, but by the time next year new phone will be smoke EPIC or EVO that is for sure, maybe wait for 2.3-2.5 OS also 3.0 Android should be interesting. ;)

3.0 Android cell info link at Exclusive: Sony Ericsson to introduce Android 3.0 gaming platform and PSP Go-like smartphone -- Engadget

http://nexus404.com/Blog/2010/06/25...inch-display-dual-core-processor-android-3-0/

I guess I will wait out for 2.5 OS or 3.0 OS with big improvement over old 2.0-2.2 OS :P

dg

Last night, I learned form ZVRS Customer Service. They told me that they will have new apps on Epic. So, I can call any VP device like VP200, OJO, etc. I asked what about EVO because Epic and EVO are same Android. They told me that Epic will work with any VP Devices. EVO will not able to call anyone has VP200 or OJO or other VP devices.

Back